User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default ISTP/ENTP teaming relations

I lately got involved into two greater occasions, when I was teamed with an ISTP. I must say it was really great.

One time was at university, when I formed the only two man team with an ISTP and we had to conduct an experiment on a steel shaft. We hat to measure how far you can stretch it in a machine until it breaks. We did the practical part and the maths in no time and finished long before any of the other 4 men teams got results. That was quite impressive.

The other time is now at work. My direct colleague is obviously ISTP. He drove a 2000 horse power tank in the army and is quite the cool guy. We work together like to cogs turning. Things just flow smoothly. And I really like his very bad humor .

Do you guys have similar experiences ? Or is it just me, seeing the world through rose-colored glasses ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yeah, I'm really good at making them work for me. Appreciating them for their unique set of skills.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

It's all about efficient use of my time so I can get back to what I would rather be doing.

MBTI
    INTP

In my experience, I work very well with ENTPs. They often have bright ideas and are competent enough to be a pleasure to work with. Occasionally they can be scatterbrained, but I can be that way too, so it's all gravy.

MBTI
    XXFP

I always liked finishing those group experiments as quick as possible. Not sure why - I'd just hustle to get through them and then when finished sit out the rest of class and do nothing in particular.

In chemistry, for example, I'd usually be the guy who did all the weighing or titration or X and report back my numbers to other people who did the math who then passed the numbers on to whoever made attractive data tables. More efficient. Usually the group liked it that way.

ENTPs are decent to work except when you ask them a straight question and they make a pun out of it and then don't really answer your question. Ugh.

MBTI
    TiSe

It would be no surprise for these two to get along well in handling a project. ENTPs have a Get Things Going interaction style that appeals to the ISTPs demeanor of Just Do It! and the ISTPs with their Chart the Course interaction style makes good project people in general in being able to see it through. Here is what Berens/Nardi says about them both:

ISTP
    For them, team relationships are about taking action to solve problems. They tend to focus more on the task to be completed than on the team members doing the work. Relationships often evolve in the process of problem solving. They show they care by solving problems for other team members and are not as likely to express feelings verbally as they are to demonstrate them by doing things with those they care about. They enjoy keeping things simple and showing their teammates techniques and shortcuts that work. They dont like to be on a team when they dont know anyone. Establishing relationships within the team can take a lot of energy for them, so once its done they prefer not to change it. If they dont feel trapped, they can be very loyal to the team and its members.
    ENTP
    For them, team relationships are about generating and sharing ideas. They are assertive in initiating relationships and there is usually an easy initial connection. They bring people together for interesting conversations. They want them to be at ease and to stimulate lively debate. They are good at connecting and aligning with people, getting to know them and sharing interests and activities. They are often a catalyst for the team, seeing the potential in others activities and perspectives. With their flood of new ideas and creative, unusual solutions they may be viewed by team members as out of control and into too many grand ideas at once; not realizing the perceptions of others, they may not verbalize the strategy behind their multi-focusing.

MBTI
    INTP

Those quotes that "?" posted also remind me of another thing I like about ENTPs -- they can be good social equalizers. In other words, they can act as a kind of medium for me to communicate with the other group members, in a way, which lessens the amount of effort it takes to communicate my ideas. I'm not exactly sure how to say this eloquently... maybe an ENTP can help haha.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Those quotes that "?" posted also remind me of another thing I like about ENTPs -- they can be good social equalizers. In other words, they can act as a kind of medium for me to communicate with the other group members, in a way, which lessens the amount of effort it takes to communicate my ideas. I'm not exactly sure how to say this eloquently... maybe an ENTP can help haha.
    4 words:
    entps are social pimps

I'll let somebody less lazy give a deeper answer.

my sister is an istp, she seems to think I'm alright. But I'm not very entpish with the family for what we may call historical reasons
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    STP

Here is something I posted on INTPc about ENTP vs INTP.

In regards to ISTP and interacting with ENTP vs INTP. An ENTP will leave enough room for an ISTP to work in regard to theory and process, but an INTP will take it to far and not allow enough flexibility in there theories to allow for an ISTP to apply it to the real world. With an INTP I notice real quick how it just isnt practical applying it to the real world because there is to much chaos in the real world to apply a deeper theory.
    ISTP needs theory and an ENTP can come up with just enough high level theory to let an ISTP run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    maybe.....its we are very good at functional analysis of something...we take the work out of introverted way bec. we can carry the conversational ball well. the thing is though, we have to be somewhat interested in the project. If its boring to us, we won't be there emotionally...we will try and somehow escape the routine.

Also, it allows us to use our abilities to create analogies and make somethign simple from something complex.