User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Brouhaha View Post
    I actually thought of a good question! ^_^

This is a question for my fellow ISTPs, but I guess anyone else can respond. After all, I can't very well stop you.

So I have a problem with remembering names! I'm great with faces; I can meet someone once and if I meet them again I will remember exactly where I've seen them. My question is, do the rest of you find this problem? Or am I just the cool kind of ISTP?
    I read about something a while ago about making association with people's names. They don't have to make sense. Lets try a hard one. My real name is EDAHN (pronounced ee DON). So. How're you gonna remember this?

ee DON is like the DON, the head of the mafia, and everytime you see me, you would think MAFIA GANGSTA. That' sit.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    No worries - I hardly remember yours and I have it right in front of me. But I do remember a distinct ridge line/mtn range. Avatar = online face. Handy.
    Except when they change avatars. I try and make an effort to remember usernames for exactly that reason, and so when people mention the name I know who they're talking about! Same applies to real life somewhat.

Otherwise, I'm pretty bad at names, and good with faces.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I read about something a while ago about making association with people's names. They don't have to make sense. Lets try a hard one. My real name is EDAHN (pronounced ee DON). So. How're you gonna remember this?

ee DON is like the DON, the head of the mafia, and everytime you see me, you would think MAFIA GANGSTA. That' sit.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Though none of us seem particularly concerned that we can't remember names. We're satisfied that we remember the important details

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Though none of us seem particularly concerned that we can't remember names. We're satisfied that we remember the important details
    That's very true. I'm far more curious about other people, than am I unhappy with my own forgetfulness.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Well, I like to be prepared in case of the end times but I am too flaky to pull this off. This ISTP isn't into that sort of thing as much as he is tolerant of my paranoia and he likes strategy, so planning the end times is pretty much the only thing we both like doing together.

(And I already had a zombie invasion plan. We have maps and a crowbar. We do an annual drill.)

MBTI
    ISTP

(And I already had a zombie invasion plan. We have maps and a crowbar. We do an annual drill.)[/QUOTE]

Good start.

MBTI
    I

I can't remember names well either.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I think this has less to do with type and more to do with how one thinks. Some people think in pictures (which may be a common trait among Se users). For example when you hear a story you can see the vividness of the situation as it occurs. I am definitely good with faces, but in truth I most likely never knew the persons name in the first place. What you allude to can work the opposite for me as well. I have been using the same barber for about 2-3 years going to him monthly. He just learned my name about four months ago.
    Agreed. Visual (know faces) as opposed to auditory (know names) learners for example. I'm definitely more visual.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's strange because I have the opposite problem.
    Most of the time I remember people's names, but sometimes it's hard for me to remember faces. I can recognize people I know when I see them, but sometimes when they're away I can't picture their face in my mind. It's annoying for sure, but it's not usually embarrassing. I'm more of an auditory person than a visual person.
    The way I remember names is I make sure I say the person's name myself (otherwise I pretty much will not remember it.) I think of someone else who has the same (or similar) name, or if it's an unusual name I ask them to spell it.
    And if I do forget I just make it funny because everyone forgets names from time to time.
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm a visual person. As in, I remember faces and other things if I see them. My mind is pretty photographic in that way. I'm even able to remember all the names on this forum because I can see them.

But if you tell me your name, I won't remember. I don't remember a lot of what's spoken to me. I've come to the point where after I learn a persons name, I'll look at a dominant feature they have and try to make a rhyme or little saying so I remember.

Example:

Suzy go to bed, you'll ruin your hair of red.

It doesn't even make sense most of the time, but it helps me remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.