User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I have a tough time remembering names. I do remember faces but the names are a different stories.
    And yes, I have an easier time remembering phone numbers and other strings of numbers.
    But that name thing... eventually, everyone becomes "whatshisface" and "whatsherface." I do, however, try to avoid greeting people with those words.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can never remember names, faces are fine for me however.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    And when they shave, you'll be left scratching your head and saying, "Who are you???"
    Well I would have been saying that anyway so at least its a bit of an improvement!

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I remember information about a person such as their name and whatever little I was told about them. I usually remember their clothes.

Man, ISTPs are amazing. I wish I had Se like that. Straight up, when the end times come I am grabbing an ISTP and doing whatever he says.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Lessee, Mr. Rose, uh, has a big nose. Okay, got that. Perfect way to remember his name. Think of noses.

Sooooo. Next time I see Mr. Nose why do I keep thinking of roses? That's the sort of thing that happens to me. I'll remember the mnemonic device but not be able to apply it correctly. Odd thing my brain. . .
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I remember information about a person such as their name and whatever little I was told about them. I usually remember their clothes.

Man, ISTPs are amazing. I wish I had Se like that. Straight up, when the end times come I am grabbing an ISTP and doing whatever he says.
    You seem to associate the end of the world and ISTPs quite a bit...

MBTI
    ISTP

I tend to be pretty good at recognising faces. As in I recognise Iíve seen them before. Somewhere.

I often recognise faces or voices on TV and can never connect them to the when, where or who. Through chance Iíll find out it was a minor character from a TV show I watched a few times when I was four. Or a show I used to watch frequently only a year or two ago.

I can clearly remember the faces of friendsí friends but will constantly forget names, unless Iíve had some sort of conversation or interaction with them. Even then itís a bit iffy. I was recently told a girlís name in passing on two separate occasions, forgot it and then actually went up and introduced myself. I got her name and a minute later it was gone. Completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I do remember better if I see the name written down.
    Yeah, me too. Or If I picture the spelling. Must be the visual reinforcement.

MBTI
    XXFP

I'm gonna say it flat out: the real reason I don't remember names is because I really don't care.

Now before you get up in arms about me being anti-social, let me explain.

Similar to some other posters, I have a good visual memory. I rarely forget a face. If I have a conversation with a person, I'll usually remember the details of that conversation, and a good deal of detail about facial expressions, posture, and movement.

If I wanted to, later on, remember these details, I wouldn't have to remember that person's name. To me, that conversation was the important details (actual words used mixed with generally visual constructions), and the observed expressions. If I were to talk to that person, I wouldn't be talking to a name, but to the actual person in front of me.

In other words, the name is an arbitrary detail. Unless their name was written on their forehead. They could be named Bob or Jane or R2D2 or "&?" for all I care. It wouldn't really effect my perception of the person. Of course, THEY might care, and names are useful, so I have to make an effort to remember it. But the name remains like a post it note on a much larger framework - easy to fall off and not all that meaningful.

Oh, and I'm new here. Hey.

MBTI
    ISTP

Agreed with Bamboo.

And I also can't remember names...takes me months to learn most of them. Faces are what I remember people by and associate their personality/actions and such with. Names are relatively unimportant.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Agreed with Bamboo.

And I also can't remember names...takes me months to learn most of them. Faces are what I remember people by and associate their personality/actions and such with. Names are relatively unimportant.
    Ha the above is actually an example of my point. You had to use my 'name' to identify me (utility).

But . . .
    You're probably gonna forget it.

No worries - I hardly remember yours and I have it right in front of me. But I do remember a distinct ridge line/mtn range. Avatar = online face. Handy.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Ha ha, if you associate ISTPs with he end of the world, your ISTP must be in to that sort of thing. I trust he has a zombie invasion plan? You should ask him. I bet he does.

And yes, I do.