• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs and decisions

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah SPs do make "snap choices" all the time Miss murder that you said you don't do. We don't really think about it too much... we quickly simplify and decide the best option.

Yeah, I was actually going to go to a dining hall for lunch today, but instead I decided I was too lazy to go out, and so here I am eating Nutrigrain bars and clementines.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
Miss Murder thinks her decisions through.

Talk about premeditated.

When making an important decision, yes. Unlike you guys, who can just decide to do something and have that be the right choice (how do you do that? *is envious*), I have to give it tons of thought in order to make the correct choice. Unless it's something basic, like what to have for breakfast, what to wear for the day... etc.

Unique

When making an important decision, yes. Unlike you guys, who can just decide to do something and have that be the right choice (how do you do that? *is envious*), I have to give it tons of thought in order to make the correct choice. Unless it's something basic, like what to have for breakfast, what to wear for the day... etc.

Decisions are not complicated, people complicate decisions.

phoenity

I would say I'm the same way. Lately I've been thinking maybe I overthink my decisions. I've always been known to change my mind several times before I feel like I've made the "right" decision.

What happens is I take all available data on my options and compare based on the data I have at that time. The problem occurs when I discover new information, I feel like I have to reanalyze everything over again. Since this is all done in my head I usually forget how I came about the initial decisions. I think I'd benefit from writing things out.

Think about it this way - there is no "right" decision when it comes to certain things. I just logically analyze the data and make the "best" decision. It's when I question whether I made the "right" decision because of new information becoming available that I get caught in an endless thinking loop.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I can make fast decisions, other times my mind just goes blank during decision-time and I just go, "uhmmm...errrrr... uhmmm...." Like this past weekend. Go on a last minute three day trip and blow off all the work I have to do, or stay home and do the work. I had so much work to do that the right choice was obvious. It took me forever to decide. I decided on the trip. I didn't really think it through at all, I just sat there with my thumb up my ass for a while, with no thoughts, and then said. "alright, screw it i'll go."

Now that is SP. You look at the consequences, you know what you "should" do, but you cant help but in the end you decide that I can live with those consequences.

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
Now that is SP. You look at the consequences, you know what you "should" do, but you cant help but in the end you decide that I can live with those consequences.

Ha, that's me.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
usually when I make a decision (if it's a costly one) I make a list of pro's and con's of each option and what would benefit me the most at the time...doesn't take me very long though when I get somethin to eat I just hop in my car and go :)