User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    I'm willing to bet if you quizzed him on either Alliance or the Horde plotlines and story development, he would honestly not be able to tell you key points of the story.

hope the information helps!
    a and b sound like me.

There was a point to halo other than KILL? Next your gonna tell me gears of war had a story also and that GTA had a point other than a free roaming town to do whatever you want.

I'm willing to bet if you quizzed him on either Alliance or the Horde plotlines and story development, he would honestly not be able to tell you key points of the story.
    Even if I took the time to understand the storyline, the gameplay would still be monotonous and unchallenging, and that's the biggest point.

Not surprisingly, 100% agreement with Poki

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

LOL

the most distressing part of it for an N type isn't your responses, but realizing that GTA actually doesn't have a plot that is anything more than just running around and shooting

I suppose I would've surmised that the need or drive to create efficiency is evidence of a J, but I haven't done an amazing amount of thought on it.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Is this an incredibly unhealthy example of some kind of ISTP behaviour or is this guy just a dick to his girlfriend? Do ISTPs find themselves being controlling (though I doubt any of you express it in ways as douchey as this!) to their SOs?

(I'm not accusing, I'm just curious!)
    I'd say the controlling aspect isn't healthy ISTP behavior, but the preference is within spec.

ISTP boyfriend of an INFJ friend was kind of the same way. He liked Asian girls that wore skirts, makeup, and dyed their hair. While my friend as Asian, she didn't do any of the other things. However, she was very intelligent and successful, so he gave her a shot anyway.

He did harass her about it, but also never tried to force her to be anything she wasn't. He eventually admitted that 'it fit her personality', and while it was still sometimes an issue last time I talked, it was better.

However, another ISTP friend couldn't care less. He sometimes wishes his wife didn't put as much effort into being 'artificially' pretty, as he likes her the way she is.

Based on what you said about this ENTJ, seems likely she's got someone that she deserves.

MBTI
    STP

LOL

the most distressing part of it for an N type isn't your responses, but realizing that GTA actually doesn't have a plot that is anything more than just running around and shooting

I suppose I would've surmised that the need or drive to create efficiency is evidence of a J, but I haven't done an amazing amount of thought on it.
    GTA has missions, I play it just to see what jumps I can take, how many cops I can get after me, how long I can last in a locked city evading the swat team. Just shooting people is boring. I mean there all just sitting there walking down the street. We like challenges.

We do strive for efficiency on things we dont like doing or are not good at. I try to be efficient to save time, not to try and lessen my work. The more efficient the more time I have to do whatever I want which may be nothing.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

No offense, but who cares if he doesn't like the same things you do? You all have to live with him, not share your inner souls using a similar emotional/thematic vocabulary.

As a total fangirl myself, it *is* easier to speak to someone who communicates in that same manner, but it doesn't necessarily speak to one's value or meaning or essense as a person.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    No offense, but who cares if he doesn't like the same things you do? You all have to live with him, not share your inner souls using a similar emotional/thematic vocabulary.
    (enfp)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Maybe he is an ISTJ! He tested as an ISTP and I always just took his word for it but the test ain't often accurate.
    I have an archetypal ISTP friend who tests out ISTJ. I think it has everything to do with his well-honed decision making abilities - that seems J on the surface, but isn't.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISTP

For serious? That's really lame! I'd never played any of the subsequent Warcraft games until I played WoW, but the history was important. I mean, just to know. That way when I'm doing a quest or I'm in an area I just know. You know? Your ISTP is lame. You can tell him I said so.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'd say the controlling aspect isn't healthy ISTP behavior, but the preference is within spec.
    It is...? I can't think of a type that is less controlling, as a whole. Except in some reversal of being controlled, because we are also the type that probably hates being controlled the most.