First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    That's us. I have no suggestions on how to get to know us well though..
    Hey there, Miller. Did you know that babies come from cabbages? It's true. Global warming? Not happening. Also, my inferior Ti is really awesome and I use it a lot. I could probably defeat a chess grandmaster if I wanted to. We don't need math. All we need is LOVE. And I'm always right because I *feel* that way.

How am I doing?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Hey there, Miller. Did you know that babies come from cabbages? It's true. Global warming? Not happening. Also, my inferior Ti is really awesome and I use it a lot. I could probably defeat a chess grandmaster if I wanted to. We don't need math. All we need is LOVE. And I'm always right because I *feel* that way.

How am I doing?
    LOL there's no way that wasn't a CC impression.

MBTI
    INTP

Seems like if she moved him into YOUR house, he should be the one trying to ingratiate himself.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Seems like if she moved him into YOUR house, he should be the one trying to ingratiate himself.
    Precisely. Bad manners shouldn't be accommodated.

Example: (in overhearing range) "Hey, [random other roommate]. Remember when Roommate had anthrax poisoning after that radioactive hobo spit on her during those illegal drug trials down in Mexico? I'm so glad she's okay now. ISTP won't have contracted anything unless he kissed her."
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

He probably knows you've never particularly liked him, and if he does, he's likely to distrust your sudden change of heart - at least, that's how I am.

If you want to make him comfortable, I would suggest...being normal. not trying too hard to be best friends, if you want him to feel welcome just invite him to join you in things, or to play video games or something. even if he doesn't want to, he'll probably appreciate the gesture.

It feels like your goal is to avoid conflict in the house, rather than forming a deep connection with this guy. That's probably best, at least to start. If you have things in common, friendship will happen naturally. otherwise, well, most of the istps I've known have a pretty easy time being polite to people we don't particularly like or dislike, as long as we aren't forced into a corner. most people aren't looking to cause trouble, I think.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    My roomate has recently moved her ISTP boyfriend into the house. She's not in great standing in the house and we've never particularly liked her boyfriend but he lives here now and I feel I should make an effort. As an ENFP, though I can be too exuberant and overbearing. I really want to make friends with this ISTP but I'm worried that he thinks I'm flaky and stupid. Everyone in this house is a sci-fi/comic book nerd and he has shown nothing but disdain for our interests and our goals. I have no idea how to show him that we are competent, good natured people. He cuts short every conversation I have with him and frequently criticises me and the other roomates about our life choices.

What is the best way to make my new ISTP roomate comfortable? How do I befriend him without scaring him off with my NF excitement? I've never actually had any S type friends so I really don't know how to relate to him.

ISTPs, how do you make friends? Am I maybe misinterpreting his actions as judgemental or standoffish when he really has other intentions?

If you want to impress an xSTP, just show him you're good at callously ripping people off, being short-sighted and ridiculously impulsive, and being totally unaware of anyone else's emotions.

Walk in the park for an ENFP, right?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Don't say things like that! It's apt to send me into crusader mode involuntarily and then I run away on a mission to cure world hunger and my family finds me, months later shut in my apartment surrounded by lunchboxes!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

How am I doing?
    First of all, babies coming from cabbages is impossible. Conception could not take place inside of a cabbage. And as far as global warming not happening, apparently you don't do much reading. And I'd bet everything I own that the grandmaster would beat you 100 out of 100 times.

Uhhh...just kidding! If even one person thought I was serious, then this post was a great success...

MBTI
    ISTP

How am I doing?
    Making me try to decide whether I should kill myself, or you. Just kidding, but...no. Just act relatively normal, and the ISTP will probably get along with you fine, and open up/get used to you....in time. We're slow moving in the relationship area.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Just find some common ground about things that he does. Not deep stuff, ask what's going on in his life. Don't go on about yourself too much though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)