veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    See, I don't see disharmony as something to get away from but as a challenge. When faced with a disharmonious situation my way of coping is trying to understand why there is disharmony and making sure that I am at least doing my part to be as accommodating as I can where I need to be. I would feel uncomfortable abandoning a situation before I feel like I've done my best to improve it.
    Ladies and gentlemen, the above is a clear demonstration of the difference between NFs and SFPs. I will make an attempt to remedy "disharmony", but my "Screw you guys, I'm leaving" function kicks in MUCH faster.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

See, I don't see disharmony as something to get away from but as a challenge. When faced with a disharmonious situation my way of coping is trying to understand why there is disharmony and making sure that I am at least doing my part to be as accommodating as I can where I need to be. I would feel uncomfortable abandoning a situation before I feel like I've done my best to improve it.

You have already done your part. As they say, "It takes two to tango", or in your case, three. I don't think your roommate and her boyfriend are making the same effort, and you have your other two roommates, who also dislike the couple, which does not help matters. I'm not necessarily saying that you have to run away from it either, there's always ignoring, but it is pointless to live in distress. Life is short.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I have always envied ISFJs and how decisive you are about your emotions. I often find myself sticking with a bad situation just because it's really difficult for me to admit defeat. If I can envision the best possible outcome, having to admit that the situation is not going to turn out as I imagined is SO HARD! It usually turns into self loathing because I feel that the situation being bad is my fault because I didn't try hard enough to improve it.

I don't mean to derail this thread further but I'd love to hear more about how sensing types would deal with a disharmonious living situation. Does any of the above paragraph make sense or is it just me beating myself up with Fi?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, it makes sense and yes you are beating yourself up unnecessarily. It's very sweet that you even want to create harmony between everyone. I appreciate that. The world needs people like you. The world would collapse without people like you. I think you should just be yourself around those two and be proud of who/what you are no matter how they are acting and don't expect too much from them and that way you won't be disappointed. If they get better, then let it be a pleasant surprise.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I have always envied ISFJs and how decisive you are about your emotions. I often find myself sticking with a bad situation just because it's really difficult for me to admit defeat. If I can envision the best possible outcome, having to admit that the situation is not going to turn out as I imagined is SO HARD! It usually turns into self loathing because I feel that the situation being bad is my fault because I didn't try hard enough to improve it.

I don't mean to derail this thread further but I'd love to hear more about how sensing types would deal with a disharmonious living situation. Does any of the above paragraph make sense or is it just me beating myself up with Fi?
    OK, here's a curveball. I am way guilty of two commoon ESTP traits in relationships: (1) Delivering Ultimatums, and (2) Making Decisions Immediately Once My Analysis on the Matter is Complete. There is a twist to #2 though. When you are single and have no children, you are more free to act immediately and move on if you feel the situation is not right for you.

Once you are married and/or have kids, the path you must travel before knowing in your heart that something will/will not work gets longer, if you are truly going to end it and have no regrets. This is especially true if no classic "zero tolerance" events (e.g. physical abuse, emotional abuse, extreme drug abuse/alcoholism, etc.) have occurred. Many relationships fail simply due to incompatibility, and some people have a more difficult time dealing with that than others. Just my .02.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

F***ing hugs!! Lead to hand-holding and babies! No hugging in here!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    F***ing hugs!! Lead to hand-holding and babies! No hugging in here!
    hand-holding

babies

hugging
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    I suppose I would've surmised that the need or drive to create efficiency is evidence of a J, but I haven't done an amazing amount of thought on it.
    ISTPs crave efficiency, and are more than willing to analyze current systems in place for ways to increase efficiency. An SJ will work for the sake of working (God bless them, I envy this a lot), but an SP needs to know that they're getting the maximum impact for the time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Based on what you said about this ENTJ, seems likely she's got someone that she deserves.
    Exactly. Good point. Since your roommate is a two-faced bitch, can you really blame her boyfriend for expecting her to at least shave every once in a while? The makeup isn't exactly unreasonable either. I seriously doubt he loves her sweet spirit (lol!), so their relationship is probably just about sex. The girl therefore should be something he's willing to tap, otherwise, what's the point?
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Funny, I'm an N living in a house full of SPs.

I confuse the hell out of them.
    INFJ
    4w5