• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Opinions on esfp's.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read a lot of interesting stereotypes about ESFP's on here. So here's your chance to just say what you think of us. The good, the bad, and especially the ugly!

Unique

Extremely kind hearted
Easy to talk and get along with
Sometimes prone to hurting themselves (emotionally)
They seem to understand the most that life is short, enjoy it
Really down to earth... those Ns have nothing on you guys when it comes to "deepness"... could just be the ESFP I know but she just knows what important qualities to have, like what really matters in life etc

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
speaking in general, i dont like them. the ones i know just gossip and talk about their stupid boy problems. they seem too outgoing and fake. they get emotional over the silliest things. i cant reason with them, ever so i just sit there thinking how dumb they are. haha
i do have girl friends who are enfp though. theyre okay to go out with.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't that i know any for sure...i don't really know any of my friends types though. i'm sure it's very possible that some of them are...anyway...i like you lots....but that's all i got.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I like ESFP's in general, they are fun, and optimistic people most of the time.

I have a very close ESFP friend who is good at boosting me up if I'm feeling down, much like I do for her.

She can keep up with my random U turns and double back flip conversations, and is totally capable of introducing her own twists to a conversation too. :D

I have had bad experiences with some ESFP's, but isn't that the same with any type? :)

She's a great laugh too, which for a friend is a plus.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I recently made amends with an ESFP girl I knew from years ago. She held absolutely no hard feelings.

She's always had a heart made of gold, as they say.

And the ESFP guy I used to be roommates with was the same way. Very positive outlook on life, and very forgiving and understanding. But living together didn't work out. I had to leave if I wanted alone time. He usually just brushed off problems instead of fixing them, though eventually you could get him to be serious.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know any esfp males but the females? I LOVE THEM!!!! My sister is one and I have had several esfp friends. They are fun and seeing as though we share the S function, we really understand each other and have a good time together.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As expressed INTJ I can't find common ground with them on the long run.
I came across female ESFPs and reasonable communication is impossible. I am not saying that there is something wrong with them it is just they are not my type of people.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Overall, I like em. Don't let the negatives I list here let you think otherwise - it's easy to make a similar list for pretty much any type.

Good:
Fun loving, tenderhearted.
Sociable and caring.
Capable of surprising self-awareness, both of their strengths and their weaknesses.
I love that they will call me out of the blue just to see how I'm doing, if they haven't talked with me for awhile.

Bad (from my experience):
Can be flaky. Some are pretty unapologetic about it.
Can be bad listeners, and conversations with them can be pretty one-sided unless you have some information they want to gleam from you.

Ugly:
INFP/ESFP friendships, typically, are great as long as things are left on the surface level. As soon as things get deep enough to really excite us INFPs, though, the ESFP gets bored or feels pressured.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
From my perspective,

Pro:

1. Exceptionally laid back
2. Dislikes rules
3. Rather skilled at talking to 9/10 kinds of people
4. Won't criticize

Con:

1. Late for everything
2. Fatalistic
3. Don't get all my jokes
4. Like horrible music

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
They are amazingly nice and warm to be around. I've met mostly genuinely goodhearted esfp's. But I've met a few women who's life been wreck and they can be intoxicatingly nice and in a sexy way, my poor Se don't stand a chance. And I've met some esfp's that uses their Te on daily basis (wannabe INTJ's) wich have an extreme attitude I can't stand for more then 5 minutes.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Currently "talking" to an ESFP. I like her :).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that a some ESFPs engage in very stereotyped and forced philosophical speculation often to appear profound, mostly as a means to get others to sleep with them.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I really like SPs. If I could be any other temperament they would be it. I don't know why I never noticed but they seem so unjudgemental and free spirited to me now. Never really paid much attention to them in the past.

ESFPs are awesome, usually. I have never met an ESFP that couldn't make the most boring topic sound interesting. Granted, most ESFPs I've personally met are melodramatic, loud, and selfish.. but you have to take the good with the bad. ESFPs remind me to live my life when I'm too caught up in one thing or another.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Well, ESFP's are friendly and nice. At least they seem to.
But they are also kind of... well, you can't rely on them.

edit: from my personal experience: i have 2 esfp's in my class. if you want to make sure that by the next day everybody will know, you only have to tell them and mention that nobody else should know.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Friendly
outgoing
great networkers
good at getting things started
surprisingly practical
fad-followers
good at reaching out to marginals
like to make themselves the butt of every joke
often feel people don't appreciate their deep & meaningful side
"zany"
not as promiscuous as ppl think (from what I've seen)
type most likely to trust in the kindness of stangers

Lightyear

Good:

Friendly and kind.
Can talk to just about anyone about anything > PEOPLE PEOPLE!
Have often natural charisma.
They are fun and funny.
They are resourceful.
They often have style.

Bad:

Some I know are unreliable
Scatterbrained
I feel like I can't go very deep with them. I enjoy their caring side but my philosophical side is starving.
Can talk your ear off and can be really bad listeners.

D

Dali

Ah, I know what you mean about the stereotypes; some people have a way of mis-typing most of the flaky, unhealthy folks they meet as SPs (and especially as ESPs).

Screw them, I say.

I love ESFPs; I love their zest for life, their attitude towards it and their utter lovableness and I especially love how they go right out and say or do stuff I mean to but I'm a little shy about saying/doing.

Rock on.