• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Help me become a ISFP

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think I need to become an ISFP. Can you guys help me become one? What can an ENFP do to become an ISFP? Daily routine? Random exercises? Books? Religion?

River

flowing quietly by
MBTI Type
INxP
In theory becoming depressed would flip your functions bringing you to ISTJ (shadow type) which is closer and further simultaneously.
I am unsure about the likelihood of success when attempting to go from NeFi -> FiSe however.
Practical advice - work on your Fi and Se.

*i think it may be time to back slowly away from your threads xD

Edit: Darn you quoted me before i could fix my post, wrong ENFP functions.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In theory becoming depressed would flip your functions bringing you to ISTJ (shadow type) which is closer and further simultaneously.
I am unsure about the likelihood of success when attempting to go from FeNi -> FiSe however.
Practical advice - work on your Fi and Se.

*i think it may be time to back slowly away from your threads xD

My Fi is awesome. I need to work on my Se though.

My threads have a simple pattern. It's all about self-improvement :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se is easy.
Just pay attention to things around you

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Se is easy.
Just pay attention to things around you

You know what? That is really hard for a NF. We look so much into things, into the soulful and the meaningful that we are always distracted when it's time to look at ordinary, physical things around us. We notice the unnoticeable and the obvious remains unnoticed. :huh:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Open head.

2. Remove brain.

3. Insert bubble wrap into head.

4. Close head.

maliafee

I have to honest about this. NF "meaning" can be a LITTLE annoying to us if dished out in big doses, no offense whatsoever. Lay off on that for a start. :D It can seem really contrived to an S, I think.

Also, no grudge-holding... you have to get over your anger like that *snaps*.

Umm... what else? Hang out a lot with an ISFP to figure it out. :)

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Also, no grudge-holding... you have to get over your anger like that *snaps*.

Well he is an enfp, so getting over grudges pretty damn quickly should be easy since enfp's rarely hold long term grudges. Even infp's don't, I swear within minutes of letting it out, I am done arguing and ready to forgive forget and move on, most enfp's I know seem to be the same.

maliafee

Wow, I didn't know that. My mistake.

I got that from having a close ENFP friend who will seem to have gotten over some slight months ago, but then she'll bring it up and seem a LITTLE resentful in a moment of contemplation. But that's not too bad, really. :D

INFPs in my experience don't hold grudges but they may change opinions of someone based on something that happened, no?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
INFPs in my experience don't hold grudges but they may change opinions of someone based on something that happened, no?

Doesn't everyone? lol I mean if you found out your best friend was a serial killer who's favourite meal was roasted baby, I'm sure you'd change your opinion too. :alttongue:

maliafee

True. Then again, I have always gotten the feeling from all NFs (most especially NFJs) that anything I ever did wrong went on some kind of list in their brains somewhere and would come back to haunt me some day. Unnerving, and possibly totally untrue. :->

Malia
ISFP

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
True. Then again, I have always gotten the feeling from all NFs (most especially NFJs) that anything I ever did wrong went on some kind of list in their brains somewhere and would come back to haunt me some day. Unnerving, and possibly totally untrue. :->

Malia
ISFP

Well maybe not totally untrue ;) , I don't hold grudges, but I don't forget, it is buried somewhere in the back of my head, even if I don't even remember that I remember, if said person repeats the same mistake with me over and over, it will come out at a later date.

Like "you did this same thing 5 years ago, you said you were sorry, but yet you're repeating the same behaviour now, which means you were never really sorry" (genuine change is very important to me, since transformation is what I am all about)

But I don't call that holding a grudge.

Sorry for the minor thread derail into my land. :cheese:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I hold grudges without meaning to. And I agree with maliafee about the enfp bringing random crap up out of nowhere. "but 10 months ago when we went here and did this you said "xx" so therefore I can't trust you when you want to do "yyy" "

I don't think everyone keeps lists of wrongs like infp do.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
A few ways to work on your Se:
Eat something that you like, very slowly. Be aware of the taste, the smell, the texture, the heat of the food.
Touch a tree trunk and note the texture. Then touch a different tree truck and note that the texture is not the same as the first tree trunk.
Take a walk in the park and observe the things that you usually miss.
Watch the sun set and take note of the variety of colors in the sky.
Watch little kids interacting with their environment.
Would anyone like to add to this list???
alice
ISFP

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Seriously? Try some finger painting. Feel the paint in your hands and the texture of the paper. Turn off the switch in your head and just let your hands do what they wish to do. See the bright colors and enjoy!