User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm glad I read this. I allowed myself to get confused. I allowed myself to think that I was too sensitive. I wasn't. And my skin has grown very think because of me choosing to stay on this forum. Too thick. Too thick indeed.

One of my gifts is sensitivity to others and I almost lost it.

I think in some cases I've even become part of the problem here on this forum.

Sarah's absolutely amazing and she's right about everything she said. Power to her if she wants to leave.

Sad really.

:steam::steam::steam::steam:

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Sad really.

:steam::steam::steam::steam:
    You could still PM her. I just did.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Oh, jesus, why are everyone being such emo-kids? Get a hold of yourself.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    We're not being emo. We're being honest. And if you don't like it you don't have to read it.

EDIT: And it's not like we don't have a hold of ourselves. I have a very good hold of myself right now at this moment. What Sarah says makes a lot of sense and I'm surprised you don't see that.

DOUBLE EDIT: To go further, if you think I was just being swayed by my emotions and getting all uncecessarily gushy you're wrong. Sarah's amazing. Fact. I felt like saying it. I did. Sarah's right. I felt like saying it. I wasn't being swayed. She helped me realize a truth I had been burying.

That's what happened. It probably wasn't a semi-big thing for other people. It happened to be for me.

That's just what happened. That's just what is.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    lol I just really like her posts they are really well thought out and gave me some insight into my own type.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    lol I just really liked her posts they are really well thought out and gave me some insight into my own type.
    Yeah her posts ARE really good.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I logged in in order to respond to a couple of PMs I received, and saw that there were 5 pages of responses to my thread, many very thoughtful. Thank you all for the kind words -- I think I owe the people who made them a gracious response…

This actually isn’t just the aftermath of an angry outburst. I should probably explain that I’ve been discussing type on online discussion forums for about 5 years now, mostly on another list, and that this feeling of “enough is enough” is a cumulative effect of feeling tired of seeing the same old issues cropping up over and over. Five years is a long time.
    And this tells it all. I was going to respond to your thread Sarah, however in scanning your initial post I thought about myself in that discussing type on the forums for me has served no real purpose. I have learned all I can about this topic, but I am hopeful that you continue to pop in at the forum where we first met to provide insights from time-to-time. With that said, you take care of yourself and I will see you around.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    We're not being emo. We're being honest. And if you don't like it you don't have to read it.

EDIT: And it's not like we don't have a hold of ourselves. I have a very good hold of myself right now at this moment. What Sarah says makes a lot of sense and I'm surprised you don't see that.

DOUBLE EDIT: To go further, if you think I was just being swayed by my emotions and getting all uncecessarily gushy you're wrong. Sarah's amazing. Fact. I felt like saying it. I did. Sarah's right. I felt like saying it. I wasn't being swayed. She helped me realize a truth I had been burying.

That's what happened. It probably wasn't a semi-big thing for other people. It happened to be for me.

That's just what happened. That's just what is.
    Maybe I misunderstood you. Maybe you meant don't be emo about her leaving cuz we can still talk to her anyway.

The thing is I've been thinking along the same lines. We have all these smart people here interested in type and most of the threads on type are filled with superficial indicators of type.

It would be cool if we could put our heads together...