User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: uses of type, and why I'm leaving

173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *nibbles on Toonia with some peach jam*
    I find that eloquence tastes better with apple butter, myself

But in all seriousness, I agree with everything that you (and Toonia) said. Thoughtless type-bashing makes me angry, too, especially since so much of it is aimed at SJs. I actually made an account on this site as a way to fight the same battle that you were fighting (though not so eloquently as you), until I realized that it's a hopeless battle. No matter how logical you were, and no matter how true your point, people just ignored it. Same with me. That's why I try to ignore SJ-bashing now (not that it always works).

I feel like you may have overreacted by simply quitting posting altogether (why not post in the areas of the site that don't involve type-bashing?), but I completely understand, and respect, your decision. Even if you feel like you haven't made a difference here, you have. Thanks for being here.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Please stay. Your inputs are valuable.

You probably wont change sterotypes on a forum that is always changing members.

Still, its important to for people to be informed. You do this better than most.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, no, please don't. We can't afford to lose any more SP members!

If you go, people will just keep believing the stereotypes unhindered. If they see how you actually are by your presence on the forum, that alone will make them question the stereotypes. Without actual SPs, people will be totally free to wallow in their distorted perceptions unchecked. Surely that isn't what you want to happen?

I dunno, and to be honest, it's not my calling to teach people on an internet forum. Just not my thing.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    I dunno, and to be honest, it's not my calling to teach people on an internet forum. Just not my thing.
    I wasn't asking you to teach people anything, I was asking you not to leave.

Damn that sucks, I really enjoyed your presence here sarah. Godspeed to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I wasn't asking you to teach people anything, I was asking you not to leave.
    Thanks, Athenian.
    I wasn't implying that you asked me to teach people, those were just my own thoughts on this whole dilly.

9w8 so/sx

If being in this environment upsets or frustrates you because of the attitudes of others than as much as I'm sorry to see you go it's prolly for the best, places like this shouldn't be a cause of stress. I've enjoyed your presence Sarah, best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I like to take the time to apologize for any unfair generalization I have done since I've joined this forum. I forget sometimes there are people behind those letters here, who's individual differences may not reflect my personal experience.
    I forget sometimes too. So I second Pheonix's apology for any misconceptions created about certain types. ISTJs have been awesome in our ENFP thread by the way. Provide much playful amusement.

I want to say also, that though I didn't post in a huge amount of threads that Sarah did, she was one of my favourite members on here. So true to things and honest. And though she doesn't really like type generalisations, I adore her type because of it. Made a mere ENFP feel like a fraud.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Default Good Luck

Departure usually "arrives" when you got what you came for.

(I hope this is the case rather than not contemplating what you came for.)
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Senor Membrane Array

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    (why not post in the areas of the site that don't involve type-bashing?)
    Or, you could just have a signature that says something like "I don't comment on anything that I see as type bashing" with really big letters. Then you could just ignore them with no need to explain.

But, yeah, I am not happy to see anyone leave, but as someone said, it's better to leave than stress about this. I hope to see you come back with lots of SP friends We really need to balance the scales.

And, about the type bashing. I think it serves a purpose in a way. When the people are hurt IRL by certain people, they come here, complain and their frustration lessens. More importantly, if they really have been in a situation that involves type conflict they might come to understand the type they had clashed with. Of course, usually it isn't easy to say if something is type related or not, but at least here we have a frame and vocabulary for this kind of discussion. Something that you can't find in many places. I mean, on other forums you try to say that you clash with ENFPs and you need to say something like "I really have hard time relating to sociable, value driven, laid back people"

EDIT: Oh, and if anyone feels like I have bashed their type, it is usually just humor, because I find some of these stereotypes hilarious. If it wasn't humor, I'm sorry and I hope next time it happens someone explains to me that the people are not their type.

(This will make a nice quote to throw at me when I am bashing your type)