First 123412 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, what Pink said. She's better than me at the saying stuff. Fluh.
    When Jeffster arrived, he was grossly outnumbered on the S/N front, but he became popular right away because he has a winning personality and a good sense of humor. His bonhomie won people over. I see Jeffster as being a part of the board community, not standing apart. I'm glad he stuck around - we need more Ss to balance the scale.

It's not about ganging up on people, it's about understanding each other, and if an S has found their way to the board, then certainly the odds are good that they want to improve their understanding of themselves and those not like them, so why should someone pick fights or act like a jerk? I don't understand that mindset, yet it happens.

AHAHA, Jeff, I accidentally found "fluh" at the Urban Dictionary! LOL!!

Fluh:

1. a word to be used when all other words require too much effort.

2. A word used when someone dies.

3. A loud atheist sneeze. (hahah!)
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know about the rest of Jeffster but he's got nice legs.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I never called Sarah "oversensitive" but I did say I think she was reading sinister agendas into things that weren't necessarily there.
    Hmm... her Ni was obviously working overtime, but I do think there was something to what she was saying, even if she did end up exaggerating the issue in her mind. With all the moral rectitude, frustration with incompetence and misuse, and concern about long-term implications, she barely seemed like an SP at all these last few days. It's depressing, because I kind of thought SPs were above this kind of behavior, freer than the rest of us. Now I see... their fun gets ruined by their worries, fears, and values too, sometimes. If even an SP can't escape them, I know I never will.

I'm surprised that I'm even still posting here, but what keeps happening is every time I think I'm sick of it, something pulls me back in.
    That's exactly how it is. You took the words right out of my mouth.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    This probably isn't the best place for this, but I feel like I ought to at least explain myself, since I've been asked to...

It's not just that it's a new year, and at this time I always feel the need to make some changes that I think will help me accomplish my goals and give me time to do things I really want to do. Although that may be part of it. I'm simply not enamored of the way many people use psychological type, and am no longer interested in logging in every day to read complaints and generalizations which have no substance behind them, and I've noticed that responding to these posts mostly only gets me damned as being politically correct or oversensitive. It's a shame that being fair, honest and sensitive to how type is used is thought by many to be a detriment rather than an asset.

I believe it's true that you catch more flies with honey, and maybe I haven't been diplomatic enough in this forum. I admit I do have a quick temper, (although it dissipates pretty fast) and I also admit that I have a hard time suffering fools gladly. I think in this instance, the people I don't care to have anything more to do with are those who have chosen to use pscyhological type as a weapon to bash "types" of people who have hurt them in the past (and they're quick to label whole types as being a problem, never just individuals), or people who would rather complain about their relationships or communication problems than actually take steps to make things better.

I passionately believe that the only positive way of using type is to see it as a tool that informs you as to the best way to ask the right kinds of questions, and also frame people's responses in a positive way. It also seems obvious that most of what's labeled as type-related really isn't. Your ex-boyfriends' messy habits, your bosses lack of thoughtfulness, your best friends' flightiness, your mother's bossiness, etc., is probably related more to what they grew up with and what's going on in their individual lives, not their "type code". I suspect most of what people like to believe is type-related is actually just the result of individuals we know having lived at a certain time, in a certain place, under certain circumstances, and that if type had anything to do with the expression of these behavior traits, it influenced the motives behind the expression of them, not the behavior itself. Yes, I believe there are observable patterns of behavior and that this is to some degree related to type (as Keirsey would say), but patterns that relate to temperament are not the same thing as patterns of contextual behavior. It seems to me that the more you actually learn and understand about type, the less you see it as being about labeling contextual behavior, and the more you begin to understand what's meant by the core needs and values that drive people, and the better you can understand that each set of needs and values are valuable, good, and worth including people of each type in your life as much as possible, because diversity is good.

I'm done reading forum posts for the reasons I mentioned, but I wanted to say I've really enjoyed some of the conversations I've had here, and that I really would rather just privately use type in a way that I feel is positive rather than log in every day to see the same old gripes related to contextual behavior being linked to type codes. Anyone who feels like talking with me about type is welcome to send me a PM (I'll get email notification of it) and I will gladly respond, as I've enjoyed meeting a number of people here.

(I will not, however, be responding to anyone who just wants to start a fight or diss me for being politically correct.)
    Quite right.

The match of the measure is not the measure of the match.
    The original does not system.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Quite right.

The match of the measure is not the measure of the match.
    The original does not system.
    You made me have a sudden urge to watch this

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDSLaDZHLo"]Architect's speech[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Apparently, ENFJs are hideous, awful, back-stabbing, psyche-twisting, baby-eating freak shows that LIVE to devour human beings by the carload.
    Um... I'll go momentarily off topic (one of my better skills) and ask why this discussion of the ENFJ care and feeding isn't in the diet and nutrition section.. (My evil twin asks if you would like a cup of tea to go with those human beings that you are devouring by the carload!!!)

OK, back on topic... I'll miss you here, Sarah. I hope that you come back when you're ready!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sarah, I found your post well thought out and insightful. I hope you come back at some point. I agree that the type generalizations are basically nonsense. It is unfortunate that people like you, Pink, and others have faced the negativity as you have. I have always enjoyed your posts. People really do try to make the world simpler through prejudicial thinking. I doubt that will change completely, but it does help to have some people around willing to challenge ideas that result from intellectual laziness and a lack of critical thought as is seen in prejudicial typism. I think it might be worse for the people who embrace that approach because it results in more disappointment and pessimism. When faced with the negativity, it can help to realize there are also insightful posts and interesting people to know here, including some of the negative people. I suppose most people have some types of prejudice, so in a way seeing it expressed from others can help us examine our own flawed thinking.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like to take the time to apologize for any unfair generalization I have done since I've joined this forum. I forget sometimes there are people behind those letters here, who's individual differences may not reflect my personal experience.
    If it's any help to anybody else, I don't exactly feel welcome here either. Dismissed is the word that comes to mind, which is a shame, because I actually kinda like it here. Maybe it's that no-one has time to warm to me, but I also detect a certain basis to my type as well.
    Above all, Yes, I think typology gets misused here in certain circumstances. In some respects this confirms what I've been thinking about this place, but yeah, every time I want to call it quits I get sucked in, even I'm not participating in a theard. There is some good discussion here as well, and I enjoy reading it.
    I'm sorry to see you go, even though I didn't know you that well. I feel bad because yes, I'm guilty as charged, but I'm willing to accept that I was in the wrong.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Um... I'll go momentarily off topic (one of my better skills) and ask why this discussion of the ENFJ care and feeding isn't in the diet and nutrition section.. (My evil twin asks if you would like a cup of tea to go with those human beings that you are devouring by the carload!!!)
    Why thank you! Tea is a superb digestive! *urp*
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Sarah, I found your post well thought out and insightful. I hope you come back at some point. I agree that the type generalizations are basically nonsense. It is unfortunate that people like you, Pink, and others have faced the negativity as you have. I have always enjoyed your posts. People really do try to make the world simpler through prejudicial thinking. I doubt that will change completely, but it does help to have some people around willing to challenge ideas that result from intellectual laziness and a lack of critical thought as is seen in prejudicial typism. I think it might be worse for the people who embrace that approach because it results in more disappointment and pessimism. When faced with the negativity, it can help to realize there are also insightful posts and interesting people to know here, including some of the negative people. I suppose most people have some types of prejudice, so in a way seeing it expressed from others can help us examine our own flawed thinking.
    *nibbles on Toonia with some peach jam*
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code