User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default What is love to an SP?

This sort of carries over from one of my responses in another thread, but something that puzzles me about SP's is their perception of love. At times it just seems so spontaneous and off-the-cuff that I wonder about the legitimacy of it. It almost seems like SP's feel love first, and then somehow fill in the gaps later? As a person where love is almost a completely foreign concept I was hoping to get some sort of insight?
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Seems that it's more affection for the traits in someone (or someones) which affect the SP, than some kind of ethereal connection.

^That's all you get, so think about it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Seems that it's more affection for the traits in someone (or someones) which affect the SP, than some kind of ethereal connection.

I get what you're saying, I was sort of thinking along those lines myself I guess I just sometimes naively think that could be more to it? But who knows...

I've gotta meet some NF's!!
    Good Dog Nigel

Our little hairy friend,
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    This sort of carries over from one of my responses in another thread, but something that puzzles me about SP's is their perception of love. At times it just seems so spontaneous and off-the-cuff that I wonder about the legitimacy of it. It almost seems like SP's feel love first, and then somehow fill in the gaps later? As a person where love is almost a completely foreign concept I was hoping to get some sort of insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post

Love to me is having fun together. Shared experiences.

It's not some kind of ethereal connection. But sometimes there's an ethanol connection.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

hmm.. i'm not sure what you're asking.. do you have an example?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

It's not some kind of ethereal connection. But sometimes there's an ethanol connection.
    yea, that.

Love is a verb.

MBTI
    IsTP

Feeding me, fucking me, and STFU
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

ethanol connection eh? This maybe something I need to explore further....

hmm.. i'm not sure what you're asking.. do you have an example?
    I guess specifically I've just sort of noticed that some of my SP friends fall in and out of love so quickly! One week they'll be fawning over someone, and the next it'll be someone entirely new. As an NT, I find this difficult to comprehend as for me love is something developed over a period of time, I need to feel like I can intimately understand where the other person is coming from, and this tends to take a little bit of time to develop. So I guess the real question I'm asking is how is love seen from an SP's perspective? Is it just an immediate fascination, or is there more depth to it? And how does it develop?
    Good Dog Nigel

Our little hairy friend,
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    I guess specifically I've just sort of noticed that some of my SP friends fall in and out of love so quickly! One week they'll be fawning over someone, and the next it'll be someone entirely new.

Honestly, in my past I told girls I loved them, not really knowing what the hell that really means. Becoming a father gave me a new perspective on what love means. The kind of unconditional love I strive to show to my son is a commitment, not just a feeling or infatuation. I will do my best to support him no matter whether I like what he is doing or saying or not. I hope I get the opportunity to show that kind of love to a wife too, I did a really lousy job the first time, because I didn't understand what I really needed to do.

But if not, then meh. I've got a good life anyway. That's the great thing/problem with SPs. We're liable to roll with whatever is happening and as you say "fawn over" many different people and be kinda fleeting. It's like, variety is the spice of life, man. I mean, today I might like redheads the best, but tomorrow it might be blondes and then brunettes. And then Latinas. You know, there's so much beauty and greatness of women out there, it's tough to see myself committing to one person. Though I have before. And I mostly sucked at it. So better luck next time to me.

Ner.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel