• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP interests.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

*Playing video games
*Looking up information online
*Writing fiction
*Drawing
*Computer Programming
*Studying Philosophy
*Learning Mathematics
*Reading fiction
*Reading comics
*Reading the newspaper
*Watching television

Unique

I like to get out and have a good time with lots of people, I like music and dancing. I also really like the internet and watching movies!

*Playing video games very much enjoy
*Looking up information online I do this all the time!
*Writing fiction I like writing, but don't do it too much
*Drawing I can't draw... no art skill
*Computer Programming To a certain point but I can get bored
*Studying Philosophy Not so much
*Learning Mathematics negative
*Reading fiction yeah sometimes
*Reading comics not usually, funny comics online maybe
*Reading the newspaper more of a computer person
*Watching television yeah every so often, I mostly watch movies on it

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
I like being active. Even if my propensity towards inactivity (at times) has fooled everyone. I like sports. Both team sports and individual sports hold an appeal, but while I can be highly competitive, I’m out there for the experience at the end, not to win (although winning is good :D). And by experience I refer to both the thrill of playing, and the camaraderie with the people around me. I like going out with friends

Playing video games
I enjoy this. I like a variety of games and game types.

Looking up information online
I do this a lot. Quick, easy, with a huge range of information.

Writing fiction
I like this. Usually I just muck around with this, but when someone lays down a basic structure for me (yes, I need other people to do this, I’m completely useless on my own) I actually finish stuff.

Drawing
I haven’t so much lately, but I sometimes used to just sit down and draw something. I guess they were more S than N in nature. I also sketch a lot. I tend to fiddle so if there’s a pen in my hand, I’ll probably end up doing something with it.

Computer Programming
Ugh. Not really. I have mucked around with some basic stuff, but it’s too fiddly for me. Too much (annoying) detail, and not enough tangible results (or results that please me).

Studying Philosophy
I often find philosophical debates interesting, but I don’t think I could study it.

Learning Mathematics
Well, I’m still learning mathematics. There are some branches I could care less for (if you want to study it, that’s fine, just PLEASE don’t make me do it), but I enjoy the logic of it. I like solving problems and puzzles, and I have enjoyed (certain parts of) maths before.

Reading fiction
Love. It. I prefer the fantastical over the ordinary (i.e. Fantasy, science fiction, historical based fiction, etc. over modern stories of everyday people, crime, etc.)

Reading comics
No. (As in comic book comics, right? Comic strips are fine.)

Reading the newspaper
I scan the newspaper. I usually don’t end up reading a lot. I find most of it to be uninteresting.

Watching television
I don’t watch a lot of television. Every now and then I’ll watch it if I don’t feel like doing anything else, or if there’s actually show that I’m interested in.

anainani

MBTI Type
isfp
I like active pursuits, like dancing, martial arts, some individual sports, skiing.
I also like to read, paint, draw. I love good movies. I don't think I could live without music.
I love art, and going to all kinds of exhibitions, museums, theatres.
Dunno, just the usual stuff I guess. I change my interests often, because I haven't really found anything I'm majorly passionate about. Well, I get really passionate about something for while, and then go on to the next thing. I don't know why nothing has lasted for too long. Well, except drawing and some sports. I've done both of those my whole life.
*Playing video games- I just played for a very little while when I was a kiddo. Super Mario and Donkey Kong, :D or something like that.
*Looking up information online- Quite often.
*Writing fiction- I don't write fiction. I write some stuff that's related to my own life. Sometimes I make it a little more peachy and unreal, but it's still based on my experiences.
*Drawing- Yea, esp. drawing people.
*Computer Programming- What is this computers programmeruring? Na, computers don't interest me much.
*Studying Philosophy- Yes, I do. I like to study all kinds of different philosophies and teachings, both Western and Eastern. But when it becomes insanely complex, I tune out. I also don't like to philosophize much for the sake of philosophizing, but like I said, I enjoy learning different philosophies, and thinking about how they relate to my own worldview.
*Learning Mathematics- Not anymore, not in my free time. I did like Math in school, one of my favourite subjects.
*Reading fiction- Yes, I love it. Not a fan of hard-core fantasy fiction though.
*Reading comics- Nope.
*Reading the newspaper- I read news online. No newspapers.
*Watching television- There are some particular shows I like to watch. I love Monk and Hercule Poirot's DVD series. Man vs. Wild was cool too. Oh, and the Simpsons. But overall, I don't watch a whole lot of TV.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Things I love to do:

Physical activity, especially that which requires a lot of exertion and/or endurance, it's a challenge for me. I ski extremely hard (I've shattered skis, boots, and bindings before) and for long periods of time, I do pretty strenuous hikes (Did 13 miles in the Presidentials which had a 4700ft elevation gain and then a 2500ft elevation drop, in one day), Long-distance biking and swimming as well. Oh, and I play racquetball, which doesn't really qualify, but is fun.

Weapons/Explosives-Fun to play with, carefully.

Build/fix things-Doesn't matter what. Computers, cars, buildings, whatever.

Relax.-Nice to do as well. Although, I consider most of the physical activity stuff, relaxing, if exhausting at the same time.

*Playing video games-Very inclined to them, I play pretty often. Typically shooters, (especially real-time) strategy, simulation and racing games
*Looking up information online-Very inclined to them. I've been known to spend hours on wikipedia and other places for no reason except to read about stuff
*Writing fiction-NOT inclined at all. I am not a writer.
*Drawing-NOT inclined to it at all, I'm not an artist either, at least not with regards to drawing.
*Computer Programming-Very inclined, it is a part of my job, which I happen to enjoy, and it also comes very easily to me.
*Studying Philosophy-Somewhat not inclined. A few things interest me, but for the most part, "Who cares about this crap?".
*Learning Mathematics-Neither. If it has a useful application, I don't have a problem with learning it, but I don't go out of my way to do or learn math.
*Reading fiction-Somewhat inclined. I really enjoy reading some science fiction and realistic war/political stuff (like tom clancy books), but that's about it for fiction with me.
*Reading comics-Depends on your definition of "comics". I love newspaper comics, and actually have a shelf filled with books of them. (Like Dilbert, Calvin and Hobbes, and the like.), but comics like "Superman" or whatever, not at all.
*Reading the newspaper-Very inclined, I read two local papers cover to cover every morning, and usually a good portion of the wall street journal.
*Watching television-Neither, I have TiVo. I watch what I like, and make time to do so, but I generally don't just sit down and go watch TV because I'm bored. Maybe an hour a day, max....

wolfy

awsm

*Playing video games
Not much. I sometimes play racing or first person shooters.
Love it! Could spend all day doing it.
*Writing fiction
I make up crazy short stories for my kids.
*Drawing
I have an interest in design.
*Computer Programming
Not really.
*Studying Philosophy
I've read a lot of books on Asian Philosophy.
*Learning Mathematics
I'm really interested in problem solving and problem-solving techniques
*Reading fiction
Not so much. Mostly non fiction
*Reading comics
Some manga but not much. And it's mostly to learn Japanese.
*Reading the newspaper
No
*Watching television
I watch a fair bit of Discovery but that's about it.

My main interests are weight training, psychology and design.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

Anything? Oooookay. You asked for it!:

playing with my hair, picking my nose, watching football, watching Doctor Who, playing with my son, listening to music, driving, going to the movies, going out to eat, going to theme parks, going to baseball games, watching The Simpsons, chatting online, dinking around on the net, cheerleaders, drinking water, cleaning off the water I just spilled on my keyboard, devising new radio formats, making compilation CDs, going bowling, playing football with sorority girls in the park across the street, talking to people, working on projects like my "Artisan temperament" thread and my episode-by episode reviews of The Simpsons and Doctor Who, listening to countdown show CDs and writing the charts down, transferring my scribbled chart notes into full sized spiffy notebook version charts, going swimming, going for a walk listening to music or an audiobook, eating, discovering new food combinations or varieties in the process of eating, watching animals, watching people, sneezing, reading about all those same interests like websites and forums, taking personality tests, making out, looking at pictures, making video picture albums with various music, reading stuff i wrote a long time ago and reminiscing, reading stuff people wrote to me, making up random goofy songs, saying words I like, listening to Adventures in Odyssey, playing board games, playing card games, playing online games, playing with my hair some more, digging in my ears, typing, okay now I'm just doing play-by-play...I'll stop now. ;)

*Playing video games

somewhat. mostly with my son, games like Bomberman. Although I do play Joe Montana Sports Talk Football by myself. One of these years I'll finish my season.

Very inclined. On work days, I spend most of the time I'm home doing this, when I'm not making dinner or doing something with my son.

*Writing fiction

I think up ideas for tv shows and movies in my head all the time,. but I don't write them down very often.

I doodle on sticky notes and notepads at work, that's about it.

*Computer Programming

If I knew how to make new rooms and monsters for Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, I would totally do it.

*Studying Philosophy

Not unless you count asking people I work with about their individual philosophy. Wait, is the typology stuff philisophy? If so, I have studied that a lot this year.

*Learning Mathematics

:steam:

(not at all)

*Reading fiction

not much

*Reading comics

a little. If I had more Betty and Veronica I would probly do it more often. Reading comics I mean.

*Reading the newspaper

Only if I'm somewhere where there's nothing else to do. Then I'll read the already outdated sports section.

*Watching television

I watch dvds of old tv shows, and some live sports. Very little other tv.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) Soccer volleyball kung fu squash
2) Hiking wandering exploring photographing etc
3) Drawing painting sculpting carving etc (though I don't have the opportunity to do the last ones very often)
4) reading - fiction: fantasy, scifi, regular fiction, medical drama books I like
5) reading - nonfiction: science, psychology, some how-to
6) I play magic cards casually with friends :nerd:
7) computer games - 90% turn-based strategy type games, some real-time strategy
8) cooking/baking - don't spend enough time on it for it to really be a hobby, but I like trying new things.

*Playing video games - video console, not really interested. I hate fps.
*Looking up information online - depends what it is, obviously. I look up a lot of stuff....
*Writing fiction - zero interest
*Drawing - I do it when I'm in the mood to; the frequency varies
*Computer Programming - used to be interested, took too much effort to learn, not enough payback
*Studying Philosophy - I like the ideas, when they're relevant and applicable to real people. I hate learning "this guy said this, and this guy said that" as though they're some kind of expert on human nature.
*Learning Mathematics - easy but not enjoyable. I would never do it out of school unless I needed it for something.
*Reading fiction - constantly, when I have time
*Reading comics - never, except some of the old school ones (ie calvin and hobbes)
*Reading the newspaper - if I'm bored on the bus or something locally interesting is going on; otherwise I don't go out of my way
*Watching television - I follow house mostly by downloading, and I'll watch discovery for a while, or comedy network with friends. not hat often though.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
*Playing video games - Yes, I have an MMORPG that I like to play.
*Looking up information online - Yes, surfing Wikipedia can be fun.
*Writing fiction - No
*Drawing - Yes, I have a couple sketchpads lying around.
*Computer Programming - Yes, but it must be for a reason, such as the programs I've written for my research.
*Studying Philosophy - No
*Learning Mathematics - I enjoy using mathematics. Learning a technique or notation/style in order to use it fluently is a PITA, but one I can usually cope with. However my attention span seems to be getting shorter as I get older, which dampens both my learning capacity and my ability to sit down and go through a derivation.
*Reading fiction - Sometimes, but I rarely finish a book.
*Reading comics - Best part of the newspaper.
*Reading the newspaper - Sometimes if I'm bored or waiting on something.
*Watching television - Sometimes if I'm bored or procrastinating.

Other interests:
* Exploring. I walked for several miles last night (trespassing most of the way, lol), in the bitter cold, just because I felt like it. I saw some very interesting things... wish I'd had a camera.
* Biking. I enjoy riding my bike, and I like challenging myself to ride someplace faster than the last time, or to push myself harder and harder.
* Teaching. I make my money by teaching, and I am always looking for ways to improve. Sometimes when I'm bored doing some repetitive task, I imagine myself teaching someone to make it more interesting.
* Experimentation. For my research, it's fun to say "what would happen if..." and then be able to answer your own question. Formulating the right questions is kind of difficult, though.
* Whitewater kayaking. I love to go boating. Haven't been in a while, though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

*Playing video games: completely. namely, guitar hero.
*Looking up information online: I do it a lot because I have to, its not like a hobby.
*Writing fiction: good at it, but don't do it.
*Drawing: If i'm very very bored.
*Computer Programming: no. Thats what the boys are for.
*Studying Philosophy: ick!!!! Thats the most terrible activity choice ever made.
*Learning Mathematics: Yea, its alright.
*Reading fiction: No, not enough patience for reading
*Reading comics: no
*Reading the newspaper: no
*Watching television:no

i'm more inclined to do up-and-moving activities like jogging, going shopping, driving somewhere random, going out to lunch with a friend.. My activities generally are oriented to moving around, talking, or eating.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Learning a technique or notation/style in order to use it fluently is a PITA...

2436546503_019cea5ec1.jpg

Mmmmm...PITA..

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp

*Playing video games
Never.

I do that a lot. I'm a librarian. :D

*Writing fiction
Never. I've never cared for writing as a pastime, though I can certainly be articulate.

*Drawing
At least a few times a week. I love to create art.

*Computer Programming
Never. Wouldn't have the slightest idea how to begin.

*Studying Philosophy
Not much. I was required to take two philosophy classes in college, and I did okay at them, but it wasn't my thing.

*Learning Mathematics
I was always rather bad at math. Never appealed to me.

*Reading fiction
I love reading! I grew up with books, and still love reading for pleasure as an adult (again, I'm a librarian)

*Reading comics
Other than appreciating Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes (when it existed as an ongoing comic strip in our local newspaper), comics and graphic novels never appealed to me.

*Reading the newspaper
I read parts of the paper every day -- editorials and major news articles.

*Watching television
Never. I hate TV. I'd rather DO things in my spare time.

In addition to the above, I love to cook!!!! And I love to play around with a variety of artistic media. If I could afford it, I'd buy a loom and do weavings -- I love fiber art! (I'm still on the lookout for something I can afford.) I also love planning and doing art programs with kids, both as a volunteer and in the library. My husband and I are refurbishing our 100 year old house, so I also enjoy making home improvements. And in the summer, I love to be outdoors, gardening (our entire back yard is one huge garden). Oh, and I love to browse antique stores and daydream. :D

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
*Playing video games
Only world of warcraft...and I never really play it. Just to give an idea i'm on level 9 and have had the game for about 2 months lol

I do that all the time!

*Writing fiction
Nope

*Drawing
Only when i'm in a meeting or a training class I doodle because i'm bored

*Computer Programming
Ohhh I love me some SQL Plus!

*Studying Philosophy
Never have

*Learning Mathematics
I've always done well at math

*Reading fiction
ummm i'm not big into reading anymore although with all my traveling i'm reading a few different books now. I love Harry Potter books haha

*Reading comics
Other than appreciating Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes (when it existed as an ongoing comic strip in our local newspaper), comics and graphic novels never appealed to me.

*Reading the newspaper
I read articles that catch my interest never the whole thing though

*Watching television
Really the only shows that I watch are LOST, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, alot of PBS, food network when i'm not at home, MTV true life and other shows, animal planet, the weather channel. I watch ALOT of youtube mainly music videos though.

I love exploring new places, and I love cooking! Since being on the road I really hate eating out.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram

Taking long walks, crocheting, jewelry making, photography, cooking, baking, eating (!), yoga, playing the piano, playing the recorder, singing in choral groups, gardening (when the weather is good), flower arranging...

*Playing video games: no, not really.
*Looking up information online: yes, I like that.
*Writing fiction: sometimes, but, in general, I prefer writing nonfiction
*Drawing: yes, and painting, too.
*Computer Programming: no
*Studying Philosophy: no
*Learning Mathematics: mathematics is interesting but I haven't spent much time studying it.
*Reading fiction: yes.
*Reading comics: yes
*Reading the newspaper: yes (of course!!! I'm a journalist!!! I love to see my byline and my articles and my photographs in print!!!!!!)
*Watching television: yes... but not a whole lot. When I'm crocheting, I like to watch TV. If the programming looks boring, then I turn on a digital tv all music and nothing but music channel. I like show tunes, opera, classical, light classical, and jazz. I would be thrilled with a Celtic channel but, alas, it does not exist. Really, I do like those all music all the time TV channels.
Oh yeah, and, like Jeffster, I am a Doctor Who fan!
Oh and I am also a Trekkie. There. I said it. *Whew* I feel a lot better for having acknowledged my Trekkie hood. I like Next Generation and Deep Space Nine the best!

Last edited:

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
*Playing video games Yeah, I mainly play fighting games, action adventure, and RPGs and I play a shitload
*Looking up information online All the time
*Writing fiction Nope
*Drawing yeSh!
*Computer Programming No, but I used to when I was younger.
*Studying Philosophy Meh.
*Learning Mathematics It's not too bad.
*Reading fiction Every once in a while. I prefer non-fiction.
*Reading comics A little, not as much as I used to though
*Reading the newspaper I prefer the internet
*Watching television There's only a couple of shows I like to watch. I might check the history and discovery channels when I don't feel like doing anything else. My TV is mainly used for movies. :)

Other interests: surfing, astronomy, working out

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Oh and I am also a Trekkie. There. I said it. *Whew* I feel a lot better for having acknowledged my Trekkie hood. I like Next Generation and Deep Space Nine the best!

Me too.

*Playing video games

Yep

Yep

*Writing fiction

Maybe one day

*Drawing

Yep

*Computer Programming

Nah

*Studying Philosophy

Not really

*Learning Mathematics

No way!

*Reading fiction

Yep but I prefer nonfiction

*Reading comics

Nah

*Reading the newspaper

Yep

*Watching television

Not really, occasionally I'll find something of interest.

Also I like fishing, surfing, swimming, snorkelling, travelling, reading, graphic design (I'm not very good), trying to play the guitar, video games, computer games, surfing the web/forums, watching movies/dvds (hate most TV though), listening to music, pondering, writing poems, painting, drawing, watching sports, stargazing and much more!

I would also love to take up photography.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My esfp friend is huuge into music; incredible french horn player, great singer, he can play a variety of instruments- guiatar, drumset..

Other then that, he likes to weight lift, bike, swim, a lot of active stuff. Ironically, he is big into video games, and he is really good at any physical thing he tries. (strong SP trait)

alicia91

Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of. Hanging out with my friends and family, coffee shops, reading fiction, self improvement (learning new skills), health (trying to improve - diet, supplements, etc), working out (mostly aerobics classes, yoga and pilates), beauty (makeup, fashion - when I'm not here I'm assisting with moderating a small, private fashion-makeup board), hockey, investments& money, small dogs, wine, birding, eating out, movies, celebrity gossip, gardening, Walt Disney World and Disney in general.

*Playing video games Not at all - what a waste of time! When I'm ill I might play a little computer TaiPei
*Looking up information online All the time
*Writing fiction Are you kidding? Last time I did that was probably 5th grade
*Drawing I'm not, but I would like to
*Computer Programming Don't know how, might like to
*Studying Philosophy I like to read books about religious history/philosophies, and like some new agey stuff like A New Earth and The Secret - does that count? I had to take a couple of philosophy courses in college and while I did just fine I didn't find them particularly useful
*Learning Mathematics I like the stock market, finance etc. and am trying to learn more about it - so it's the practical application that I'm interested in
*Reading fiction Yes - I'm currently trying to read all of Agatha Christie's books (about 65) in chronological order. Just finished A New Earth and needed some lighter reading!
*Reading comics Not recently but I used to read a lot of Archie as a teen
*Reading the newspaper Yes, especially on the weekends when I have more time, otherwise I usually read on CNN's website
*Watching television A little. I like some reality shows, some sitcoms, some things on A&E, History Channel, Discovery etc.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hah, I'm a total homebody. So basically anything one might do while being a complete homebody is pretty close to my nature. My interests tend to cycle, so I might spend one week glued to books and the next glued to my PS2.

My first love is reading. As of late (the last year and a half) I started amassing them and now have a ridiculous number of unread books I have to get to. I usually read fiction. I like un-high fantasy most, but am open to various types of books when they're written well. I read nonfiction on a particular subject when I get really into it, but I don't make a habit of it.

Since I was introduced to fanfiction years ago, I read a lot of that too. :devil: It's really fun and hilarious, even when it is really bad. Fans are the best type of people. I don't have the time and energy it would take to keep up as much as I would like to, but I'm not too shabby. Fanfiction has taught me to expertly skim. :yes:

Physical activity is not my forte. I tend to be very clumsy at team sports. When I was younger, I did some ice skating. I've started riding my bike some, and want to do more stuff... mostly to get outside and and take advantage of some of those endorphins. Working out in a gym would be way depressing for me.

*Playing video games: I like it (computer games are evil), but don't do it very much. It's more of a group experience I crave, I guess. Mario is awesome. And SSX (snowboarding game). And Tekken Tag. I'm not really into strategy and lack skill in any shooter game. I'm currently nearing the last disc of Final Fantasy VIII.

*Looking up information online: is awesome. I'll get into a topic and try and read all about it. I dream of the day online resources will be even more awesome. Or at least the search capabilities of article databases will be more efficiently utilized by me.

*Writing fiction: I have before, but very little. I usually say my real skill is in editing, but that's a poor excuse, even for me. I really want to though and have resolved to do some this winter break. It seems I like thinking about ideas rather than ... trying to write them down.

*Drawing: I was mildly interested at some point and took one minor watercoloring course. I'm not very good because I haven't done much. I want to get more into photography.

*Computer Programming: In theory sounds cool, and it always pays to be on the cutting edge. In practice, it sounds boring and I will probably never get to it, being rather technologically old-fashioned and all.

*Studying Philosophy: I've aced the two philosophy classes I've taken, but I don't really like the way it's taught. I guess I don't really like it as a "discipline". I'd much rather sit in a circle and discuss ideas with my classmates rather than read a summary of some interpretation of some idea some person coined a term for some time ago. The most valuble philosophical insights I think can be found and understood by every person, whether or not they make up terms and names for their ideas. Coming up with "good" argumentation or rationalization doesn't necessarily make anything more true or more believed by an audience.

*Learning Mathematics: In theory, I hate it. Science is so much cooler. Gels with my observation and is damn useful. Math is just a TOOL. In practice, it can be sort of nice to do something where you don't have to talk to people and there's a correct answer and a way to get to the answer.

*Reading fiction: (Covered above)

*Reading comics: I read some comics (Buffy, Sandman, Watchmen), but never really gelled with them. I do read some manga (love Fruits Basket, Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning).

*Reading the newspaper: It can be kind of hard to get my hands on a physical newspaper these days, so I usually read news online. A problem with this, I find, is that I can miss out on important more local news stories, or more in depth coverage. I sort of feel like I miss out on the commentary part of the newspaper. The science section of the NY Times is really cool. I like some comic strips. I love the Isaac Asimov quiz. Lately I've been doing crossword puzzles too (but mostly online)... but they don't seem to be created very uniquely.

*Watching television: I follow television shows and then participate in discussions about it on the internet (usually Television Without Pity). I don't usually get to say much, living on the West Coast and often getting several episodes behind. I find procedurals (doctor, lawyer, and cop) usually are relentlessly dull and soaps also. On US network television, I'm currently following Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, and Pushing Daisies... while trailing somewhat on other things. For casual watching, I also like quiz shows like Jeopardy.

Thanks to the internet, I can also watch foreign or old TV and movies as well. Lately I've been taking a look at old TVB (Hong Kong) dramas - the best ones have sword fighting! Some of my friends are really into anime (enough to drag me to an anime convention) so I try to dabble in that as well. Korean dramas are also really popular right now (but I find a lot of them overwrought and drawn out), and I enjoyed My Lovely Samsoon and Thank You. Recently I was watching British Austen adaptations with a friend.

Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing?

SPs as a whole run the whole gambit of interests. My own XSFP brother is pretty much constantly on the phone with his friends and into music and about three million physical activities. He does sports in and out of school and has recently gotten into break-dancing.