Thread: SP interests.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Also, how inclined/disinclined are you to the following activities:

*Playing video games: completely. namely, guitar hero.
    *Looking up information online: I do it a lot because I have to, its not like a hobby.
    *Writing fiction: good at it, but don't do it.
    *Drawing: If i'm very very bored.
    *Computer Programming: no. Thats what the boys are for.
    *Studying Philosophy: ick!!!! Thats the most terrible activity choice ever made.
    *Learning Mathematics: Yea, its alright.
    *Reading fiction: No, not enough patience for reading
    *Reading comics: no
    *Reading the newspaper: no
    *Watching television:no

i'm more inclined to do up-and-moving activities like jogging, going shopping, driving somewhere random, going out to lunch with a friend.. My activities generally are oriented to moving around, talking, or eating.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Learning a technique or notation/style in order to use it fluently is a PITA...

Mmmmm...PITA..
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

*Playing video games
    Never.

*Looking up information online
    I do that a lot. I'm a librarian.

*Writing fiction
    Never. I've never cared for writing as a pastime, though I can certainly be articulate.

*Drawing
    At least a few times a week. I love to create art.

*Computer Programming
    Never. Wouldn't have the slightest idea how to begin.

*Studying Philosophy
    Not much. I was required to take two philosophy classes in college, and I did okay at them, but it wasn't my thing.

*Learning Mathematics
    I was always rather bad at math. Never appealed to me.

*Reading fiction
    I love reading! I grew up with books, and still love reading for pleasure as an adult (again, I'm a librarian)

*Reading comics
    Other than appreciating Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes (when it existed as an ongoing comic strip in our local newspaper), comics and graphic novels never appealed to me.

*Reading the newspaper
    I read parts of the paper every day -- editorials and major news articles.

*Watching television
    Never. I hate TV. I'd rather DO things in my spare time.

In addition to the above, I love to cook!!!! And I love to play around with a variety of artistic media. If I could afford it, I'd buy a loom and do weavings -- I love fiber art! (I'm still on the lookout for something I can afford.) I also love planning and doing art programs with kids, both as a volunteer and in the library. My husband and I are refurbishing our 100 year old house, so I also enjoy making home improvements. And in the summer, I love to be outdoors, gardening (our entire back yard is one huge garden). Oh, and I love to browse antique stores and daydream.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

*Playing video games
    Only world of warcraft...and I never really play it. Just to give an idea i'm on level 9 and have had the game for about 2 months lol

I do that all the time!

*Writing fiction
    Nope

*Drawing
    Only when i'm in a meeting or a training class I doodle because i'm bored

*Computer Programming
    Ohhh I love me some SQL Plus!

*Studying Philosophy
    Never have

*Learning Mathematics
    I've always done well at math

*Reading fiction
    ummm i'm not big into reading anymore although with all my traveling i'm reading a few different books now. I love Harry Potter books haha

*Reading comics
    Other than appreciating Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes (when it existed as an ongoing comic strip in our local newspaper), comics and graphic novels never appealed to me.

*Reading the newspaper
    I read articles that catch my interest never the whole thing though

*Watching television
    Really the only shows that I watch are LOST, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, alot of PBS, food network when i'm not at home, MTV true life and other shows, animal planet, the weather channel. I watch ALOT of youtube mainly music videos though.

I love exploring new places, and I love cooking! Since being on the road I really hate eating out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of.

Taking long walks, crocheting, jewelry making, photography, cooking, baking, eating (!), yoga, playing the piano, playing the recorder, singing in choral groups, gardening (when the weather is good), flower arranging...

*Playing video games: no, not really.
    *Looking up information online: yes, I like that.
    *Writing fiction: sometimes, but, in general, I prefer writing nonfiction
    *Drawing: yes, and painting, too.
    *Computer Programming: no
    *Studying Philosophy: no
    *Learning Mathematics: mathematics is interesting but I haven't spent much time studying it.
    *Reading fiction: yes.
    *Reading comics: yes
    *Reading the newspaper: yes (of course!!! I'm a journalist!!! I love to see my byline and my articles and my photographs in print!!!!!!)
    *Watching television: yes... but not a whole lot. When I'm crocheting, I like to watch TV. If the programming looks boring, then I turn on a digital tv all music and nothing but music channel. I like show tunes, opera, classical, light classical, and jazz. I would be thrilled with a Celtic channel but, alas, it does not exist. Really, I do like those all music all the time TV channels.
    Oh yeah, and, like Jeffster, I am a Doctor Who fan!
    Oh and I am also a Trekkie. There. I said it. *Whew* I feel a lot better for having acknowledged my Trekkie hood. I like Next Generation and Deep Space Nine the best!
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 12-14-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: add more information

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

*Playing video games Yeah, I mainly play fighting games, action adventure, and RPGs and I play a shitload
    *Looking up information online All the time
    *Writing fiction Nope
    *Drawing yeSh!
    *Computer Programming No, but I used to when I was younger.
    *Studying Philosophy Meh.
    *Learning Mathematics It's not too bad.
    *Reading fiction Every once in a while. I prefer non-fiction.
    *Reading comics A little, not as much as I used to though
    *Reading the newspaper I prefer the internet
    *Watching television There's only a couple of shows I like to watch. I might check the history and discovery channels when I don't feel like doing anything else. My TV is mainly used for movies.

Other interests: surfing, astronomy, working out
    Under Construction

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Oh and I am also a Trekkie. There. I said it. *Whew* I feel a lot better for having acknowledged my Trekkie hood. I like Next Generation and Deep Space Nine the best!
    Me too.

*Playing video games

Yep

Yep

*Writing fiction

Maybe one day

*Drawing

Yep

*Computer Programming

Nah

*Studying Philosophy

Not really

*Learning Mathematics

No way!

*Reading fiction

Yep but I prefer nonfiction

*Reading comics

Nah

*Reading the newspaper

Yep

*Watching television

Not really, occasionally I'll find something of interest.

Also I like fishing, surfing, swimming, snorkelling, travelling, reading, graphic design (I'm not very good), trying to play the guitar, video games, computer games, surfing the web/forums, watching movies/dvds (hate most TV though), listening to music, pondering, writing poems, painting, drawing, watching sports, stargazing and much more!

I would also love to take up photography.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My esfp friend is huuge into music; incredible french horn player, great singer, he can play a variety of instruments- guiatar, drumset..

Other then that, he likes to weight lift, bike, swim, a lot of active stuff. Ironically, he is big into video games, and he is really good at any physical thing he tries. (strong SP trait)
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing? Name anything that you can think of. Hanging out with my friends and family, coffee shops, reading fiction, self improvement (learning new skills), health (trying to improve - diet, supplements, etc), working out (mostly aerobics classes, yoga and pilates), beauty (makeup, fashion - when I'm not here I'm assisting with moderating a small, private fashion-makeup board), hockey, investments& money, small dogs, wine, birding, eating out, movies, celebrity gossip, gardening, Walt Disney World and Disney in general.

*Playing video games Not at all - what a waste of time! When I'm ill I might play a little computer TaiPei
    *Looking up information online All the time
    *Writing fiction Are you kidding? Last time I did that was probably 5th grade
    *Drawing I'm not, but I would like to
    *Computer Programming Don't know how, might like to
    *Studying Philosophy I like to read books about religious history/philosophies, and like some new agey stuff like A New Earth and The Secret - does that count? I had to take a couple of philosophy courses in college and while I did just fine I didn't find them particularly useful
    *Learning Mathematics I like the stock market, finance etc. and am trying to learn more about it - so it's the practical application that I'm interested in
    *Reading fiction Yes - I'm currently trying to read all of Agatha Christie's books (about 65) in chronological order. Just finished A New Earth and needed some lighter reading!
    *Reading comics Not recently but I used to read a lot of Archie as a teen
    *Reading the newspaper Yes, especially on the weekends when I have more time, otherwise I usually read on CNN's website
    *Watching television A little. I like some reality shows, some sitcoms, some things on A&E, History Channel, Discovery etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Hah, I'm a total homebody. So basically anything one might do while being a complete homebody is pretty close to my nature. My interests tend to cycle, so I might spend one week glued to books and the next glued to my PS2.

My first love is reading. As of late (the last year and a half) I started amassing them and now have a ridiculous number of unread books I have to get to. I usually read fiction. I like un-high fantasy most, but am open to various types of books when they're written well. I read nonfiction on a particular subject when I get really into it, but I don't make a habit of it.

Since I was introduced to fanfiction years ago, I read a lot of that too. It's really fun and hilarious, even when it is really bad. Fans are the best type of people. I don't have the time and energy it would take to keep up as much as I would like to, but I'm not too shabby. Fanfiction has taught me to expertly skim.

Physical activity is not my forte. I tend to be very clumsy at team sports. When I was younger, I did some ice skating. I've started riding my bike some, and want to do more stuff... mostly to get outside and and take advantage of some of those endorphins. Working out in a gym would be way depressing for me.

*Playing video games: I like it (computer games are evil), but don't do it very much. It's more of a group experience I crave, I guess. Mario is awesome. And SSX (snowboarding game). And Tekken Tag. I'm not really into strategy and lack skill in any shooter game. I'm currently nearing the last disc of Final Fantasy VIII.

*Looking up information online: is awesome. I'll get into a topic and try and read all about it. I dream of the day online resources will be even more awesome. Or at least the search capabilities of article databases will be more efficiently utilized by me.

*Writing fiction: I have before, but very little. I usually say my real skill is in editing, but that's a poor excuse, even for me. I really want to though and have resolved to do some this winter break. It seems I like thinking about ideas rather than ... trying to write them down.

*Drawing: I was mildly interested at some point and took one minor watercoloring course. I'm not very good because I haven't done much. I want to get more into photography.

*Computer Programming: In theory sounds cool, and it always pays to be on the cutting edge. In practice, it sounds boring and I will probably never get to it, being rather technologically old-fashioned and all.

*Studying Philosophy: I've aced the two philosophy classes I've taken, but I don't really like the way it's taught. I guess I don't really like it as a "discipline". I'd much rather sit in a circle and discuss ideas with my classmates rather than read a summary of some interpretation of some idea some person coined a term for some time ago. The most valuble philosophical insights I think can be found and understood by every person, whether or not they make up terms and names for their ideas. Coming up with "good" argumentation or rationalization doesn't necessarily make anything more true or more believed by an audience.

*Learning Mathematics: In theory, I hate it. Science is so much cooler. Gels with my observation and is damn useful. Math is just a TOOL. In practice, it can be sort of nice to do something where you don't have to talk to people and there's a correct answer and a way to get to the answer.

*Reading fiction: (Covered above)

*Reading comics: I read some comics (Buffy, Sandman, Watchmen), but never really gelled with them. I do read some manga (love Fruits Basket, Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning).

*Reading the newspaper: It can be kind of hard to get my hands on a physical newspaper these days, so I usually read news online. A problem with this, I find, is that I can miss out on important more local news stories, or more in depth coverage. I sort of feel like I miss out on the commentary part of the newspaper. The science section of the NY Times is really cool. I like some comic strips. I love the Isaac Asimov quiz. Lately I've been doing crossword puzzles too (but mostly online)... but they don't seem to be created very uniquely.

*Watching television: I follow television shows and then participate in discussions about it on the internet (usually Television Without Pity). I don't usually get to say much, living on the West Coast and often getting several episodes behind. I find procedurals (doctor, lawyer, and cop) usually are relentlessly dull and soaps also. On US network television, I'm currently following Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, and Pushing Daisies... while trailing somewhat on other things. For casual watching, I also like quiz shows like Jeopardy.

Thanks to the internet, I can also watch foreign or old TV and movies as well. Lately I've been taking a look at old TVB (Hong Kong) dramas - the best ones have sword fighting! Some of my friends are really into anime (enough to drag me to an anime convention) so I try to dabble in that as well. Korean dramas are also really popular right now (but I find a lot of them overwrought and drawn out), and I enjoyed My Lovely Samsoon and Thank You. Recently I was watching British Austen adaptations with a friend.

Okay... what kind of things are SPs (or at least, you personally if you are one) interested in doing?
    SPs as a whole run the whole gambit of interests. My own XSFP brother is pretty much constantly on the phone with his friends and into music and about three million physical activities. He does sports in and out of school and has recently gotten into break-dancing.