First 456

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    From what I can tell, you're one of the good ones. I think you're well aware that the stereotypical girl is a loud and stupid esfp. :P
    yea, I know them.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    If you knew me in real life you wouldn't question my E and I don't doubt my type as an ESTP in the slightest. If anything I'm closer to an ENTP than an ISTP as I have a fairly high N... for an S but then again most ENTPs I don't get along with! (Past the first interactions.)

Why am I an E you ask? I bounce ideas off others, I'm socially inclined, I'm usually the center of attention (or another E is), I'm interested in others, I work well in groups, I love "salesman" jobs where I get to talk and use my communication skills, I love having company with me, I go out every weekend, I party a lot, I'm very outward in my expressions etc etc the list goes on...
    Thanks Lukepd. That whole second paragraph definitely resembles ENTP and other ”Get Things Going” types that I have read about. I believed that I was ENTP for a while, but when reading the aforementioned interaction style, I knew that I was not. The salesmanship you allude to does fit many ENTPs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    About the only introverted thing I do is spend a lot of time on my computer, but thats where I work and the internet is pretty social imo.

Do I care for being an E just cause its more socially accepted? Hell no its just who I am. Heck I have many introverted friends that are great company! Love them to bits... its just different to how we interact.

I'm not sure what Lenore is trying to get at, you are the one type and that never changes you cant BECOME another type just cause of social expectations. Sure you can act like another type but its not going to be comfortable. I know an INFP in fact thats trying very hard to become more extraverted but she is still using I over E. I doubt she will get over her need for personal space etc

While I know I'm an ESTP I'm curious as to why you are questioning your type. Does ISTP not fit?
    I think you hit the nail on the head in we are what we are. In regards to Lenore Thomson, her comment was geared toward introverted males who may be forced to come out of their shells based on social expectations. Thanks again for your insights.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I was thinking....would you guys (SPs) say that you tend to run away from bad situations, rather than becoming more controlling? The over-control as a way to "handle" bad situations sounds like maybe an SJ thing. It was just a thought.
    For the most part if I dont know the fix I tend to avoid until I can figure out how to fix it. I tried that with my bank account one time and holy crap that was a mistake. My wife I believe is an ENFJ and she tends to micro manage a bad situation. When things arent going as planned she is a control freak.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    it's been a while since i felt depressed but from what i remember, i tend to sleep a lot more and avoid responsibilities
    ^ That = yes for me. I also get really impatient/irritable and rude with people.

I remember once during the most stressful time in my life, I actually got an axe out and hacked up an old couch we had sitting in the back yard. Otherwise though, I'm generally pretty laid-back.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post
    I remember once during the most stressful time in my life, I actually got an axe out and hacked up an old couch we had sitting in the back yard. Otherwise though, I'm generally pretty laid-back.
    I always go target shooting when I'm stressed or angry. Works great for stress relief. When I was younger, it was paintball and .22 pellet guns.....after one of the most stressful times in my life, I remember sitting outside, and shooting a target from 1 in the afternoon until it got too dark for me to see the target. My aim also improves from "pretty good" to "god-like" when I'm really stressed, interestingly enough. Now I have real ones, but I tend to still shoot the pellet gun for stress relief, because discharging a firearm on my property is very illegal since I don't have a big enough distance from the property line...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    discharging a firearm on my property is very illegal since I don't have a big enough distance from the property line...
    ... not to mention startling for the neighbors...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    ... not to mention startling for the neighbors...
    Nah. I have nice neighbors, and they would all probably be fine as long as they got to shoot it on occasion. Actually, our police are nice as well (And they owe me for not reporting them sleeping in the patrol car at the end of my street while "on duty".) However....it still isn't worth risk, considering the jail time/fines if I were to get caught.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%