First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    The statement, "ESFPs dislike people who misinterpret their desire to have fun as a lack of respect for serious issues" is definitely something that is observed on the forums.

Accurately so

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Me, too.
    I do the same thing... I don't really need to be alone so much as other people don't really need to have to put up with me. I am very theatrical when I'm under stress, and I can't hide my feelings at all. Quiet and reserved don't exist in the world of me.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Me too. I feel this need to start walking around for the sake of walking. I get very emotional and need to be alone, lest I do stuff I later regret (usually involving crying and getting overly dramatic. )

Sarah

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by anii
    In my observation:...
    - The ISFPs internalize everything, only they don't complain so nobody knows something is wrong until they become physically ill.
    My brother is a lowkey eSFP and this describes him pretty perfectly. He's very withdrawn in the face of most unpleasant emotions and bottles stress up until it manifests suddenly and psychosomatically. Usually throwing up and/or chills (often claiming "food poisoning" or "flu"), but once enough abdominal pain in the middle of the night to warrant a trip to the ER.

I don't drink so I can't attest to the anecdotal ISTP stress-drinking mentioned. Under stress, on the outside I *do* become more persnickity and sarcastic. Under extreme stress this usually culminates in outbursts over some small perceived wrong (usually an injustice).

On the inside I usually become plagued by doubt and fall into my bad old (OCD) habits and into thought and rethought and stress over imaginary emotional pains instead of action.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    My brother is a lowkey eSFP and this describes him pretty perfectly. He's very withdrawn in the face of most unpleasant emotions and bottles stress up until it manifests suddenly and psychosomatically. Usually throwing up and/or chills (often claiming "food poisoning" or "flu"), but once enough abdominal pain in the middle of the night to warrant a trip to the ER.
    I used to get sick from stress a lot.. Took me a long time to identify the symptoms as anxiety.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I used to get sick from stress a lot.. Took me a long time to identify the symptoms as anxiety.
    Must...stop...staring...at....your.....avatar.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I put my head in the sand and pretend I have no problems.
    Seriously Quin, I've seen pictures and stuff so you're prolly not but I have to ask anyway... Are you my sister

She does that until it affects her health and she has no choice but to deal with things, in the meantime she ignores it and talks to no one or if the topic comes up she downplays it significantly. Although something can be cause for great concern in her mind she doesn't want to bother anyone else and figures in the grand scheme of things it's just not important to others, that and she should be able to deal with things on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    One thing that I have always considered is that when ESTPs isolate themselves from others, can that go on for extended periods causing them to mistype as introverts? Even when healthy and not under stress, ESTPs have some traits that could be considered introverted such as doing to talking, not liking change for it's own sake, being able to tone it down from non-verbal cues, being comfortable working in groups or autonomously. All of these things, in addition to some of the ESTP descriptions just fitting me well, always makes me wonder when it comes to my own type.
    Yes for sure, ESTPs are often accidently looked upon as introverted. Here's a quote from keirsey "Promoters understand well the maxim, "He who travels fastest, travels alone," although they are not likely to be lonely for long, since their boldness and sense of adventure tends to make them highly attractive to many other people."

Back in the early years of high school when I was going through a hard time I could of been seen as an introvert. There is no way the ISTP descriptions would of ever fit me at any time in my life though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

i eat, and i find generalizations as to what stresses me out
    and the problem lingers until i find a way to avoid or forget it, until it returns to me in ways worse than ever before
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Must...stop...staring...at....your.....avatar.
    Same here. You can tell alot by looking at someones eyes when they smile. Her smile just seems so genuine and true. Her eyes lead to her heart and shows a very kind compassionate person.

I am ISTP and avoid alcohol at all costs. I dont like how it makes me feel. My brain slows down and that drives me nuts. From what I heard my dad used to be an angry alocoholic and has scars and skin grafts to prove it. Luckily he quit when I was really young so in my 28 years I have never seen the that side of him. Me and my dad are alot alike personality wise and I dont want to take any chances. When I get stressed I tend to hold it in until I blow up and it all comes out as emotions which is usually sad.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Seriously Quin, I've seen pictures and stuff so you're prolly not but I have to ask anyway... Are you my sister
    Hah ummm *checks* nope, definitely not your sister.

She does that until it affects her health and she has no choice but to deal with things, in the meantime she ignores it and talks to no one or if the topic comes up she downplays it significantly. Although something can be cause for great concern in her mind she doesn't want to bother anyone else and figures in the grand scheme of things it's just not important to others, that and she should be able to deal with things on her own.
    I can absolutely relate to all of that, sure it might not be healthy but it often feels like if I bother anyone else with my problems they (the problems) are going to feel 10 times worse because I'm affecting others and that's the last thing I want.