User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    The reason I try to avoid keeping alcohol around. I'm not good at moderation when stressed, so keeping it away from me works well, as otherwise I'd be like the ISTPs you know. (I've also done other insane things when "stressed-out", like ski non-stop for 13 hours).
    OH GOD I WASN'T EVEN THINKING ABOUT ALCOHOL UNTIL YOU BROUGHT IT UP *jones*

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post

- The 2 ISTPs in my life tend to overindulge in alcohol when stressed to the point where it became an issue of chronic chemical dependency.
    Yea. Same with the 2 ISTP's I know. They're awesome, but when there's alchy, they kind of explode. Not necessarily just with anger.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    The 2 ISTPs in my life tend to overindulge in alcohol when stressed to the point where it became an issue of chronic chemical dependency.
    Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    Yea. Same with the 2 ISTP's I know. They're awesome, but when there's alchy, they kind of explode. Not necessarily just with anger.
    interesting... ive never felt drawn to alcohol as a solution to depression or sadness. it's been a while since i felt depressed but from what i remember, i tend to sleep a lot more and avoid responsibilities

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    I get out the house and clear my head.
    Me too. I feel this need to start walking around for the sake of walking. I get very emotional and need to be alone, lest I do stuff I later regret (usually involving crying and getting overly dramatic. )

Sarah

MBTI
    INFP

When my SP son was young he was given to explosive tantrums. Very low frustration tolerance. A counselor told him when he was angry with us he should go out and walk around the block a couple of times.

During a family argument he suddenly left the house.

I looked out to see him walking down the sidewalk.

And carefully stepping on EVERY crack in the concrete. Hah!

And yes, he came back and reported that he felt much better.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    TiSe

I know that I have posted these somewhere on this forum:
    When ESTPs are under stress, they can lose their sense of humor and become quite sarcastic. Others become disorganized, forget things, and lose their drive and ambition. Some ESTPs isolate themselves from others, feeling as if no one cares about them. They can appear to think only about themselves, or become passive-aggressive, or extremely competitive. Some ESTPs can try to use their intuition and figure out whatís going on, but they often draw the wrong conclusions when stressed. Still others try to overcome stressful feelings by staying in constant motion or action, without considering what it is they are doing.

Things that can cause stress to erupt for ESTPs include having their trustworthiness or abilities challenged. Feeling penned in, with no possibility to act independently or make changes can be stressful for many ESTPs. If people accuse them of not putting in enough effort on a project, some ESTPs can feel misunderstood and resentful. Likewise, when others accuse them of lacking commitment or wanting to play instead of taking care of their responsibilities, ESTPs can feel stressed.
    ESFPs under stress might feel intimidated, become blunt, be hyperactive, too talkative, and disturbing to others. Others become overwhelmed by negative possibilities, while some turn overly sensitive. They might personalize comments by others, or misattribute meanings to events. Still others can become overly emotional, full of guilt, or lose their joy for life.

Stress for ESFPs can be caused by a number of factors, such as being told they can't do something. If they feel they are being fenced in or forced to do something they dislike in a rush, stress can result. If their values are not respected, they can feel stress, even if their values are not known to the rest of the group. Finally, ESFPs dislike people who misinterpret their desire to have fun as a lack of respect for serious issues.
    There are common signs that an ISTP is feeling stress. For example, they might become sarcastic instead of simply critical, they sometimes act in a passive-aggressive manner, they might have explosive outbursts, or have great trouble setting priorities. Others become lost in their own, private inner world, and completely withdraw from interacting with other people. Some ISTPs try to force the facts to fit their logical view of the world, even when they know it's impossible. Finally, some stressed ISTPs will simply become inactive and do nothing.

Some factors that can cause ISTPs to experience stress include people who take issues too personally, when they feel they are being treated unfairly or illogically, or when common sense and logic are ignored and a problem results. This is even harder if the ISTP has been trying to help others to see the correct way to solve the issue. If ISTPs are pressured into making quick decisions without time to reflect on whatís important or logical, they can feel stressed.
    ISFPs complain about being unappreciated, or when they become very self-critical, and even more so when they become critical of others. They might act as if they need to solve the world's problems. They can focus only on the negative, seeing the bleakest outcome in any possible solution. Many ISFPs isolate themselves from others, even family and friends. Confusion can surround them, so they lose their easy-going ways.

ISFPs can feel this stress when they are given inadequate time to discuss important issues before making a decision. Other events that trigger stress include being told they cannot do something, or feeling like they are boxed in, whether by colleagues or by a situation. If others disrespect the ISFP's values, he or she can feel stress. ISFPs can struggle with balancing personal freedom with being connected with others. If the balance shifts too far in either direction, stress can result.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    When ESTPs are under stress, they can lose their sense of humor and become quite sarcastic.
    LOLOL true

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    LOLOL true
    One thing that I have always considered is that when ESTPs isolate themselves from others, can that go on for extended periods causing them to mistype as introverts? Even when healthy and not under stress, ESTPs have some traits that could be considered introverted such as doing to talking, not liking change for it's own sake, being able to tone it down from non-verbal cues, being comfortable working in groups or autonomously. All of these things, in addition to some of the ESTP descriptions just fitting me well, always makes me wonder when it comes to my own type.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(Reads type description posted) Geez. Sometimes I feel like whoever's writing about these ESFP's are following me around and observing my every move and taking notes and then posting it online under the ESFP description. (looks around for video cameras in my room)

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    (Reads type description posted) Geez. Sometimes I feel like whoever's writing about these ESFP's are following me around and observing my every move and taking notes and then posting it online under the ESFP description. (looks around for video cameras in my room)
    The statement, "ESFPs dislike people who misinterpret their desire to have fun as a lack of respect for serious issues" is definitely something that is observed on the forums.