• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFP Similar to ISFJ?

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Are there any similarities between ISFJ's and ISFP's? The only reason i'm asking is becuase i've tested as ISFJ before and I recently took the test again and came up as ISFP. I feel more like an ISFP although I haven't yet found my artsy side and i'd really like to develop that. Along with similarities anyone have differences between the two types as well? Any links would be helpful too!

Thanks!

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Try this site for a good examples of types. Best Fit.
There is quite a difference in temperaments. ISFJ are Guardians.
ISFP are Artisans.

Both have an Informing, Behind the Scenes Interaction style.

The art side of ISFP is about composing, combining, varying and improvising. So it is a talent that lends itself to the arts but could be expressed in many other ways.

those links definatley helped! I totally relate more to an ISFP then an ISFJ.mainly because all I do at my job is troubleshooting issues all day lol..I wish I could develop more of my artsy side though! I have some J qualities like being on time and neatness but that's it. Thank you!

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
those links definatley helped! I totally relate more to an ISFP then an ISFJ.mainly because all I do at my job is troubleshooting issues all day lol..I wish I could develop more of my artsy side though! I have some J qualities like being on time and neatness but that's it. Thank you!

So does that mean we get to claim you as an ISFP? Yay!

It can be really confusing trying to type yourself based on tests like the Keirsey one. I have an INFP friend who thought for years that he was an INFJ because of the whole J-P confusion. Troubleshooting is very SP -- we seem to be able to excel at it, even if we've never encountered that particular problem before. :D

btw, not all SPs are artsy, so if that's not your cup of tea, no big deal. Other than enjoying going cross-country skiing on snowy Saturay afternoons, I'm not very much into athletics, which is supposed to be an SP thing.

Sarah

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
So does that mean we get to claim you as an ISFP? Yay!

It can be really confusing trying to type yourself based on tests like the Keirsey one. I have an INFP friend who thought for years that he was an INFJ because of the whole J-P confusion. Troubleshooting is very SP -- we seem to be able to excel at it, even if we've never encountered that particular problem before. :D

btw, not all SPs are artsy, so if that's not your cup of tea, no big deal. Other than enjoying going cross-country skiing on snowy Saturay afternoons, I'm not very much into athletics, which is supposed to be an SP thing.

Sarah

hahaha yeah I believe I am an ISFP...oh yeah i'm good with music and I have a funny story I got fired from piano lessons when I was a teenager because I wasn't a respectful student and didn't follow her rules I did my own thing! lol
I kept skipping recitals and she Fired me at like 13 can you imagine!? guess i've been an ISFP in disguise :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
hahaha yeah I believe I am an ISFP...oh yeah i'm good with music and I have a funny story I got fired from piano lessons when I was a teenager because I wasn't a respectful student and didn't follow her rules I did my own thing! lol
I kept skipping recitals and she Fired me at like 13 can you imagine!? guess i've been an ISFP in disguise :)

Not much of a disguise. You could've been wearing a shirt that says "ISFP Darnit" with that story.

Oh, and to answer the original question: Yes, we are similar. ISFPs and ISFJs are both sexy. ISFPs are just more spontaneously sexy while ISFJs have to plan their sexiness more.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Not much of a disguise. You could've been wearing a shirt that says "ISFP Darnit" with that story.

Oh, and to answer the original question: Yes, we are similar. ISFPs and ISFJs are both sexy. ISFPs are just more spontaneously sexy while ISFJs have to plan their sexiness more.

hahaha I know and I was so upset by the situation at the time! Still doesn't make sense to me how you can fire someone when she is making money off of me..I think she was a hardcore loopy SJ

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If planning means that I would like to be with someone that I feel a connection with, then yes, I like to plan. But if I have a connection with someone already, then I want sexiness to occur spontaneously between the two of us.

ISFP for sure.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp

Haha! I want an "ISFP Darnit" t-shirt for Christmas!

Spontaneously Sexy Sarah. (has a nice sound to it, doesn't it?) :D

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I often have troubles telling between the two types and I'm usually pretty good at typing people.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha! I want an "ISFP Darnit" t-shirt for Christmas!

Spontaneously Sexy Sarah. (has a nice sound to it, doesn't it?) :D

Just give me your shippng address, and you better believe I'll send you one, SSS. :cool:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Are there any similarities between ISFJ's and ISFP's? The only reason i'm asking is becuase i've tested as ISFJ before and I recently took the test again and came up as ISFP. I feel more like an ISFP although I haven't yet found my artsy side and i'd really like to develop that. Along with similarities anyone have differences between the two types as well? Any links would be helpful too!

Thanks!

The P-J axis makes probably the biggest difference on how the type fits together.. it changes which of the N/S or T/F is external to the world.. so if you aren't sure, try working out which function is external.

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram

Yea. i have the whole 'must be on time' thing. when im late i turn into a nervous wreck...:shock:

but im not neat whatsoever. if i started organizing everythig i think everyone would drop dead from shock. :9436:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Based on past experience, I would say the difference is:

- ISFPs are good responders.
- ISFJs are good initiators.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You aren't your fuckin' khakis.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
You aren't your fuckin' khakis.

True. Although what you do for a living, weather or not you are good at it and if you enjoy it has to do with your type in my opinion. Oh and I just took your personality test that you created and got ISFP..mixed with a little EN.