• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] This sounds ESFP, would You Agree?

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
My nephew recently turned 6, and seems to be ESFP.

I say this because:
-very good at following directions, no attention issues, teachers really like him
-likes to draw
-likes to talk
-good storyteller
-has an active mind, but likes a lot of hands on toys, doesn't ask many "why?" questions
-discusses people he met when he was 3, and hasn't seen since
-as a "N" I used to notice all kinds of odd things as a kid, like the number of cars in a gararge that were green, or the font of the letters on a building sign, he seems to notice things that are obvious - like the colors of a traffic light, or the word on the stop sign
-only N trait I've seen is he's good with driving directions, which is true of many ENTPs

could be ESTP as well, but curious what you guys thought

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I say this because:
-very good at following directions, no attention issues, teachers really like him
-likes to draw
-likes to talk
-good storyteller
-has an active mind, but likes a lot of hands on toys, doesn't ask many "why?" questions
-as a "N" I used to notice all kinds of odd things as a kid, like the number of cars in a gararge that were green, or the font of the letters on a building sign, he seems to notice things that are obvious - like the colors of a traffic light, or the word on the stop sign
-only N trait I've seen is he's good with driving directions, which is true of many ENTPs

Sounds more like an ESFJ to me. SPs tend to hate following directions and have many attention issues. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Have him join the forum in ten years, we'll figure it out.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
probably too young to know..

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
just saw him over the weekend, he's about to turn 7, and I'm almost positive he's ESTP

-loves sports- especially basketball which he'll play for hours on end because he says it's fun, interestingly said he didn't really like soccer because you can't use your hands, but likes basketball because you get to your use hands a lot - seemed like a very STP thing to say - especially with the fine motor orientation

-what I thought might have been Feeling is just being more sensitive to others' immediate needs than I am as a heavy ENTP, seems a little too interested in facts and figures to be ESFP

-P - my ESFJ sister is already on him at a young age to clean up some of the junk he's already leaving across the house, he leaves his toys and games all over his bedroom

-in spite of his age, he was better than I was at following the directions in an instruction manual for building a Hot Wheels course

Two Point Two

MBTI Type
INTJ
A lot of what you're seeing may just be child-ness. Like this:

-P - my ESFJ sister is already on him at a young age to clean up some of the junk he's already leaving across the house, he leaves his toys and games all over his bedroom
This is true of the vast majority of children, Js and Ps alike.

I do think that 6 or 7 may be a bit young to tell with any confidence what type a person is/will be.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I say this because:
-likes to draw
-likes to talk
-good storyteller

It's way too soon to tell the middle letters. Way too soon.

If people had tried to predict my type as a small child, I could easily see them thinking that I was an SJ - I was very well behaved, did as I was told, liked school, and in middle school I actually belonged to the "preppy" group complete with cheerleaders and Student Government types. I could have even been mistaken for a T back then because I liked school and reading so much.

I'm just saying.

tetsuwanatom

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
i think kids shouldn't have to have themselves labelled like this because they're too young to understand all the things that the label ENFP or ISTJ or etc. would mean... they'll just end up using it as some "badge".

and tbh... he's six years old!!! I don't know if he can even sustain a 1 hr continuous reading session.
If he could, just think what would happen if he went to typologycentral.com and started reading about this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...6-can-reason-why-ns-think-sensors-stupid.html !!!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
It's too early to tell, but seemingly the E & S fit for now from your description.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
i think kids shouldn't have to have themselves labelled like this because they're too young to understand all the things that the label ENFP or ISTJ or etc. would mean... they'll just end up using it as some "badge".

and tbh... he's six years old!!! I don't know if he can even sustain a 1 hr continuous reading session.
If he could, just think what would happen if he went to typologycentral.com and started reading about this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...6-can-reason-why-ns-think-sensors-stupid.html !!!

The OP didn't mention anything about actually telling the child his MBTI type.

Since the kid is only six, you are most likely only able to identify the first function.

I really don't see any points so far that can imply a personality type. Most of these things are just what typical kids do.