• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Teach me how to be an S.

wolfy

awsm
This, folks, is a perfect example of "aspirational Te" as it shows up in ISFPs. :D

*sigh* One of these days, my desk will be all neatly organized, and all files will be labelled. If I manage to do that, it will take me far longer than a truly organized person to accomplish, and it will stay all nice and neat for exactly... 2 days.

:hug:

The closest I got to a workable system is GTD. I learned a lot and still use some of the stuff.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is SO true.
I collect so much stuff, especially info. I have 4000 bookmarks!
An organized and efficient system seems like my holy grail.

This, folks, is a perfect example of "aspirational Te" as it shows up in ISFPs. :D

*sigh* One of these days, my desk will be all neatly organized, and all files will be labelled. If I manage to do that, it will take me far longer than a truly organized person to accomplish, and it will stay all nice and neat for exactly... 2 days.

same here, so I'll hazard a shot at this.. its the inferior Te + the Introverted leading Fi and an extraverted parenting function maybe cause the Ti+Ne combination does the same for me as opposed to the Ni+Te of an INTJ.. an INTJ = perfectly organized desk, folders, bookmarks,... books, letters, files, folders (hard copies)... clothes, shoes ... seemingly ad infinitum ;)

close?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
same here, so I'll hazard a shot at this.. its the inferior Te + the Introverted leading Fi and an extraverted parenting function maybe cause the Ti+Ne combination does the same for me as opposed to the Ni+Te of an INTJ.. an INTJ = perfectly organized desk, folders, bookmarks,... books, letters, files, folders (hard copies)... clothes, shoes ... seemingly ad infinitum ;)

close?

*coughs* My desk is hardly spotless. I have piles of paper and stacks of books everywhere. Not to mention the dust bunnies that gather in little used corners...

Stuff on computer/web I do like to tag and place into folders though. But that's only because I wouldn't be able to find them otherwise. If I can find stuff without that I wouldn't have bothered. :D

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stuff on computer/web I do like to tag and place into folders though. But that's only because I wouldn't be able to find them otherwise. If I can find stuff without that I wouldn't have bothered. :D

cf

That is SO true.
I collect so much stuff, especially info. I have 4000 bookmarks!
An organized and efficient system seems like my holy grail.

:D

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it stems from the fact that many people seem to view functions as all or nothing. Like an F isn't capable of thinking logically, or an S can't think in abstract terms. I think the temperaments are merely subconscious preferences.

Maybe some S types don't like thinking in abstract terms because they find it boring, not because they can't. I know I find dry, overly intellectual discussions to be quite dull and uninspiring so I do my best to avoid them. That doesn't mean I can't engage in that kind of discussion, I just would have to try harder to stay awake.

So it's not that S types are incapable of being intuitive, they just subconsciously (or perhaps consciously) prefer to engage their senses.

But I do think that magical, little N makes some people feel insightful, spiritual, "deeper" than the perceived S stereotype. I sometimes wonder if there are some S types on this board that mistype themselves as N just so they can "fit in and feel special". :huh:

Yeah. Great post. :)