User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

ThatGirl: I think it's a good thing that you are getting in touch with your shadow tpyes, because if you strengthen them all up, you will be golden.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    This is not a sarcastic thread. I would like to get more in touch with my sensory capabilities. How would one beging to maintain focus over such things? Is it a nmeasure of mental strength?
    You seem to be on the road of becoming more well rounded.

I actually zone out and get kinda N when I (am forced) play sport or anything else that disinterests me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Go to the more hypothetical or abstract threads, scratch your head and then press back on your browser.

(maybe raise your eyebrow upon reading the thread too)

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

This is the main reason I hate tether ball, seriously how long does it take for the ball to make its circle, I zone out and never see it comming, but it happens, every time.

These are great suggestions everyone.
    well, if it makes you feel any better, i'd stay focused waiting to see you get hit in the face.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

heart recommended a book to me about this. You may find it useful.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/359812-post8.html

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Not sure how it works for everyone, but it helped me to get involved in a physical activity that requires N and S. That was dance for me. When I'm down, I dance till my mind goes blank.

It is emptying the mind of all the Ne and Ti in a way - forgetting all past and future, and taking the present moment. As NTs it is tough to live in the present.

If you write for e.g. Write a story which does not use metaphors or similes.

If you go for a walk, try remember things about the people you pass. Colour of their clothes, what they are doing etc.

Before you sleep, as you breathe, count each breath. You'd be surprised how hard it is to hit a hundred before you get distracted.

If you play an instrument, feel the instrument, not just the music.

If you're kissing someone, heighten your awareness of their heartbeat, the way their hair falls, how they feel against you. Vs. just how they make you feel.

Overall, I've found that it made each experience more intense. A double input of sorts, not sure if that makes sense.

MBTI
    ISTP

Focus on something in particular, and notice the physical aspects of it. I know when Im waiting at this particular place near my house, I tend to zone out in a sensor way, I guess. Im not really thinking of anything deep when I do this. Ill casually notice the shape of a leaf or a branch, or the pattern of the bark or a rock, compare colours. Ill notice faces or pictures in rocks/trees/shadows/wood grain. Or Ill just follow the movement of one particular cloud.

Its next to this empty block, with a large pile of rocks and a whole bunch of skinks live in there. Ill just watch, moving my eyes slowly, if at all, so as not to miss any quick movements until something does move. Once Ive found the lizards I follow them until I can no longer see them. Ive found lots of things the same way. Ive been the only one to see fish or squirrels among a group of friends by doing this.

I imagine trying to find shapes in clouds would be good as well. Try and make sure you focus on the shapes, though, and not let your mind wander off on tangents.

And with sports... maybe try table tennis. Hurts a lot less if you get hit in the face.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

This is not a sarcastic thread. I would like to get more in touch with my sensory capabilities. How would one beging to maintain focus over such things? Is it a nmeasure of mental strength?
    Try cleaning windows.

That bugs all the NF's I know.
    Speak Truthfully, Act Righteously

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by saieditor View Post
    Try cleaning windows.

That bugs all the NF's I know.
    Are you trying to bore her to death?