User Tag List

First 91011

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    This, folks, is a perfect example of "aspirational Te" as it shows up in ISFPs.

*sigh* One of these days, my desk will be all neatly organized, and all files will be labelled. If I manage to do that, it will take me far longer than a truly organized person to accomplish, and it will stay all nice and neat for exactly... 2 days.

The closest I got to a workable system is GTD. I learned a lot and still use some of the stuff.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That is SO true.
    I collect so much stuff, especially info. I have 4000 bookmarks!
    An organized and efficient system seems like my holy grail.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    This, folks, is a perfect example of "aspirational Te" as it shows up in ISFPs.

*sigh* One of these days, my desk will be all neatly organized, and all files will be labelled. If I manage to do that, it will take me far longer than a truly organized person to accomplish, and it will stay all nice and neat for exactly... 2 days.
    same here, so I'll hazard a shot at this.. its the inferior Te + the Introverted leading Fi and an extraverted parenting function maybe cause the Ti+Ne combination does the same for me as opposed to the Ni+Te of an INTJ.. an INTJ = perfectly organized desk, folders, bookmarks,... books, letters, files, folders (hard copies)... clothes, shoes ... seemingly ad infinitum

close?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
    same here, so I'll hazard a shot at this.. its the inferior Te + the Introverted leading Fi and an extraverted parenting function maybe cause the Ti+Ne combination does the same for me as opposed to the Ni+Te of an INTJ.. an INTJ = perfectly organized desk, folders, bookmarks,... books, letters, files, folders (hard copies)... clothes, shoes ... seemingly ad infinitum

close?
    *coughs* My desk is hardly spotless. I have piles of paper and stacks of books everywhere. Not to mention the dust bunnies that gather in little used corners...

Stuff on computer/web I do like to tag and place into folders though. But that's only because I wouldn't be able to find them otherwise. If I can find stuff without that I wouldn't have bothered.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Stuff on computer/web I do like to tag and place into folders though. But that's only because I wouldn't be able to find them otherwise. If I can find stuff without that I wouldn't have bothered.
    cf

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That is SO true.
    I collect so much stuff, especially info. I have 4000 bookmarks!
    An organized and efficient system seems like my holy grail.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I think it stems from the fact that many people seem to view functions as all or nothing. Like an F isn't capable of thinking logically, or an S can't think in abstract terms. I think the temperaments are merely subconscious preferences.

Maybe some S types don't like thinking in abstract terms because they find it boring, not because they can't. I know I find dry, overly intellectual discussions to be quite dull and uninspiring so I do my best to avoid them. That doesn't mean I can't engage in that kind of discussion, I just would have to try harder to stay awake.

So it's not that S types are incapable of being intuitive, they just subconsciously (or perhaps consciously) prefer to engage their senses.

But I do think that magical, little N makes some people feel insightful, spiritual, "deeper" than the perceived S stereotype. I sometimes wonder if there are some S types on this board that mistype themselves as N just so they can "fit in and feel special".
    Yeah. Great post.