First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

From a functional order standpoint, I think that ENJs are best at appearing intimidating due to their tertiary Se function, which they use in a more scheming way -- this is why ENJs tend to have a flair for the theatrics, but in actuality, have limited confidence in engaging their Se freely.

An intimidating ESTP, on the other hand, is intimidating to others because of his self-confidence to maneuver on impulse, which others who are less skilled can become intimidated by, I suppose. But he doesn't use Se as a defense.

MBTI
    istp

i dont think anyone should be intimidated, of the worst possible outcomes in any interaction with another person, the integrity of your mind is an invincible quality. we are our collateral impact, and our sheer existence of body and mind necessitates that, even if those abilities are removed in death, our historical displacement can never be taken away.

intimidation is fear of impending defeat, and in a way, fear is not knowing in what ways you are undefeatable.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    i dont think anyone should be intimidated, of the worst possible outcomes in any interaction with another person, the integrity of your mind is an invincible quality. we are our collateral impact, and our sheer existence of body and mind necessitates that, even if those abilities are removed in death, our historical impact can never be taken away.

intimidation is fear of impending defeat, and in a way, fear is not knowing in what ways you are undefeatable.
    But you could still be remembered as the guy who blew himself up with a propane tank. *intimidated by propane; humiliation*

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But you could still be remembered as the guy who blew himself up with a propane tank. *intimidated by propane; humiliation*
    existence, in past, does not require memory; in future, it does not require prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Love him or hate him he's a funny mofo.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Love him or hate him he's a funny mofo.
    Love him!.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    True, but aren't the non-sensors probably the oddballs in the group? I mean, there are non-NFs in counseling jobs, but they are probably the odd ones out, right? Non-NTs in IT? No job is dominated exclusively by one type, but some jobs are going to be dominated by certain types, I'd think, simply because it's an area of strength/comfort.

My husband is an INTP who drives a truck for a living and he's most certainly not the only one, but when you think of truck drivers, you don't typically think of INTPs.
    And you said it again, it's a mindset that has been created on stereotypes and poor descriptions. I will give you a prime example in how many ISTPs who had admitted that they are not mechanically inclined. On INTPc there are a number of INTPs who in past years have admitted to not being mathematically inclined. Not all ESFPs are wild party-goers. In fact the only ESFP I know is a bit of a prude. These are biases that were never articulated by Jung or Myers-Briggs. In fact Myers-Briggs describes both ESPs as being the ultimate realists. Okay off the soap box because as some have said, of all forums that I have visited over the years, Typologyc has less biases than other forums. I think that is because we do have a more diverse group posting here. Thanks for your input.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    ... Not all ESFPs are wild party-goers. In fact the only ESFP I know is a bit of a prude.
    I know one ESFP woman who is now a stiff-collared, crusty, stern, rather skin-crawling fundamentalist now that she "found God better."

I actually liked her better when she partied and laughed all the time with the happier God.

My son, ESFP, is actually pretty much a "party kid," but he also has a quiet side and will spend hours listening to music when home and drawing lots and lots of pictures. That's more his F side coming out through S sensibilities.

Tangent, I know, but I thought it interesting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I thought of that slogan for ESFP's when I read a thread about ESFP's being generally dumb a while back. My face was like the insulted caveman after he sees the banner or watches the commercial
    hehe, you should see some of the descriptions of ENFP on the net and how they think and what is best for them. It can be a problem when your shadow (INFJ) has so many psychologists who are into Myers-Briggs.

Didn't know you guys were considered stupid... Your type seems pretty nice and interesting from my experience of them.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    And you said it again, it's a mindset that has been created on stereotypes and poor descriptions. I will give you a prime example in how many ISTPs who had admitted that they are not mechanically inclined. On INTPc there are a number of INTPs who in past years have admitted to not being mathematically inclined. Not all ESFPs are wild party-goers. In fact the only ESFP I know is a bit of a prude. These are biases that were never articulated by Jung or Myers-Briggs. In fact Myers-Briggs describes both ESPs as being the ultimate realists. Okay off the soap box because as some have said, of all forums that I have visited over the years, Typologyc has less biases than other forums. I think that is because we do have a more diverse group posting here. Thanks for your input.
    Couldn't an ultimate realist easily become kind of nihilistic and hedonistic? I don't see why the two are mutually exclusive. I enjoy MBTI, etc, but I don't take it super seriously, I guess. Any time you divide people into groups based on similarities you're going to get some inaccurate stereotyping and even if a stereotype is generally true, it certainly isn't going to be true of everyone in the group. I don't see it as being terribly harmful unless you use it as a rigid guideline or something.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers