User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 84

  1. #21
    Senior Member me_plus_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    194

    Default

    This thread is beginning to annoy me, really badly.
    Why are ESTP's intimidating? Just because they are straightforward?

    And I don't think the issue you are talking about is type-related, you are analyzing everything from this perspective, even if it is non-related.

    How can you know for sure that every mechanic in there is an ESTP? Did you test each and everyone of them? Or are you simply making stereotypical assumptions?

    Don't get me wrong, what infuriates me is not the fact that you are talking about my type, but the fact that you are not looking at issues from a number of angles, but from a single point of view.

    The answer to your question, to fit your stereotypical analyze, is no, we do not realize how "scary" we are. It is in our nature to act so, it is not deliberate.

  2. #22
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    This thread is beginning to annoy me, really badly.
    Why are ESTP's intimidating? Just because they are straightforward?

    And I don't think the issue you are talking about is type-related, you are analyzing everything from this perspective, even if it is non-related.

    How can you know for sure that every mechanic in there is an ESTP? Did you test each and everyone of them? Or are you simply making stereotypical assumptions?

    Don't get me wrong, what infuriates me is not the fact that you are talking about my type, but the fact that you are not looking at issues from a number of angles, but from a single point of view.

    The answer to your question, to fit your stereotypical analyze, is no, we do not realize how "scary" we are. It is in our nature to act so, it is not deliberate.
    You're being intimidating here
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Since we are stereotyping here, aren't estps supposed to be promoter, entrepreneur types. The individuals you describe sound anything but that. I would see the estp as the one welcoming you in and selling you on their service not alienating the customer.

  4. #24
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Since we are stereotyping here, aren't estps supposed to be promoter, entrepreneur types. The individuals you describe sound anything but that. I would see the estp as the one welcoming you in and selling you on their service not alienating the customer.
    Precisely.

    Sub, you're describing ISTPs, who are the ones endemic to garages -- and who might, if not kept in line, tease somebody who isn't part of the tribe.

  5. #25
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me_plus_one View Post
    This thread is beginning to annoy me, really badly.
    Why are ESTP's intimidating? Just because they are straightforward?

    And I don't think the issue you are talking about is type-related, you are analyzing everything from this perspective, even if it is non-related.

    How can you know for sure that every mechanic in there is an ESTP? Did you test each and everyone of them? Or are you simply making stereotypical assumptions?

    Don't get me wrong, what infuriates me is not the fact that you are talking about my type, but the fact that you are not looking at issues from a number of angles, but from a single point of view.

    The answer to your question, to fit your stereotypical analyze, is no, we do not realize how "scary" we are. It is in our nature to act so, it is not deliberate.

    My feelings exactly. How on earth does the original poster "know" for certain that all the mechanics in that particular garage are ESTPs? It's silly to make type assumptions about people you know nothing about.

    I personally don't find the ESTP type scary. People aren't "scary" unless they're actually physically threatening me, which happens very rarely. I would guess my boss is an ESTP, and she's the best person I've ever worked for. She's great at getting things done, and not putting up with useless delays, pointless protocol and beurocracic red tape.

    Sarah

  6. #26
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    Quick read and quicker thoughts sub.

    Women run into this stuff all the time with many different types of males. For me it's been a matter of getting solid with my femaleness and hanging in there.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  7. #27
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I'm not intimidated by ESTPs.

    Well, maybe Trump. His wig is DOMINANT.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #28
    Senior Member Chris_in_Orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I've had similar experiences with E-N-TP personalities... The way they (or should i say the ones I have met) can make you feel like you know absolutely nothing about anything is pretty impressive... however I do adore the ENTPs who aren't like that.

    I'm thinking being surrounded by people who are similar to each other but are nothing like you is intimidating no matter what the circumstances are....how did you even type all the people in the car store as ESTP anyway? surely they are istps...

  9. #29
    Senior Member mwv6r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Sorry me-plus-one, I didn't mean to offend. I love ESTPs (am engaged to one), and I do agree with the posters who doubted whether the mechanics at the beginning are actual ESTPs. My fiance works at a car dealership but as a salesman rather than a mechanic, and he is always enthusiastically greeting a customer as they walk in. I think that the intimidation that I and others are mentioning isn't due to "scariness" on the part of ESTPs, but rather -- at least, speaking for myself -- I think sometimes feelers and perhaps intuitives too can get a little hesitant about how to proceed around people who are very blunt and direct. And oftentimes "intimidated" isn't the word but rather I am in awe of how ESTPs can so confidently maneuvre to get what they want from almost any situation. Whenever my partner hears me on the phone wrangling unsuccessfully with an insurance agent or computer technician or whoever, he comes over, takes the phone and proceeds to get exactly what I wanted but was unable to get myself :o)

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Sorry me-plus-one, I didn't mean to offend. I love ESTPs (am engaged to one), and I do agree with the posters who doubted whether the mechanics at the beginning are actual ESTPs. My fiance works at a car dealership but as a salesman rather than a mechanic, and he is always enthusiastically greeting a customer as they walk in. I think that the intimidation that I and others are mentioning isn't due to "scariness" on the part of ESTPs, but rather -- at least, speaking for myself -- I think sometimes feelers and perhaps intuitives too can get a little hesitant about how to proceed around people who are very blunt and direct. And oftentimes "intimidated" isn't the word but rather I am in awe of how ESTPs can so confidently maneuvre to get what they want from almost any situation. Whenever my partner hears me on the phone wrangling unsuccessfully with an insurance agent or computer technician or whoever, he comes over, takes the phone and proceeds to get exactly what I wanted but was unable to get myself :o)
    Agreed. That is quite a useful skill and one that I have worked to acquire over time. I am now fairly decent at it but definitely am not as natural as an estp or any ep for that matter

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!
    By LadyJaye in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:51 AM
  2. [ESTP] ESTPs and Cheating
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  3. [ESTP] Being an Asian ESTP
    By hungrypossum in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
  4. [ESTP] How to ask ESTP for changes?
    By Another INFJ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  5. [ESTP] ESTP Chicks
    By FFF in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO