User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah Sarah, it's only afterward, when I'm back at home, that I think of saying "Of course I don't know or care what a fucking brake disc is, that's why I brought it here so you grease monkeys can fix it for me all afternoon for crappy pay while I go away and earn more in an afternoon sitting on my ass doing non-manly stuff, than you macho guys do in a week!"

At the time I don't even think of it, I'm too busy wishing I could join in the horse play with the cool/tough guys but knowing I'd get creamed in 0.5 seconds!!

by the way, I don't think I've ever been to a garage in Europe where the service wasn't like that... I think whoever the guys are that own those places just figure it's gonna be an ESTP dominant kinda culture so there's really no point trying to get them to act like professionals and whatever, they'll just end up losing a member of staff per week! if you want the good mechanics, sadly, you have to put up with the attitude... seems to just be the way it is here!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah... can we add this thread to the intuitard moments thread then? Cos it seems the connections just aren't being made... it's still being taken as the surface issue of rude mechanics in a garage, which totally isn't what I'm talking about...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

These places are full of ISTPs and if you think an introvert doesn't have the balls to call you an idiot... you would be wrong.

ISTPs have a "brotherhood" feel about them. If you are not part of it, you get the cold treatment. Poor customer service aka people skills? sounds like a bunch of introverts to me.

Really, I honestly couldn't be bothered learning a single thing about cars, I would rather someone to fix my car for me so I can do something more productive.

Car fixing is the wrong place to find ESTPs

Next time go try a car yard and THEN you will find ESTPs

ISTPs fix cars, ESTPs sell them.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    yeah... can we add this thread to the intuitard moments thread then? Cos it seems the connections just aren't being made... it's still being taken as the surface issue of rude mechanics in a garage, which totally isn't what I'm talking about...

Well, you did post it in the SP section.... so of course some of us are going to take you literally.

What are you talking about, then? Feeling intimidated if you're in a room full of people who are all the same type and who are very different than you?

Sarah

MBTI
    ENTJ

Hey, you're the customer. If they're not serving you adequately, the best thing to do is to find service somewhere else.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have a friend/co-worker who is an ESTP & a lot of people are intimidated by him. I can understand why. He's very blunt & direct about everything. You try pulling some shit on him & he will cut you! LOL (j/p sorta) . He's very outspoken about what he likes & doesn't & will put you in your place no matter who's there. He's a good guy. Some people see him as off putting, but I appreciate him for who he is.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

Dali

Rude mechanics? Go elsewhere.

But seriously, I get that vibe from STPs all the time. I wouldn't try to 'fit in' right away. You have to sort of 'prove yourself' or just keep doing your own thing (e.g. no discernible embarassment whatsoever about not knowing this or that obscure car part) and they'll respect your honesty / confidence at least.

Or they wont.

For what it's worth, my ESTP father is the most impossibly macho man I know and most people... let me rephrase that, almost everyone including his siblings, children, friends, employees, other family... regard him with a mixture of respect and a touch of fear.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I get what you mean. I feel the same way around groups of ESFP/ESFJ women.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

hmmm... I always throught mechanics were ISTP's too. They don't seem to like to interact outside of their little group and their cars.

(yes, aware that i'm taking it literally, and this isn't the point. i'm an S with a one track mind, what can I say? )

As far as ESTP's go, its not just you. They are the most intimidating of all the types IMO. Always feel like they are bulldozing me over during conversation or something.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Agreed, I also find some ESTPs and ISTPs a little intimidating at times. I definitely wouldn't want to be on an ESTP's bad side! Provided I'm on good terms with them though, it's a fun relationship because they're very playful and uncomplicated and you always know where you stand with them. ISTPs are a little tougher to read because as introverts they provide very few verbal clues, and in addition feeling is their inferior function (it's tertiary for ESTPs).