User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default ISTPs need relationships too!

Okay, I debated with myself for a week or so whether or not I should even make a post, and I decided that I really just want to know the answer. I'm looking for purely theoretical opinions here. Obviously there's the whole "everybody is their own individual person even if they fit into a certain type" thing, so if that's all you have to say... Well...

Are there any ideal type for ISTPs to be coupled with? And if you are an ISTP, what types do you find yourself getting along with best?

I feel like a massive lametard for asking this.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Well, according to theory, ESFJ should match best with ISTP for long-term "fulfilling" relationships.

But I wonder how well that works out in practice...?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm in a relationship with an INFP and we share a lot of the same "ideals" but our methods of thinking are both very, very different. Makes things interesting you could say.

I'd say my ideal partner would be an ESXJ.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Well, according to theory, ESFJ should match best with ISTP for long-term "fulfilling" relationships.

But I wonder how well that works out in practice...?
    maybe it's because im strongly introverted, but no... i dont think MBTI should be applied to anything, really, but if i had to say, IxFJ

MBTI
    infp

ive been married for 20 years to a istp - shouldnt work according to theory but it dos and has with a few hiccups along the way - I can accpt his need for privacy and not to express his emotions and he is now great at helping me with too many emotions
    anyway its worked for us!
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    ive been married for 20 years to a istp - shouldnt work according to theory
    Which theory? Seriously, I honestly wonder where people come up with these.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    maybe it's because im strongly introverted, but no... i dont think MBTI should be applied to anything, really...
    +1

That being said, I think (in theory, ie without having dated them) ExFJ would be my worst possible match, closely followed by xNFPs. Out of the rest, I usually tend to like INxJs and ISxPs the best.

(I in no way expect that other ISTPs will have similar preferences)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    +1

That being said, I think (in theory, ie without having dated them) ExFJ would be my worst possible match
    I might have to agree.. I think an ExFJ would be draining for me in more ways than one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post
    Okay, I debated with myself for a week or so whether or not I should even make a post, and I decided that I really just want to know the answer. I'm looking for purely theoretical opinions here. Obviously there's the whole "everybody is their own individual person even if they fit into a certain type" thing, so if that's all you have to say... Well...

Are there any ideal type for ISTPs to be coupled with? And if you are an ISTP, what types do you find yourself getting along with best?

I feel like a massive lametard for asking this.
    I'm ENFP female married to ISTP male. We've been "a couple" for well over 10 years now and it's good (still). We also have children. I'm very committed to the marriage and it feels like my husband is too (well - I really couldn't say that I KNOW how he feels, I can just say that I think I know what he feels). We are both learning new ways of thinking/feeling/doing stuff from each other (bacause we are very different from each other). We have some things that make us a good couple (at least for the timebeing): is that we don't take things too seriously, we'll have fun very often (heh, the fun discussion) and we have similar values. I hope I'lll have this good marriage until I die, but eventually, nobody knows what is going to happen someday.

I just say that any type combination works if the two people want it and feel that there is something there.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

ENFP-ISTP is a dual relationship, via socionics. Usually works out.