User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I ask for both you and Gray to consider that people attempting to put themselves in your shoes may seem to be projecting. Also consider that they may be forced to place some level of motivation upon you if you don't allow for your own internal motivation to make itself apparent once in a while. It doesn't seem far-fetched to me that a purely T-type may consider "projection" to be any person attempting to make any sort of connection to you through the most primal of functions, the emotional.

If people around you are criticizing you unduly or unfairly, that's another matter entirely.

Also be aware that ISTPs above just about any type feel the removal of anything personally perceived to be freedom like tiny tiny bloody cuts. You have to articulate (as tiresome as that may be) to people where your boundaries are.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Also be aware that ISTPs above just about any type feel the removal of anything personally perceived to be freedom like tiny tiny bloody cuts. You have to articulate (as tiresome as that may be) to people where your boundaries are.
    :steam:

My ISTP roommate does nothing and he has to nerve to beehatch at me!! He's in danger of getting a taste of my shadow pretty soon!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

To be fair, ENFJs can be very overbearing and critical if they're in the grip, or have picked up that tactic as means to get things done. It's hard to deal with and also hard to make them stop. I've been on the receiving end of it and it's not endearing. However, I don't recall having any sort of communication issues with the ISTPs I've known if they were allowed to say plainly what they were thinking or what they wanted from me. Exchange of information need not be interpretive dance.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    :steam:

My ISTP roommate does nothing and he has to nerve to beehatch at me!! He's in danger of getting a taste of my shadow pretty soon!
    You do realize you'll lose, right?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    INTP

To be fair, ENFJs can be very overbearing and critical if they're in the grip, or have picked up that tactic as means to get things done. It's hard to deal with and also hard to make them stop. I've been on the receiving end of it and it's not endearing.
    I'm very flexible. I can work with people on just about anything. I am very fair and I give people a lot of slack. What I don't tolerate well is people who don't do their share but feel they can whine, or worse, push me around.

However, I don't recall having any sort of communication issues with the ISTPs I've known if they were allowed to say plainly what they were thinking or what they wanted from me. Exchange of information need not be interpretive dance.
    Could be because you are an ENFJ. They might respond better to ENFJs. This one is a terrible communicator. I've tried.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    You have not met my shadow and you never want to. I seriously doubt you could lure it out to play anyway.
    Oook.

I'm very flexible. I can work with people on just about anything. I am very fair and I give people a lot of slack. What I don't tolerate well is people who don't do their share but feel they can whine, or worse, push me around.
    I don't think anyone likes that.

Could be because you are an ENFJ. They might respond better to ENFJs. This one is a terrible communicator. I've tried.
    An ISTP boy I used to hang out with hardly ever talked (Blue the 4-Wheel Driver). It took a lot to tick him off, and even then it wasn't a screaming tirade. It was difficult to know what he was thinking sometimes, but it only mattered for me to know when I was involved. Otherwise, I left him to his ruminations unmolested.

Why are you co-habitating with this person?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    istp

I ask for both you and Gray to consider that people attempting to put themselves in your shoes may seem to be projecting. Also consider that they may be forced to place some level of motivation upon you if you don't allow for your own internal motivation to make itself apparent once in a while. It doesn't seem far-fetched to me that a purely T-type may consider "projection" to be any person attempting to make any sort of connection to you through the most primal of functions, the emotional.

If people around you are criticizing you unduly or unfairly, that's another matter entirely.

fair enough... but i still do not understand or at all like people making assumptions. why would someone try to fix their car if they knew nothing about it or had never read the manual, why would someone assume they understand what im thinking if they dont have enough data?

if it was me, the solution is so blatantly obvious to ASK the person instead of pulling their intentions out of my ass. the more i think about it, the more it makes little or no sense for people to treat me like that, maybe i need to tell them to "RTFM" or if they cant do that, then i need to be given the benefit of the doubt.

MBTI
    INTP

Why are you co-habitating with this person?
    Just a random roommate. I could easily afford to get a place of my own. I've chosen to spend money on my business instead. That thing is a money pit, but I see long term potential. I use him as a reason to "keep buggering on" (not give up) with my plans.

"I need to make this work if I want out of this hell."

I've also been waiting for the housng market to bottom out.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    fair enough... but i still do not understand or at all like people making assumptions.
    Assumptions are subverted attempts to decipher what appears to be a puzzle. Assumptions made my reputation out to be a wild child freakfest at 14 simply because I wore jack boots, long earrings, liked punk, and ran with hard-living girls who smoked. I was a good girl. Anyone could know that if they wanted to.

Assumptions get made under two conditions:

1. Reasonable assumption - "Pink is a bad girl because she wears scary clothes and her gfs are not to be messed with." Not true, but I can see how, on the surface, it could be construed that I was bad. Either people see what they want to see because they're superior to me, or they're just too afraid or shy to approach me. I made the highest grades in my graduating class, and I was never seen smoking or drinking or sleeping around. My facts stood on their own.

2. Unreasonable assumption - "Pink is a bad girl because I don't like her." Can't help that. Oh well.

why would someone try to fix their car if they knew nothing about it or had never read the manual, why would someone assume they understand what im thinking if they dont have enough data?
    Curiosity? What if they just want to put their hands on the engine?

if it was me, the solution is so blatantly obvious to ASK the person instead of pulling their intentions out of my ass. the more i think about it, the more it makes little or no sense for people to treat me like that, maybe i need to tell them to "RTFM" or if they cant do that, then i need to be given the benefit of the doubt.
    Then next time, when confronted with such a person (writing their intentions upon you), you might say calmly but bluntly, "What do you want?" If they can't answer a simple question, the conversation is over.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Yeah, the second one. *eats celery*