First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ENFP-ISTP is a dual relationship, via socionics. Usually works out.
    A dual relationship? What does that mean?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    A dual relationship? What does that mean?
    Relations of Duality between psychological ("personality") types

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Thanks! I'll check it out.

ENFP

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Wink

Well, thanks for that link, I just took the socionics test. The long one.
    Hmnmn, no difference, S in public life, N in personal life.
    Speak Truthfully, Act Righteously

This is from the Personality Page:

Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, the ISTP's natural partner is the ESTJ, or the ENTJ. ISTP's dominant function of Introverted Thinking is best matched with a partner whose personality is dominated by Extraverted Thinking. The ISTP/ESTJ combination is ideal, because both types share the Sensing preference for perceiving the world, but ISTP/ENTJ is also a good combination
    I've been married for 17 years to an ENTJ and I've always been attracted to NTs so it's no surprise that I married one.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    I've been married for 17 years to an ENTJ and I've always been attracted to NTs so it's no surprise that I married one.
    Really? I would have thought that the anti-control aspect of ISTP would be a horrible match for something like ENTJ

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Which theory? Seriously, I honestly wonder where people come up with these.

I take all of these 'theories' with a pinch of salt and think relationships between any 'type' can work if they work at it hard enough and marriage is hard work sometimes.

But the thories I meant (and which you have used in a later post) were from socionics which considers the match a superego relationship which becomes more difficult as people become very close (as in marraige) and from the personality page which has the ideal partner for an istp as estj and the ideal partner for an infp as esfj.

(btw were you trying to be patronising? if you were - well done you succeded: )
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ISTP

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I'm ENFP female married to ISTP male.
    Do you find him hurting your feelings alot? With bluntness/directness and all?

MBTI
    TiSe

Personalitypage says the best match for any type will be one that has the same succession of functions, but opposite attitude (TSNF) thus the ESTJ will be best:
    Although two well-developed individuals of any type can enjoy a healthy relationship, the ISTP's natural partner is the ESTJ, or the ENTJ. ISTP's dominant function of Introverted Thinking is best matched with a partner whose personality is dominated by Extraverted Thinking. The ISTP/ESTJ combination is ideal, because both types share the Sensing preference for perceiving the world, but ISTP/ENTJ is also a good combination. How did we arrive at this?
    This theory is somewhat plausible again since the types share a commonality of pattern of succession and the opposite attitude brings out the others inability to extravert/introvert.
    On the otherhand, Lifexplore but more particularly Keirsey takes the opposites attract full blown in saying that dominant Fe types will be more attractive to ISTPs
    The adventuresome artisan may seek out his opposite in the ENFJ "teacher." As noted previously, in the ENFJ he finds a catalyst to growth, certainly a complementary quality to his artisanship. There is nothing, however, in the nature of the ENFJ that is catalytic to the adventurer side of the ISTP's temperament. If this theme is dominant in the ISTP, then the ENFJ-ISTP mating is headed for trouble.

The ISTP is at least as attracted to the soothing, hosting, giving ESFJ. It takes the ESFJ "master of ceremonies" to get the ISTP off his motorcycle (surfboard, airplane, hang-glider) long enough to relate to others in more productive and facilitative ways. The ISTP needs this anchorage, else he wanders off into the frontier (when Horace Greeley said, "Go west, young man," the ISTP took him seriously and went!).
    I agree less with this theory believing that having to contend with too much of any type's weakness in a relationship can create undue stress. I would be more apt to believe that the reversal of attitudes in this case where both are of the same extravert/extravert or introvert/introvert with differing functions T/F.