User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 182

  1. #101
    Senior Member FantailedWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    On new years eve of 1999 instead of running and dancing under the stars, we went to bed as only "lame, stupid people" were dancing under the stars.
    He...DIDN'T WANT TO DANCE UNDER THE STARS??!


    (I uhh...have nothing substantial to contribute)

  2. #102
    Member Brouhaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    @happy puppy. Your istp sounds like an asshole. (no offense). I somehow have wound up becoming the personal psychologist for everyone I've ever been close to (Note: I don't mind being it).....so I kind of disagree with what you've said being indicative of all of us.
    Indeed. That guy really does sound like a complete jerk. I'm going only by my own experiences here, but as an ISTP I'd try to be accommodating. I mean if my girlfriend wanted to dance under the stars, I'd think it's lame but I'd still do it. I think he's a bad example.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    really like ISTPs I don't kow if we would be good in a relationship together but friendships with them are fun.. definately alot of fun... and there is a sparkle to the partnership too!
    I like them too. Not sure about romance, but they make interesting friends.

  4. #104
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    "I mean if my girlfriend wanted to dance under the stars, I'd think it's lame but I'd still do it. I think he's a bad example."

    See that tone? For an ENFP, even the tone is a bit ouchful. but when everything i do is lame? Or silly? He is a total asshole, however has matured a lot. He tries a lot harder now at 34 then he did at 20, but I cannot spend the rest of my life accepting halfway. I would much rather be alone!

    He is true to an ISTP which makes him amazingly talented at the 3% of the world he is enraptured with. For the other 97% othwerise I was his mother/caretaker.

    he did make me tough and impervious to large amounts of emotional pain. This makes for great ENTJ/ESTJ skill sets. What are you going to do? Yell at me and make mean faces? hehehe!

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    ISTPs and ENFPs dont work out so well. At least for the ENFP. You have to build really big walls to avoid the pain caused by thier obliviousness. I could never be honest to the core with him as he was just unaware and would slice me to pieces...I could never share the Ne that overflows, as he just trampled it under his Sensing.

    "are you still talking?"

    One night he and his friends broke a whole collection of little planters my mom had bought for our nursury/dining room when we were expecting our child. They chunked pennies at them while I was working and I came home and there were shards of glass everywhere. The planters were stupid and ugly but my mom loved me enought to go find them and give them to me. Ten years later he still did not understand.

    When i would be happy, he would say be quiet I was being too loud. When I would play outside and feel the sun, he would complain that I didnt spend time with him-watching TV on the couch.

    On new years eve of 1999 instead of running and dancing under the stars, we went to bed as only "lame, stupid people" were dancing under the stars.

    When I was so sick for months on end, and no one knew what was wrong, he said "Its too bad our marriage is over"

    I got well again and he could not understand why our marrige was really over.

    There is a whole universe of things inside of me that he never understood and I could never show him. There is such wideth and depth and powerful sways of feeling, yet he could not see it. It was as if he was blinded to it.

    never trap an enfp with an istp.
    Don't make excuses for that behavior just because of his personality type. We only play stupid when it's convenient for us - this guy knew exactly what made you tick. He knew exactly how to hurt your feelings to get his way all while making it seem innocent like he didn't know any better. Sorry you got stuck in this relationship but this guy sounds like a child.

    Unfortunately it's very easy for us to hurt the feelers we're close to and we can do so in the coldest, most callous ways. It's also very easy for us to make them see stars, we just have to care enough to want to do so. Feelers are wonderful people, even if their "thinking" seems irrational to us at times, so we have take care of the ones we love.

  6. #106
    Member Brouhaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Don't make excuses for that behavior just because of his personality type.
    It's true. You definitely shouldn't generalize based on this one guy. Many ISTPs are very nice people.

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    "I mean if my girlfriend wanted to dance under the stars, I'd think it's lame but I'd still do it. I think he's a bad example."

    See that tone? For an ENFP, even the tone is a bit ouchful. but when everything i do is lame? Or silly? He is a total asshole, however has matured a lot. He tries a lot harder now at 34 then he did at 20, but I cannot spend the rest of my life accepting halfway. I would much rather be alone!

    He is true to an ISTP which makes him amazingly talented at the 3% of the world he is enraptured with. For the other 97% othwerise I was his mother/caretaker.

    he did make me tough and impervious to large amounts of emotional pain. This makes for great ENTJ/ESTJ skill sets. What are you going to do? Yell at me and make mean faces? hehehe!
    I agree that he sounds like a total asshole. I have 2 modes of dealing with people in my life, I have avoidance and I have those that I do anything for. I may hurt an Fs feelings on accident, but he is intentionally doing it. I dont see it as lame and would never say it, but I dont see the point in dancing under the stars, which is different IMHO. You have your own reason for wanting to, but I dont have a reason to want to dance. Now watching you dance under the stars would be fun

    I can tell you though that a mother/caretaker is the last thing we are looking for. We will close up tight if you act like a "mother".

  8. #108
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    [QUOTE=poki;525101]...I dont see it as lame and would never say it, but I dont see the point in dancing under the stars, which is different IMHO. You have your own reason for wanting to, but I dont have a reason to want to dance. Now watching you dance under the stars would be fun ...
    [QUOTE]

    OK, I'm not an ISTP, or really fond of dancing, but I can boogie when I want to. Sure I'll bust the move doing mad housework on weekends, but there's also nothing wrong with dancing under the stars if it pleases your girl. That's a really simple request to honor actually, it takes very little effort, but probably means the world to the one who asked. Anyone?

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I dont see it as lame and would never say it, but I dont see the point in dancing under the stars, which is different IMHO. You have your own reason for wanting to, but I dont have a reason to want to dance. Now watching you dance under the stars would be fun
    There are plenty of points - the simplest being doing it just because you can. Or, doing it, not because of whether it makes sense to you, but because it means something to someone you care about.

    Living in the moment and for the moment is one of the most enjoyable things about life, IMO. Personally I like to go for barefooted walks/runs in the pouring rain during the summer. The harder it's raining the better. Lightning and thunder? Hell yes!

  10. #110
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    "I mean if my girlfriend wanted to dance under the stars, I'd think it's lame but I'd still do it. I think he's a bad example."

    See that tone? For an ENFP, even the tone is a bit ouchful. but when everything i do is lame? Or silly? He is a total asshole, however has matured a lot. He tries a lot harder now at 34 then he did at 20, but I cannot spend the rest of my life accepting halfway. I would much rather be alone!

    He is true to an ISTP which makes him amazingly talented at the 3% of the world he is enraptured with. For the other 97% othwerise I was his mother/caretaker.

    he did make me tough and impervious to large amounts of emotional pain. This makes for great ENTJ/ESTJ skill sets. What are you going to do? Yell at me and make mean faces? hehehe!

    You'd rather be alone but you've known him for 14 years? Am I misreading that?

    Also, I don't understand the "they're getting better/I'm mothering him" language. It reminds me of the scene in the Holy Grail where a peasant got changed into a newt. I can't tolerate jerks for more than a few hours, much less years. I realize that ENFPs are way more nurturing and patient than I am, but why waste your time with someone you'd call an asshole and really mean it? Isn't that exhausting?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] ISTP/INFP Relationship
    By songofcalamity in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 07-07-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTP Non-relationship advice ;)
    By brickwall in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 08:56 AM
  3. [ISTP] ISTPs maintaining relationships
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
  4. [MBTItm] ISTP needs help
    By nanashi in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO