Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    fair enough... but i still do not understand or at all like people making assumptions. why would someone try to fix their car if they knew nothing about it or had never read the manual, why would someone assume they understand what im thinking if they dont have enough data?

if it was me, the solution is so blatantly obvious to ASK the person instead of pulling their intentions out of my ass. the more i think about it, the more it makes little or no sense for people to treat me like that, maybe i need to tell them to "RTFM" or if they cant do that, then i need to be given the benefit of the doubt.
    I guess the difference between a car and a person is that the car is very definite. All the parts, engine, breaks, radiator etc are all similar from car to car. So you can know EXACTLY what a car's suppose to be like. People are a great deal fuzzier... and we think we know how others are because we know how we'll feel. Unfortunately the assumption that people see things the same is dead wrong. But still they can't help but do it anyways.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I ask for both you and Gray to consider that people attempting to put themselves in your shoes may seem to be projecting. Also consider that they may be forced to place some level of motivation upon you if you don't allow for your own internal motivation to make itself apparent once in a while. It doesn't seem far-fetched to me that a purely T-type may consider "projection" to be any person attempting to make any sort of connection to you through the most primal of functions, the emotional.

If people around you are criticizing you unduly or unfairly, that's another matter entirely.

Also be aware that ISTPs above just about any type feel the removal of anything personally perceived to be freedom like tiny tiny bloody cuts. You have to articulate (as tiresome as that may be) to people where your boundaries are.
    Usually the way I look at it is if you only have a problem with one person, it may be the other person, but if you have a problem with alot of people then it is probably you(not pointing the finger at you pink, just people in general)

The only relationship I need is with my dog.

I wish I had a dog...

MBTI
    ENFP

really like ISTPs I don't kow if we would be good in a relationship together but friendships with them are fun.. definately alot of fun... and there is a sparkle to the partnership too!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    The only relationship I need is with my dog.

I wish I had a dog...
    I most certainly laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brouhaha View Post
    I most certainly laughed.
    I didn't mean that as a joke, but I can see how it could come across as one.

ISTPs and ENFPs dont work out so well. At least for the ENFP. You have to build really big walls to avoid the pain caused by thier obliviousness. I could never be honest to the core with him as he was just unaware and would slice me to pieces...I could never share the Ne that overflows, as he just trampled it under his Sensing.

"are you still talking?"

One night he and his friends broke a whole collection of little planters my mom had bought for our nursury/dining room when we were expecting our child. They chunked pennies at them while I was working and I came home and there were shards of glass everywhere. The planters were stupid and ugly but my mom loved me enought to go find them and give them to me. Ten years later he still did not understand.

When i would be happy, he would say be quiet I was being too loud. When I would play outside and feel the sun, he would complain that I didnt spend time with him-watching TV on the couch.

On new years eve of 1999 instead of running and dancing under the stars, we went to bed as only "lame, stupid people" were dancing under the stars.

When I was so sick for months on end, and no one knew what was wrong, he said "Its too bad our marriage is over"

I got well again and he could not understand why our marrige was really over.

There is a whole universe of things inside of me that he never understood and I could never show him. There is such wideth and depth and powerful sways of feeling, yet he could not see it. It was as if he was blinded to it.

never trap an enfp with an istp.

MBTI
    ISTP

@happy puppy. Your istp sounds like an asshole. (no offense). I somehow have wound up becoming the personal psychologist for everyone I've ever been close to (Note: I don't mind being it).....so I kind of disagree with what you've said being indicative of all of us.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    ISTPs and ENFPs dont work out so well. At least for the ENFP. You have to build really big walls to avoid the pain caused by thier obliviousness. I could never be honest to the core with him as he was just unaware and would slice me to pieces...I could never share the Ne that overflows, as he just trampled it under his Sensing.

"are you still talking?"

One night he and his friends broke a whole collection of little planters my mom had bought for our nursury/dining room when we were expecting our child. They chunked pennies at them while I was working and I came home and there were shards of glass everywhere. The planters were stupid and ugly but my mom loved me enought to go find them and give them to me. Ten years later he still did not understand.

When i would be happy, he would say be quiet I was being too loud. When I would play outside and feel the sun, he would complain that I didnt spend time with him-watching TV on the couch.

On new years eve of 1999 instead of running and dancing under the stars, we went to bed as only "lame, stupid people" were dancing under the stars.

When I was so sick for months on end, and no one knew what was wrong, he said "Its too bad our marriage is over"

I got well again and he could not understand why our marrige was really over.

There is a whole universe of things inside of me that he never understood and I could never show him. There is such wideth and depth and powerful sways of feeling, yet he could not see it. It was as if he was blinded to it.

never trap an enfp with an istp.
    Hahahaa, interesting!!!

In certain respects I did feel stifled by my ISTP ex, my feelings were always devalued, my ideas and beliefs, (or many of them, at least) were always irrational.

If he didn't get something, it often meant it didn't exist, if that makes sense, and he didn't get a lot of things about me and they way I perceived things.

But, I must say, in many ways his earthiness fostered and facilitated my earthiness, there was always a sense of reality, application, experience and practice, or simply, *doing-ness* when I was with him.

Eh, but he could be boring and predictable with his constant need to be utilitarian and practical about things.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles