User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default ISTP and ENTJ confusion

Well I got to know now some MBTI personalities step-by-step. The majority of them, I still dont know.

Some question here, if you would hypothetically compare an ISTP with an ENTJ. What could be significant differences in their style of apperance and acting ?

Wont say more at this point, I want your pure opinion, if you have one . And thx in advance
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENTJ = looks at candy bar and contemplates how he might use the deliciousness of candy bars to assemble a large army to take over a small Asian country

ISTP = just eats the candy bar and gets on with his life
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ok, I will give you something more, guess otherwise the question goes in the wrong direction.

See my dad is around 50 years old, I wildely guess. He is a plumper and because of that I automatically typed him ISTP. But I came to think about that and I think, I havent gave that enough thought. The problem is my parents are "stuck in a rut" (guess that's the way of naming it) for about 30 years. They have their things, they do their things and they love it. So that is my point of view. (you probably can hear out some entp frustration)

The thing is I do not think he is ISTP, I think he is ENTJ. I just lack the information to correctly assert that because he is not the man likely to give away information.

He runs his own business for exactly 25 years now and he does everything by himself (except his ten foot tall son is helping). He had 2 employees but one cheated him and the other, he only drilled and then the guy joined another company.

The thing is, my dad is so determined. Like a Te thing. He is dedicated to the job. He always was towards everything in his life. He is no unsensible person and he is very good with people, to attract new contracts and just recently he started getting intrested in new kinds of technology like solar energy and he does make money with it. That makes him an ENTJ, from my PoV.

On the other hand, he is the most practical man ever. He likes to speculate surely but he is better at practical issues. He is a man of integrity and his whole being radiates competency, when it comes to his job. Does that suffice to make him ISTP ?

The two most things I know for sure are that he is easily hurt, when it comes to his family doing him wrong (he has a lot of issues with my dumb uncles and I have also).
    And the other thing is that he most of the times has all the qualities of a big child. Something I would give a p credit for.

Maybe you can do something with that information.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Does that suffice to make him ISTP ?
    No... and put even more strongly, not at all. Job selection is not a good indicator, really, without taking into account a great many more personal factors, and the style in which they do the job.

I don't know enough to type him, but given what you say, ENTJ strongly outweighs ISTP (although ESTJ doesn't sound out of place here.)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes I think I do know too. I clearly need to reevaluate that whole family thing. My mum definitly ISFJ would fit in a pairing with a ENTJ. But if it's ENTJ or ESTJ I dont know either.

Have to rethink that.

Thx for your input

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What do you mean by "plumper"?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Being that you're considering two very different types, and apparently not others, I would suggest that you work on the individual preferences such as I/E.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yes, but you have to consider too that I lack understanding of the SJ and SP temperament. Therefore we can skip this part and concentrate on individual preferences

I'm an ISTP married for 17 years to an ENTJ. The main difference comes down to one word = EGO.

I don't know enough ISTPs and ENTJs to make general statements so I can only speak about us. The main differences for us are level of extraversion and his huge ego and domineering style. I'm a weak S and he's a weak N so I don't notice huge differences there and in terms of problem solving we are very similar and have low thresholds for bullsh_t and are fairly cut and dry about life. He has really well developed Se so we both like many of the same activities. If you asked him, he would tell you that we are quite similar - though I may not agree with that! Just thought I'd give you a more personal viewpoint.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thanks, I appreciate that. The things you talked about are exactly those things that made me unsure, if it's ENTJ or ISTP. He has alot of qualities of the ENTJ, like his dedication to his work that goes this far that there werent really much topics within our family besides the work.

But he is no domeneering persons, on the contrary, he is a nice man with a big mouth but he has his things and knows them and he will never go into arguement with you. I at least never were able to get him into arguement . He rather stalls away keeping his mouth. He does have the attitude that its best to say not too much and to look not that bright to be not feared by others. (Dont know if thats a trait of his generation)

I managed so far to think that he is indeed ENTJ and I am judging them wrong to the extent that I think they need to be evil patrons, to be able to be typed as ENTJ.