User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that. The things you talked about are exactly those things that made me unsure, if it's ENTJ or ISTP. He has alot of qualities of the ENTJ, like his dedication to his work that goes this far that there werent really much topics within our family besides the work.

But he is no domeneering persons, on the contrary, he is a nice man with a big mouth but he has his things and knows them and he will never go into arguement with you. I at least never were able to get him into arguement . He rather stalls away keeping his mouth. He does have the attitude that its best to say not too much and to look not that bright to be not feared by others. (Dont know if thats a trait of his generation)

I managed so far to think that he is indeed ENTJ and I am judging them wrong to the extent that I think they need to be evil patrons, to be able to be typed as ENTJ.
    I am in agreement with Pgats that you are still not providing sufficient information to determine his type. What you are providing are mere job related scenarios that could have created a superficial type based on your erroneous understanding of ISTP. Dedication to work does not define any type that enjoys what they do. Why does he enjoy this type of work is it because he allows him freedom to come and go, is it because he enjoys being of service, could it be that he enjoys the problem solving.

I would think that an ENTJ would be about building a one man or small operation into a large company then selling it and finding another venture. I am not sure why you picked the two types exclusively, but if you are considering ISTP merely for his choice of work then the job does not determine the man. He could be ESTP or any introverted type. Does he have a large number of acquaintances?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    I am in agreement with Pgats that you are still not providing sufficient information to determine his type. What you are providing are mere job related scenarios that could have created a superficial type based on your erroneous understanding of ISTP. Dedication to work does not define any type that enjoys what they do. Why does he enjoy this type of work is it because he allows him freedom to come and go, is it because he enjoys being of service, could it be that he enjoys the problem solving.

I would think that an ENTJ would be about building a one man or small operation into a large company then selling it and finding another venture. I am not sure why you picked the two types exclusively, but if you are considering ISTP merely for his choice of work then the job does not determine the man. He could be ESTP or any introverted type. Does he have a large number of acquaintances?
    Sorry, I feel it difficult to provide people with detailed information, but I still want to answer my question so, I will try:

Dedication to work does not define any type that enjoys what they do. Why does he enjoy this type of work is it because he allows him freedom to come and go, is it because he enjoys being of service, could it be that he enjoys the problem solving.
    He absolutely enjoys his work yes. It's the atmosphere you have there under the craftsman he likes. They are all a great buddymanship with their on pervert sense of humor . He loves the job and he is a perfectionist, what be builds will work, you can bet on that.

I would think that an ENTJ would be about building a one man or small operation into a large company then selling it and finding another venture.
    Yes and he is mostly into when it comes to finances. He made some money with financial dealings. He is a master of transfering liquids from one account to the other and he often implies that would have loved to study economics. Sometimes thought of him as an ISTJ, but this would be again confirmation biased.

He mainly talks about money, not details of his work. So compared with a typical mechanic for example, he is more to be the atypical one. The storehouse of information he has about his work related things, he never presents to the outside. In recent times he confronted me with new inventions in his sector and gave me insight into technical data. I guess that's because I am an engineer now. But before that, he never did that.

Money though was always a huge issue in my whole childhood. Very sadly that it were so, but I developed freely and wasnt bothered by it to a harmful extent, so its ok.

He always says, if there would be someone, who would buy his company for enough money, he will sign the contract and sell it. So this is another indicator in the ENTJ direction to me.

He has problems to get new customers at the moment and even though his company is not in danger, he constantly complains about it. He could run this way securely for the next 10 years and then goes to retirement, having left enough money. But instead he looks for new ways to find customers, invests in new talents, he fears the lack of wealth more than to see that he is absolutely caught in his wake. And even he is a century away from loosing his company, he still complains about it, not giving the money he wants. (And that year he make the same money like the last year, only the last 2 months now were bad, but he projects that on everything, "the ship is doomned now" ).

I am not sure why you picked the two types exclusively, but if you are considering ISTP merely for his choice of work then the job does not determine the man.
    Yes I am sorry. I know one guy I would type istp for sure and he is that practical craftsman. No job he really can not do and he pays proud in it. They are not all this way, I know, I just know to few of them yet. So I tend to misjudge that's true.

He could be ESTP or any introverted type. Does he have a large number of acquaintances?
    Of ESTP's I again really do now nothing and I even cant picture them in my mind. So I guess, the answer is: I dont know.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well I got to know now some MBTI personalities step-by-step. The majority of them, I still dont know.

Some question here, if you would hypothetically compare an ISTP with an ENTJ. What could be significant differences in their style of apperance and acting ?

Wont say more at this point, I want your pure opinion, if you have one . And thx in advance
    Right now I am dating an ISTP, and I am an ENTJ. The differences I noticed is that they are more impulsive, and horrible planners. She seems to be very clean, which is probally her sensory side. She is also very flighty it seems, well at least so far. ENTJ's tend to be messy as they do not focus on the present. We have an amazing relationship so far, not sure why.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

He sounds more ESTJ than ENTJ or ISTP but the descriptions are so vague. Hard to tell.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

I don't have the determination an ENTJ does, nor do I want it.

Look at principles. EJ are very principle based and IP are erythromycin situation based. Principles while they may be more logical based on the principle, are not when based on the situation. They have a detached nature from what is and is attached to what they think. We are more attached to what is and not as much what we think. Sounds strange, but that's how Te vs Ti appears externally.

Extroverting thought vs introverting it. Te introverting certain thoughts cause them to want to explode. Ti we have to make the conscious effort to explode and extrovert
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    826 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I have a lot of stereotypical ISTP hobbies. I ride a motorcycle, snowboard, like to build... but honestly, I'm jealous as shit of ISTPs.

I love speed and the adrenaline that goes with it. But where I get a rush doing 75 MPH on the freeway, you guys are fucking Evil-Kinevil jumping a canyon or something.

And while I'm proud to say I can change my own brake pads, ISTPs are like, "Level loading on Call of Duty. Bored...time to change brake pads. Done. Level starting. Let's go!!!"

Fuck, that's some awesome shit. Don't be modest about it. Come on ISTPs. You know it's who you are.