User Tag List

First 123 Last

Mostly words. It's like I'm talking to myself, saying things like 'you must try to...' or 'today is Saturday so...........' "I need to........' Though when I think long term into the future I tend to imagine what it's going to be like by visualizing, but that's not reflective of my typical thoughts which tend to be more immediate and verbal.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post
    I think in words, pictures, and pictureless/wordless ideas equally. If that makes any sense at all.

Also: I think I'm in love with G-Virus' avatar.

Wait a second, I changed my avatar, which one was it that you liked?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Man, you guys gotta give us more descriptions of this image thinking. It sounds so freaking cool, seriously. Could you come up with a compare/contrast example, like my 1.76 liter one?
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

^ Oh gee. now you're making fun of my image thinking. what next.

haha just kidding..

If you tell me 1.76 liters, I think of a two liter bottle of coke with an eighth of the coke missing.

I think in images and viscerally

Dali

I tend to think in movies and internal dialogue. A little embarassing when I accidentally articulate the internal dialogue.

Every now and then, I also go into screensaver mode whereby my brain shuts off and all I see is a soft, fluffy cloud. 10 minutes of that and I'm mentally rejuvenated. My NF friends, with their constantly racing minds, don't understand that when I tell them I'm thinking of nothing, I really am thinking of nothing.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Wait a second, I changed my avatar, which one was it that you liked?
    I was referring to the turtle one originally, but I like this bear one too

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    7, 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    I tend to think in movies and internal dialogue. A little embarassing when I accidentally articulate the internal dialogue.
    I do that all the time too and/or laugh at the dialogue.

When I really need to relax, I only think in images. Sometimes it's sort of like a slide show, with visually interesting memories. Other times it's a visual problem to work out. For example, I might think about a building or space I've recently visited and try to work out how to decorate it with a particular theme. Or imagine creating a garden with colors and textures. Once the initial pictures are in place, it's easy to sort of 'pan' around the visual and add/delete details. It doesn't take any words to do this, so they just don't happen. It's also my visual version of 'counting sheep' to fall asleep.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

There is no conversion for me, doesn't matter if its words or pictures. Both work just as well.