User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post

"Tertiary Ni: "I can't possibly go along with this, 'cuz it's all a lie. It's all a set-up by the Man. I'd just be serving his interests and not my own. I'm not gonna be suckered by all this self-serving bull. No way, man, I gotta go my own way." Or "Why should I imitate the cool people? Despite their shiny clothes and social connections, they are still as vulnerable as anyone else.""

"...tertiary Ni can give ISFPs the will to hold to a belief even when others don't agree with it..."
    Been reading my mind?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Tertiary is imaginary.
    we fukin won boys
    Likes Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I find if I leave it alone for a bit, sometimes, all of a sudden (and when I'm not even conscious of thinking of it) a fully-formed finished image will pop into my mind of what I want it to look like, and I use that for inspiration.
    Totally! If I cant think of how to do something at that moment I just ignore it (...or get pissed off, one or the other ) and then come back and think "EUREKA!"

We are the Knights who Say "Ni."
    Dont even get me started on that movie.
    Actually, I find Se the function related to spontaneity, not Ni. When I'm envisioning how something could be, I'm not interacting with what's happening at the moment. I'm purposely mentally detaching myself. Or maybe I misunderstood you -- you're saying we use it in tandem with Se in the present moment to change something about real life, right here and now? I can see how it could work that way as long as it works together with Se, and Se is the more dominant function.
    I find that 99% of my humor comes from weird ideas that pop in my head from what happened now, leading to a LOT of one-liners. I don't think I can really use Ni without Se. Well, my planning is pretty quick 'Okay the TV wont fit, so lets flip stuff around' - I don't usually find the most efficient way the first time (Or second).

Another with tertiary Ni, since its more spontaneous since it supports Se, it leads to sudden insight (Like when I play Halo 3 with friends, I suddenly learn to step back and shoot the Assault Rifle instead of try and hit them again. And it works!). Its a short-range planning, more shotgun than tripmine (Where you need to use strategy to lay down)
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Tertiary is imaginary.
    My tertiary seems to represent my imagination.

MBTI
    ENTP

no 'cause it's not real.
    srrynub.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

no 'cause it's not real.
    srrynub.
    Please extrapolate on that statement.

Dost thou mean that things in the head are imaginary? Well of course they are!

Why you had to add srrnub, I must guess it was a form of elitist behavior associated with Highschool jocks, Lawyers, ESTPs and my little brother.

Now do you want to associate with people like my little brother!?
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

MBTI
    ENTP

If your brother doesn't believe that tertiary functions exist, then I'd love to meet him.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't think he knows what MBTI is. So I guess he does not believe Tertiary functions exist... OR he just doesn't care and thus that is all void.

You still need to extrapolate.

( Thus the topic derails and the passengers scream as the cars of the train crumple into each other like forcibly stacked cardboard boxes )

-Nightwish

no 'cause it's not real.
    srrynub.
    Of course it's not real! What is real in MBTI!?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

well..if this is relavant to this thread, I'd like to add that my best friend is an ESFP and even though he isn't formiliar with the MBTI, he always tells me that I bring out the true nature of him, and that he's always himself around me..which I have sort of taken as dominant SP showing..if you know at all what I'm talking about.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?