User Tag List

123 Last

Default easier to get on with a stupid S than a clever S?

ok maybe srtupid is a harsh word, but...you'll all get over it. and no-one is going to define themselves as stupid, so no-one need be offended

clever S's are very sharp, witty and observant...they can tear an N apart and they are very good at the things we aren't good at

a stupid sensor however can be almost like an N on some level, because they react slowly to sensual stimuli just like us,and they may actually fall back on some badly used N...making them quite tolerable, comforting etc.
    jut a thought...but N's can use our bad Se/Si to get on with them at the same level of Se/Si ability?
    dead man talking

heart on fire

I would rather be around compassionate S no matter their relative intelligence. If they show an effort to be compassionate and understanding about the little flaws I have that drive them nuts, then I can return the favor easily. It is just the ones who insist that I am the one in the absolute wrong that I cannot deal with.

I usually like ISFP because being INFP I can by-pass the S-N thing and relate to them Fi to Fi.

yes clever ISFP's tend to have a certain maount of "class" actually...I think in fact my original post only relates to ESXX, because smart ISXX's are generally not that liable to be as "on the ball", and are more thoughtful

I've liked ISFP women before, but there have been things that drove me mad about them as well.
    dead man talking

MBTI
    type

I'd prefer not to suffer fools of any type, please.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Qui Parla View Post
    yes clever ISFP's tend to have a certain maount of "class" actually...I think in fact my original post only relates to ESXX, because smart ISXX's are generally not that liable to be as "on the ball", and are more thoughtful

I've liked ISFP women before, but there have been things that drove me mad about them as well.
    I agree with both statements. They do seem to be deeper and yeah the one I am thinking about drives me nuts sometimes on certain issues but she's so sweet and for the most part considerate that I can deal with it. She's a very good friend and she brings out a mischevious side of me and we have a lot of fun.

She doesn't think she is creative but she really is. She doesn't think she is smart because she is not very abstract but she has a smartness about practical things that I wish I had more of. She has a big heart, consideration and compassion which I count as a greater virtue in a friend.

Really I do not mind S types at all so long as they can accept me as I am as well and not try to control me or change me or tell me my way is wrong. It is the ones who think they are always right and I am always wrong that really irk me.

MBTI
    ISTP

Trust me there are equal sides of dumb N or S types.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I'd prefer not to suffer fools of any type, please.
    Ditto.

I'm married to a brilliant, albeit very rigid, ISTJ. He does often think he's Always Right, however often when a solution to a problem presents itself, it turns out I was right. As a result, he defers to me a lot, whether it's because he loves me or he knows I'm smart (intelligence is a big deal to him); so I'm happy, too. We have Those Moments, but by and large it works for us. We have similar goals in life and we have similar backgrounds / upbringing. Having the same kinks doens't hurt either.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would still prefer the clever S over the stupid one. Actually, all my S friends are very clever. But my friends all tend to have an IQ of 120 or more. I don't go very well along with dumb people, it seems like. I tend to act supercilious around them and not respect them.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have noticed that people strongly tend to get along best with people close to their own intellectual level, whether S or N. People who are far smarter are good for expert advice but too confusing/different for friends really. Likewise with people who are far less intelligent (though again they are sometimes useful for consultation in areas of their expertise).

I would estimate that all my close friends (both S and N) and almost all my acquaintances fall within say, 10-20 IQ points of myself (disclaimer: IQ is unreliable, inaccurate, and so on, but it is used here as the only objective standard I can think of). I don't have any genius friends and neither do I have stupid friends. All of the very smart people I know seem to hang out together, and likewise with the less smart people.

Perhaps if you are finding that you relate only to unintelligent people, that tells you something about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I have noticed that people strongly tend to get along best with people close to their own intellectual level, whether S or N.
    I disagree.

I'm friends with a group of clever N's.

there are lots of smart ESXX's at my uni who are very sharp and educated, but who I just don't get on with, because they'll have no patience for a whimsical approach to things. perhaps you think they're too clever for me, but I just don't think that. they're clever in a different way, but by no "objective" measure, ie academic ability, are they "cleverer".

However, I can find it easy to get on with not conventionally clever sensors, because they aren't pretentious. seems to me that smart S's I know are very concerned with the "appearance" of being clever and they need you to be always "on your game", something I don't do very well. the not so clever or educated ones just don't give a fuck, and I can relate to that. I guess I present a modest face ot the world on purpose, and they present a modest face to the world by accident, so we get on. however, smart sensors I know, at least the ESXX ones but often the ISXX ones when you get to know them, are very concerned with presenting a clever face to the world too.
    dead man talking