User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

The clever, lazy, industrious, and stupid

I assume you got this stupid/clever dichotomy from here. Thief!

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Qui Parla View Post
    a stupid sensor however can be almost like an N on some level, because they react slowly to sensual stimuli just like us,and they may actually fall back on some badly used N...making them quite tolerable, comforting etc.
    jut a thought...but N's can use our bad Se/Si to get on with them at the same level of Se/Si ability?
    Regardless of intelligence, a good sensor is ... good at sensing.

Bad intuition - maybe.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    The clever, lazy, industrious, and stupid

I assume you got this stupid/clever dichotomy from here. Thief!
    Yep. And then used a time machine to take your idea back to 2007 to use it in a topic!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    XXFP

Layered meaning in **

Weird coincidence.

P.S. Post whoring is legit.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

OMG, that's hilarious! Especially as I read the whole thread through without noticing.:blushing:
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yep. And then used a time machine to take your idea back to 2007 to use it in a topic!
    Threadcromancy!
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    STP

ok maybe srtupid is a harsh word, but...you'll all get over it. and no-one is going to define themselves as stupid, so no-one need be offended

clever S's are very sharp, witty and observant...they can tear an N apart and they are very good at the things we aren't good at

a stupid sensor however can be almost like an N on some level, because they react slowly to sensual stimuli just like us,and they may actually fall back on some badly used N...making them quite tolerable, comforting etc.
    jut a thought...but N's can use our bad Se/Si to get on with them at the same level of Se/Si ability?
    Actually for an Se not so much Ss in general, they have to have a well developed Se and Fe before Si can really develop. This is because Fe causes us to care about the person we are in love with and Se allows us to figure out what they like So an Se with a strong Fe will figure out how to make your head spin

It all depends on circumstances really, but yes a stupid sensor can be as bad if not worse than an N.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

What defines stupid in any case?, there are lots of standards and definitions of intelligence. As for intelligence segregation among types, that is certainly not true. In my experience, people of largely varying types will hang out with each other, despite the intelligence rifts, what cojoins them is their intresets.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

ok maybe srtupid is a harsh word, but...you'll all get over it. and no-one is going to define themselves as stupid, so no-one need be offended

clever S's are very sharp, witty and observant...they can tear an N apart and they are very good at the things we aren't good at

To the Sensors: Is it easier to get along with a stupid N than a clever N?

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Finally, how do you that someone is "concerned" with presenting a clever face to the world? Everyone I know who is intelligent and functional tries to do the best at whatever it is they are engaged in, unless of course everyone is just pissing off and goofing around, so what does that have to do with "presenting a clever face to the world?" I think that's more likely a sign of a capable person applying themselves to the task at hand. They probably don't give a rat's ass if you or anybody else thinks they are clever or not, they know what their own capabilities/limitations are and are simply operating around them.

Thoughts?
    Salesmanship. A good hustler (one who is clever) may not possess a coventionally measured intelligence...but they may possess valuable insight. And you're right of course, they're trying to be the best at what they can do. Their preferences may lead them to using the qualities of showmanship or chicanery to achieve their ends. You're right also in that they may not "give a rat's ass" about perceptions....as long as it gets then (profitably) through the interaction. I don't literally mean to limit this to those in commissioned sales...this sort of behaviour would be aimed at getting what you want in any situation through the use of a sort of theatrical posturing that may or may not be compensating for intellectual deficits. These folks have found a way to survive that works well for them? That's the bottom line it seems.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Riva

correction - what you are not good at. not all the rest.

not all Ns are INFPs

again correction - what you are not good at. not all the rest of us.

not all Ns are INFPs