• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How do you deal with ESTPs?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
How I deal with ESTPs: simply touch their genitalia and then it's on till the break of dawn. :devil:

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
no, an estp didnt hurt me.
and my 'bf/ex bf'/whatever' was an estj, not that it matters, anyway
why i wrote about it was to understand
posting doesnt not = emotion

and uhhh..... my point was to prove my points???

"Sorry mitz but theres a-holes out there, if you want to blame 5% of the population and not talk to any of them cause of a few people than thats okay by me"

5? lets up it to 6% counting you

Unique

What are they?

You can't work it out?

Can be Insensitive or arrogant (unhealthy E/T traits)

Can arrive to things late (unhealthy P trait)

Can be stubborn (unhealthy sensorness but usually the P balances it out okay)

Sometimes taking action before theory can result in something bad

Various other stuff that I probably haven't thought of

Unique

no, an estp didnt hurt me.
and my 'bf/ex bf'/whatever' was an estj, not that it matters, anyway
why i wrote about it was to understand
posting doesnt not = emotion

and uhhh..... my point was to prove my points???

"Sorry mitz but theres a-holes out there, if you want to blame 5% of the population and not talk to any of them cause of a few people than thats okay by me"

5? lets up it to 6% counting you

I'm an asshole? Well sorry for thinking that despite your T you may have been hurt and sorry for caring

So... I was already considered an A-hole by yourself just by being an ESTP? I mean... thats okay... I guess.... :huh:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I thought being an asshole was a good thing for ENTPs?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
You can't work it out?

That's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about real flaws. Not just theory presumptions.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
well sorry
i thought the word 'asshole' was being used as a random replacement swear word for estp's in general

You can't work it out?

and always wanting to have the last word although theyre wrong?

+ 1

alright alright,
i'll let you have it
bai :]

Unique

well sorry
i thought the word 'asshole' was being used as a random replacement swear word for estp's in general

and always wanting to have the last word although theyre wrong?

+ 1

alright alright,
i'll let you have it
bai :]

Could be wrong, those were only theories.

alright alright I'll enable your ENTP argument, I know you love them

No YOU'RE wrong mitzy YEAH!!

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
23s4mo.jpg

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But really... You guys seemed to bulldoze over what I said about "dealing with" ESTPs. Most of the unhealthy ones that have bothered me I simply ignored. They got bothered by that and bored until they moved on. As for the HEALTHY ones... Deal with? Seriously?

ENFPGrphxGrl

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That's a very good question. I wish I knew myself. The CEO of my company is an ESTP and he makes my life living hell every day. I can't get another job because of the recession so I put up with his remarks behind my back to my boss about how I don't work overtime, he seems to forget the great work I do just a week prior, and it's just an ongoing criticism. Nothing is or will ever be good enough. Being an ENFP, he's killing me.

So I'm looking for the same answer as you without compromising my values. I won't play politics.

Unique

Heh ENFPGrphxGrl I was talking to Jeffster on vent the other day and he says you know you have an SP on your hands when you catch them talking on the phone bragging about how they can arrive late to work

But really... You guys seemed to bulldoze over what I said about "dealing with" ESTPs. Most of the unhealthy ones that have bothered me I simply ignored. They got bothered by that and bored until they moved on. As for the HEALTHY ones... Deal with? Seriously?

Sorry blacky I didn't say anything cause I agree with you, an unhealthy ESTP WILL GET BORED if you ignore them... there is no QUESTION on if they will become bored or not the only question is if you decide to re-enable them

Oh and yeah the healthy ones, they deal with themselves, very low maintenance

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

When will we be able to drop this P.C. "OMG JUST SO NOBODY GETS UPSET MY CRITICISMS OF THIS TYPE ONLY APPLY TO UNHEALTHY ONES OK PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THAT I'M SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT YOUR GROUP!!!" crap?

I'm so sick of the way people here throw around the word "unhealthy."

It's like saying, "Ok this doesn't apply to any blondes in the room!" before telling a dumb blonde joke. Seriously, nobody needs the disclaimer. If you're too dense to understand that typological criticisms are broad statements regarding the group as a whole and not specific statements intended to apply precisely to every individual member of the group, then go find yourself a hobby other than typology.

The rest of us will be waiting when the forum gets over its collective ego enough to accept that we're all guilty of some of the negative traits our types get accused of--that's where the stereotypes come from in the first place.

/rant

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When will we be able to drop this P.C. "OMG JUST SO NOBODY GETS UPSET MY CRITICISMS OF THIS TYPE ONLY APPLY TO UNHEALTHY ONES OK PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THAT I'M SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT YOUR GROUP!!!" crap?

It's like saying, "Ok this doesn't apply to any blondes in the room!" before telling a dumb blonde joke. Seriously, nobody needs the disclaimer. If you're too dense to understand that typological criticisms are broad statements regarding the group as a whole and not specific statements intended to apply precisely to every individual member of the group, then go find yourself a hobby other than typology.

The rest of us will be waiting when the forum gets over its collective ego enough to accept that we're all guilty of some of the negative traits our types get accused of--that's where the stereotypes come from in the first place.

/rant

Here you go then, a big dump of ENTP negative traits for you to frolic in:

:happy:

"Most of the weaker characteristics that are found in ENTPs are due to their dominant function of Extraverted Intuition overtaking the personality to the point that the other functions exist merely to serve its purposes. In such cases, an ENTP may show some or all of the following weaknesses in varying degrees:

· The inability to maintain a comfortable situation or relationship once its possibilities have been realized or exhausted.

· A tendency to consider careful or meticulous thinkers as unworthy plodders or time wasters.

· Blindness to the needs and feelings of others not directly involved in the ENTP’s current area of interest.

· A lack of sensitivity to the feelings and ways of those who might need reassurance, security or commitment.

· The inability to deal carefully and calmly with the finer details of a situation or work in progress.

· Becoming overly annoyed by minor setbacks or small things that have to be set right before the goal can be realized.

· A tendency to be arrogant or boastful, or to demean those who cannot see the same answers.

· Can often find themselves in bad situations by too quickly taking a big step forward or by being “too smart for their own good”.

Explanation of Problems

Nearly all of the problematic characteristics described above can be attributed in various degrees to the common ENTP problem of being so fascinated with their Extroverted Intuitions that they fail to develop a careful thinking process sufficient to balance it. Leaps of perception, new ideas and strange but fascinating juxtapositions are wonderful for the potential freshness and possible success they might bring. But if not carefully appraised and chosen wisely they can also take us far from the right path in life, take us from our friends, spoil our relationships and even bring personal or financial disaster. Without a well developed thinking function, the ENTP is always in danger of leaping over social, financial and personal constraints for the sake of following a new vision. This might be as simple as arousing the wrath of ones partner by suddenly deciding to by an expensive gadget or change something around the house without being concerned for their input or feelings, or as complex as allowing an ill considered entrepreneurial idea lead them into financial and social disaster, simply because the one sided vision of Extroverted Intuition does not recognize or count the amount of small but important details which need to be right before such ideas can be realized.

Without a solid thinking function, the ENTP can easily discount or fail to notice the essential ethics of social and interpersonal relationship, often considering themselves “above” or untouched by such limiting values and often discounting the possibility that their actions might be or hurtful or seen as unethical by others. It is not that the one sided ENTP is deliberately hurtful, but simply ignorant of the effects which can flow from their often compulsive need for change or need to show how clever or individual they are. In the ENTP, the lack of a well developed Feeling Function means that they must learn to “understand” feeling in both themselves and others and come to terms with its affects. This understanding can only come from thinking carefully about the ways feeling affects not only themselves, but others, and the importance others place on this function. The ENTP has a feeling function more or less global in character and one which does not judge fine differences. This inability to discriminate feelings can allow the ENTP to say and do much that leaves others in the cold, so an effort to think about the feeling process can be essential. Without the understanding this brings, the ENTP can separate themselves from the ground of their life, from the constancy of their friends and family and, without even realizing it, they can easily find themselves in untenable positions where, without support, they wonder why they are suddenly alone and lost.

Another significant problem arises where the ENTP has grown within or is locked by circumstances to an environment which limits their freedom or their ability to utilize their specific abilities. This forces the ENTP to narrow down their intuitive process to the point where it retains at least some freedom to operate within their life. Under such conditions however, the intuition is free only to range over a small and limited field of vision, a field which usually consists only of the very things the ENTP is normally unconcerned about: the small details of life and its familiar objects. Without the ability to take stock and apply careful thought to the ways they might expand their horizons, the ENTP in such situations can become morose, niggardly and obsessed with the most minor or intangible details – to the point where such minutiae fill their life and each day becomes a frustrating process of eliminating again and again the little problems which ever seem to stand in the way of the “big” picture – a picture which, as those around them know only too well, will never be realized."

---None of us are perfect!!!---------------------

;)

-Alex

Unique

/rant

Not really the same thing

Cause a stereotype about certain MBTI types will NOT necessary apply to ALL of that particular type

Where as a blonde joke is a blonde joke... no matter what

In conclusion

There are bad people and good people of every type and I see nothing wrong with people explaining with unhealthy/healthy

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla:

Yup, ENTPs do all kinds of obnoxious shit, and I don't need a bullshit disclaimer about how it's only "unhealthy" ones. Nobody is perfect and we all do stuff that is annoying to other types, "healthy" or not.

Unique:

Missed the point by a mile and a half.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla:

Yup, ENTPs do all kinds of obnoxious shit, and I don't need a bullshit disclaimer about how it's only "unhealthy" ones. Nobody is perfect and we all do stuff that is annoying to other types, "healthy" or not.

I didn't say anything about "unhealthy" in my post above, tough guy. Why don't you watch your language, Mr. Dirty Pants?

I'm not going to get into a majorly unecessary discussion as to what "unhealthy" means when folks here have used it with regard to personality type.

Why don't you frame your comments in such a way that people might be compelled to give them credence? Your attitude is negative and pathetic.

I'm sorry you got beaten up on the playground when you were younger. Get over it. At this point you appear to be nothing more than a sardonic idiot. :chillpill:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Much as I've praised the ESTP in this thread already, and much as I respect you Halla and agree with much of what you say, I've gotta say that last post of yours was a bit... well, it sorta illustrates one of the few times when I find ESTP's rather difficult...

There's that teensy-weensy habit of occasionally sorta kinda bulldozing a li'l bit, and answering a point with an instant smear campaign that effectively ends all possibility for the person to really express themselves, whilst not really actually answering their point... I mean you kinda did there, somewhat demean the dude, whilst explicitly refusing to engage with his point...

(it's this habit that makes me feel like if I have to disagree strongly with my ESTP I've got to do it in a way that's reminiscent of a nervous Lord Chamberlain delivering unwelcome news to a capricious king that's prone to impulsively beheading people)

Don't like, beat me up or anything, but you totally just did that :yes:... *holds up the palms of peace*