• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How do you deal with ESTPs?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't say anything about "unhealthy" in my post above, tough guy. Why don't you watch your language, Mr. Dirty Pants?

I'm not going to get into a majorly unecessary discussion as to what "unhealthy" means when folks here have used it with regard to personality type.

Why don't you frame your comments in such a way that people might be compelled to give them credence? Your attitude is negative and pathetic.

I'm sorry you got beaten up on the playground when you were younger. Get over it. At this point you appear to be nothing more than a sardonic idiot. :chillpill:

Errr...I was agreeing with you, dude. What on earth...?

I don't even understand why you felt you needed a nasty response here.

The playground thing? What? This is...just bad. And a classic ESTP response too--angry, blunt, over the top and most of all irrelevant.

wolfy

awsm
For what it's worth I really enjoy reading about the negatives of my type. An ISFP. Really the strengths of your type are also the weaknesses of your type. You can't really have one without the other.
All differentiating factors seem to often be washed out so as not to offend anybody. But the sad effect is if there is nothing to clearly define each type then there is also nothing to learn from the descriptions.
Everybody is trying to find balance but the truth is we as humans fluctuate from an unhealthy state to a healthy state. At least that is what I do.
An ESTP is blunt=An ESTP is direct. Two sides of the same coin.

No matter how thin you slice it there is always two sides.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ So do I, it's constructive.

I never even said or implied that Halla had used the word "unhealthy" in his post; somehow the fact that I was complaining about this in general convinced him that it must be directed at him personally. I don't see why.

Then he took the favorite ESTP tactic of making up an irrelevant insult ("You got beat up on the playground as a child"? Seriously?) and trying to out-boast the opponent instead of making any kind of useful contribution to the discussion at hand.

That's the difference between ESTP and ENTP argumentation styles: we both use insults, but ours are accompanied by legitimate logical refutations, and theirs aren't. If they can get their STP buddies to laugh because they called you a commie-loving fagtard, in their minds, they've succeeded, relevant points be damned. Se has established brute-force physical dominance and that's all that matters at present moment.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The playground thing? What? This is...just bad. And a classic ESTP response too--angry, blunt, over the top and most of all irrelevant.

I don't see how you were agreeing with me when you stated that I issued a "bullshit disclaimer." At any rate your words were harsh, and mine were as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left, and here we are. Cheers to all.

Unique

Dw too much simulatedworld

I'm pretty sure mitzy got him warmed up before to the ENTPs ;)

You both have valid points, you were having a bit of a dig for people who use the words "unhealthy/healthy" to describe types... might of been an unwarranted attack that halla used at ENTP weaknesses but as I said above haha

lol but ANYWAY

What was the point I missed? Could you rephrase? :D

Unique

^ So do I, it's constructive.

I never even said or implied that Halla had used the word "unhealthy" in his post; somehow the fact that I was complaining about this in general convinced him that it must be directed at him personally. I don't see why.

Then he took the favorite ESTP tactic of making up an irrelevant insult ("You got beat up on the playground as a child"? Seriously?) and trying to out-boast the opponent instead of making any kind of useful contribution to the discussion at hand.

That's the difference between ESTP and ENTP argumentation styles: we both use insults, but ours are accompanied by legitimate logical refutations, and theirs aren't. If they can get their STP buddies to laugh because they called you a commie-loving fagtard, in their minds, they've succeeded, relevant points be damned. Se has established brute-force physical dominance and that's all that matters at present moment.

On the contrary (and I'm well aware this post is more directed at halla) Se with my back up Ti means my argument will always have logic, reason and relevant points and I don't believe being an N makes you less likely to use personal digs (from seemingly nowhere) from time to time.

I mean hell even my ENFP friend uses those, its essentially something ANYONE can use when they have run out of ammo :laugh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see how you were agreeing with me when you stated that I issued a "bullshit disclaimer." At any rate your words were harsh, and mine were as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left, and here we are. Cheers to all.

Fair enough. I didn't mean that you personally were using a bullshit disclaimer; in fact, it's more F types that tend to do it. That one really had nothing to do with you.

But no reason to hold a grudge. Likewise on the cheers, sir.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fair enough. I didn't mean that you personally were using a bullshit disclaimer; in fact, it's more F types that tend to do it. That one really had nothing to do with you.

But no reason to hold a grudge. Likewise on the cheers, sir.

Cool on that, it's all good, seriously. You and I seem to have a similar capacity to engage once our "fairness meter" goes into the red. I might have had a bad day and gone over the top, but I would not have if not felt disrespected. I honestly was a bit confused, but its water under the bridge at this point, I have never been one to hold a grudge, and I'd much rather figure out how use ENTPs and ESTPs are similar than pissed at each other for no apparent good reason. Peace to you then, Sir! :D

D

Dali

When will we be able to drop this P.C. "OMG JUST SO NOBODY GETS UPSET MY CRITICISMS OF THIS TYPE ONLY APPLY TO UNHEALTHY ONES OK PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THAT I'M SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT YOUR GROUP!!!" crap?

I'm so sick of the way people here throw around the word "unhealthy."

It's like saying, "Ok this doesn't apply to any blondes in the room!" before telling a dumb blonde joke. Seriously, nobody needs the disclaimer. If you're too dense to understand that typological criticisms are broad statements regarding the group as a whole and not specific statements intended to apply precisely to every individual member of the group, then go find yourself a hobby other than typology.

The rest of us will be waiting when the forum gets over its collective ego enough to accept that we're all guilty of some of the negative traits our types get accused of--that's where the stereotypes come from in the first place.

/rant

+1

I've been using 'unhealthy' of late (when speaking of negative traits of all types) because, otherwise, feathers tend to get ruffled but it's good to see someone of a similar mindset here.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
The only ESTP I know on earth deserves to hold my spare shotgun cartriges, in his guts!

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My sister and I recently came to the conclusion that she is in fact an ESTP, not an ISTP based on her cognitive functions. She's just figured out how to channel her Se away from people and into explosions.

I deal with her by being on another coast and making frequent phone calls. She's much more fun when you're out of the blast radius.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How do you best deal with them... or should I be reduced to avoiding them altogether?

Mo

If I see one... I literally run away as fast as I can. Or hide. That's how I deal with ESTPs, and I suggest you do the same.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do ESTPs do to influence you to go away? If I see someone that's vastly different from me such as an ESTP, then I'll try to get on their wavelength. It's usually cool.

Unique

[sarcasm]

Ah what interesting claims there are in this thread, well I'm here to tell you that they are all true!

You are clearly scared of our ULTIMATE FOLLOW THROUGH with regards to conflict situations, as a perceiving type we are defiantly not lazy. no joke people!

Oh and as a type that is "Prone to get bored easily" we defiantly are going to keep on your back about things, we will ask you to do things all the time! Its just how we are!

Yep thats right, sources be dammed! ESTPs are a mean and nasty type who are defiantly not easy going PERCEIVING TYPES ARE NOT EASY GOING THEY ARE RUTHLESS I TELLZ YOU

We command you to do things! Why? Well it must be because we are EXTRAVERTED of course! Yes! that is why, didn't you know? all extraverts like to control everyone!

Oh and we are very EMOTIONALLY MANIPULATIVE thats right folks, despite our preference to Thinking its actually a trick, we know exactly how to use your emotions against you, we are actually emotion experts! Just like an F!

In conclusion the ESTP is no doubt a type you MUST AVOID AT ALL COSTS I mean it folks, they may seem like a friendly genuine person but don't be fooled! They don't really hate how the system works, they don't really hate their boss, they don't really want to have fun or want you to have fun

its alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
alllllllll
alllllll

just
one
big
trick

[/sarcasm]

Unique

Maybe the ESTP in question is just wanting his own way, as ThatGirl suggested, being needy but not giving back, maybe it comes accross to others as desire to manipulate but for the ESTP is not desire to manipulate for it's own sake but just living to have needs met.

You're actually on to something here

If you give give give to an ESTP, to us (unless its specified at the time) we don't owe you anything in return

I don't see this as neediness or manipulation on our end, in fact if you are giving to us and expecting something later in return without some kind of pre-warning that those favors weren't really 'just favors' you can be damn sure we will be pissed

Notice how SPs usually communicate by saying "You owe me one" *pat on the back* etc etc

If you don't communicate to us that we "owe you one" we take it as a gift and that is that.

If you are guilty of this sorry but I see you as the asshole, not me.

I dislike indian givers too :doh:

If you're one of these people just do us a favor and don't talk to us ever

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
My sister lives in LA and has repeatedly mentioned that she doesn't owe anyone anything unless it is specified well in advance. She has an excellent memory for the favours people owe her and if you can actually cite a real world incident in which she owes you a favour, you better believe she's going to follow through on it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mostly just avoid lending and borrowing. Also, when I have to, I will tend to set up a situation where the only comfortable or benefiting way for them is the way I want things to end up.

sculpting

I work with a herd of these folks. As soon as I moved into the department with them I wanted to give up hope. However quickly I started to appreciate what they are good at.

They are fucking hysterically funny.
They can sell anything.
They can be straightforward and honest of they are your friend.
They love life and live it with zeal.
They make for awesome parties
They make good bus dev people as they can play the game very well

To work productively:
Kepp it simple and to the point
no abstractions, no maybes.
Have data ready to support each point.
Dont assume they can see the future or be intuitive
understand how to make your problem "thier problem" :)

When you feel them manipulating you, call them on it, or just detour everything. It is almost always obvious what they are up to, maybe because they are trying to use Se-Ti tactics on me.

One of my very good friends is an estp and I admire her strength and her awesomeness.