• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How do you deal with ESTPs?

Unique

Yeah I'd say thats it, healthy ESTPs are pretty open to change/different point of view

eg. you just taught me something ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the title and thought "wait... people actually have to deal with ESTPs?"

The unhealthy ones I've run in to were pretty annoying, but they stopped bothering me after I stopped responding to them, I imagine they simply got bored.

But the healthy ones are pretty much fantastic.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I am pretty annoyed right now, so I am going to say exactly what is on my mind.

Saying that ESTPs are difficult to deal with is a generalization which is completely inaccurate, as well as others such relted to other types.
I don't agree with the whole point of this topic, which heavily implies that ESTPs are a difficult type. Which they are not.

Yeah, we are the coolest type ever. We speak what we think, which should make it so easy to communicate with us since you should know where you stand with us.
I even think I am way to polite when expressing my views, though others seem to think I am way to blunt.

I think we are also great, cuz we can go with da flow, which I highly doubt that those who feel a constant need to investigate and control and explain aspects of life, such as the ones who invented the type thing, can do.

And to end this, all types are great, though I tend to disregard those with J, because I have a hard time understanding them.
And I think that in terms of healthy ESTPs, you will loose great stuff if you think they are difficult to deal with!
And yeah, I think we are pretty much self-obsessed.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Saying that ESTPs are difficult to deal with is a generalization which is completely inaccurate, as well as others such relted to other types.
I don't agree with the whole point of this topic, which heavily implies that ESTPs are a difficult type. Which they are not.

Yeah, we are the coolest type ever. We speak what we think, which should make it so easy to communicate with us since you should know where you stand with us.
I even think I am way to polite when expressing my views, though others seem to think I am way to blunt.

I think we are also great, cuz we can go with da flow, which I highly doubt that those who feel a constant need to investigate and control and explain aspects of life, such as the ones who invented the type thing, can do.

And to end this, all types are great, though I tend to disregard those with J, because I have a hard time understanding them.
And I think that in terms of healthy ESTPs, you will loose great stuff if you think they are difficult to deal with!

My little sister speaks the truth better than I could ever on this one. +1,000!!!

;)

Go Me_Plus_One! :hug:

Unique

Wait... she's your sister? Well there you go!

Mos mate/father/whoever ESTP this is has GOT to be boarder line J

There is just no WAY a P type is going to ask you to do things for the sake of getting them done... and emotionally manipulate you? I must be missing something cause I'm emotionally detached... oh wait... could it be that I'm a Thinking type?

Seriously I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to "emotional manipulation"

Also I can't picture any SP not wanting those around them to not be having fun, to not be enjoying things

I believe ESTPs that actually want you to do something are going to get you to do it willingly and happily

If that fails they either give up/get bored or they use their Ti to see if they were not being fair in asking you for the favor, think of a new angle, offer more in return... etc

But as I said... why would an ESTP care about that kind of stuff? Why would an ESTP care about controlling people?

People follow us, we don't need to manipulate them for that to happen, its just how it is

Yeah there are unhealthy ESTPs out there, but they are SPs none the less, prone to getting bored... if you ignore an ESTP I can't imagine them bothering you for long

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait... she's your sister? Well there you go!

Mos mate/father/whoever ESTP this is has GOT to be boarder line J

There is just no WAY a P type is going to ask you to do things for the sake of getting them done... and emotionally manipulate you? I must be missing something cause I'm emotionally detached... oh wait... could it be that I'm a Thinking type?

Seriously I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to "emotional manipulation"

Also I can't picture any SP not wanting those around them to not be having fun, to not be enjoying things

I believe ESTPs that actually want you to do something are going to get you to do it willingly and happily

If that fails they either give up/get bored or they use their Ti to see if they were not being fair in asking you for the favor, think of a new angle, offer more in return... etc

But as I said... why would an ESTP care about that kind of stuff? Why would an ESTP care about controlling people?

People follow us, we don't need to manipulate them for that to happen, its just how it is

Yeah there are unhealthy ESTPs out there, but they are SPs none the less, prone to getting bored... if you ignore an ESTP I can't imagine them bothering you for long

Good stuff, Unique. It's nice to know that so many ESTPs on this board have voiced their disagreements (and backed them with sensible real life examples) with the "bad rap" that is often cast upon our type.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP

everyone speaks what they think and whats on their mind.
you can talk a lot but not say anything. its what you say that counts.
and estp's talk a lot of bullshit.

go wit da flow? other types are able to do that as well. some even go as far as to adapt and take advantage of the situations.

self obsessed? yes. in a blunt way which makes it arrogant and not very interesting. at least make it interesting?!

basically, i see nothing special or spectacular about them :rolleyes:
they seem too "stereotypical" to me

typical estp (if its a guy, its almost the same except more "macho" towards the end):

A female estp comes home...

- Hey, darling, I'm home!
- Cool!
- Don't you want to come and give me a kiss?
- Yeah, in a minute!
- Is something wrong?
- No, nothing's wrong!
- Are you not happy to see me?
- Of course I am happy to see you!
- So why don't you want to come then?
- I do, let me just finish something first!
- Is it more important to you than me?
- Oh, please, don't start!
- You don't love me, I know!
- Of course I do, don't be silly!
- If you loved me, you wouldn't do this to me!
- Do what?
- This!
- Just because I can't drop everything right this second, I don't love you?
- Not this!
- Then what?
- You don't want me anymore!
- What? Where does this come from?
- You should know better!
- Give me at least a hint!
- See? Now you are mad at me too! You hate me!
- I am not mad at you and I don't hate you! Now stop it!
- And you don't love me either!
- I love you, I love you, I love you! How many more times I have to say this?
- You don't mean it!
- I love you and I mean it! Now stop this nonsense, I have had enough of it!
- Maybe you have had enough of me too?
- Maybe...

Female ESTp breaks down in tears...

Unique

What's with all the needy sappy F sh*t mitzy?

If thats an impression of an ESTP then they must have bipolar or something !

Only difference with our stories is that we mix a bunch of stuff we have experienced and throw it together and the ENTPs throw together some wild hypothetical bull sh*t

Either is pretty funny/interesting

I read that dialogue and felt like I was watching unhealthy SJs on a soapy

But seriously... have you met a female ESTP? They are not very common... I know one and I don't think I've ever seen her cry or be needy like that

But I figured you didn't know what you were talking about after you said we were an "arrogant" type then make us appear "needy" in a dialogue

PS. You being ironic... that meant to be interesting?

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP

Only difference with our stories is that we mix a bunch of stuff we have experienced and throw it together and the ENTPs throw together some wild hypothetical bull sh*t

But seriously... have you met a female ESTP? They are not very common... I know one and I don't think I've ever seen her cry or be needy like that

But I figured you didn't know what you were talking about after you said we were an "arrogant" type then make us appear "needy" in a dialogue

nope, it fits. thats how a lot are in relationships.
i didnt make the dialogue up, its from socionics.com and i thought it was funny.
i dont know many females in general and i wasnt referring it to them; it was just already in female dialogue. the males are pretty much the same except like i said, a lot more "macho" in the end.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No shit Mitzy, you are one ESTP hating ENTP. You've boasted of taming your ESTP boyfriend/ex-BF/whatever and said some other derogatory shit.

Stereotypical? Much like your typical "I'm ENTP and thus rule the world by denigrating everyone else BS." And you've even indicated recently you don't know if your E/I so you really can't claim your stereotypical ENTP shit anymore. You need to relax I think. The description of an ESTP you posted is from the Socionics site which has in my opinion some of the WORST type descriptions ever (I know you like them Unique, but this is my rant, sorry). Maybe your jealous of us as a type because we can converse with people in an enjoyable and productive manner without being compelled to attempt demonstrating an assumed sense of type superiority? Whatever. Take a chill pill and stop your hating. Please, it's getting boring.

:chillpill:

Unique

seriously? cause if so I've lost some (edit. MOST) of my respect for socionics... cause that dialogue is just plain stupid! For any type!

Oh and I almost felt like throwing up a little when I read it... so I highly doubt that "it fits"

Even with added macho that conversation just wouldn't ever happen to me and I can bet that the other ESTPs here would feel the same way

- I love you, I love you, I love you! How many more times I have to say this?
- You don't mean it!

Yuck! If those words really did come out of an ESTPs mouth then as I said

DEPRESSION ISSUES MUCH......

lol

But seriously, I think we all know that dialogue was made up and an ESTP would never act in that way

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Geez, somebody has a grudge on ESTPs.

What the hell? No, most of the people don't speak what's on their minds. If that happened, all the love in the world would be gone.

But then go ahead, hate us. All types are the same and if you think we're boring, that's too bad. I won't sleep at nights.

everyone speaks what they think and whats on their mind.
you can talk a lot but not say anything. its what you say that counts.
and estp's talk a lot of bullshit.

go wit da flow? other types are able to do that as well. some even go as far as to adapt and take advantage of the situations.

self obsessed? yes. in a blunt way which makes it arrogant and not very interesting. at least make it interesting?!

basically, i see nothing special or spectacular about them :rolleyes:
they seem too "stereotypical" to me
[/I]

There is something I don't get in your argumentation, you think that all the representants of a type are stereotypical? In what way? The very definition of a type means that all of them have common traits, thus sharing a stereotype.
That's only crap, and to me it's "stereotypical" ENTP behavior, trying to prove your point even if all others arguments overcome yours and after acknowledging that, only going on, all the time being convinced you were right all along.

Yeah, I've seen that in my ENTP friend.
According to your posts, the conclusion is that ENTPs are all sort of "stereotypical", because they all behave the same blah blah.

Yeah, I understand that some can be bothered by ESTPs, but don't try to convince us we are some kind of monkey species.

What exactly proves your case? Stop making up arguments that don't exist! Or twisting what has been said to make itlook you were right all along.

Unique

cool, thanks for proving my case

Who me?

I'm fairly sure I proved nothing

Unless my disapproval of a stupid dialogue proves something

If you believe everything on socionics Mitzy than all the best, They do have some good information too but as for that dialogue I can't say I agree, sounds like it was written with an ESTP bias to be honest... (and by a 5yr old)

Btw if you have an ESTP bias Mitzy then we can't be friends :ohmy:

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
have i mentioned that estp's get offensive over the smallest things?
theyre also blinded by their own faults and flaws
cant see nor accept them and are just unable to
at least other types can take notice and face/recognize the FACTS

in this thread everyone whos not an estp has probably said a few negative things about them. whereas all the ones who are, have been saying "NO THATS NOT TRUE!"
to you, everything that is seen, is all there is. you dont understand that theres just more to it
so you deny everything.

and stereotypical as in the stereotypical man in whats seen in society

either way, i really dont care, its a useless case.
i just wanted to make my point

p.s.
the scionics quote was posted to be as seen as a funny joke/example
ive seen it happen before
ive experienced it happened before
but of course, i should have known that you wouldnt be able to get it..

Unique

I'm flawed, not perfect
I recognize what my flaws are
Anything I disagreed to wasn't to defend my type

What exactly is your point?

You're kinda like ESTPs in some ways anyway, you might be an N but does that make you instantly able to see your own flaws? or make facts more clear?...

Did an ESTP hurt you?

Sorry mitz but theres a-holes out there, if you want to blame 5% of the population and not talk to any of them cause of a few people than thats okay by me

But a good person knows that there are good and bad people of all mbti types

I don't like some ENTPs for example and love others

I think you're a good ENTP, one that was done wrong by some bad ESTPs

But would you do this mitz?

Would you take 4 letters and think you know a person?

Is that the kinda person you are?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm flawed, not perfect
I recognize what my flaws are
What are they?
Anything I disagreed to wasn't to defend my type

What exactly is your point?

You're kinda like ESTPs in some ways anyway, you might be an N but does that make you instantly able to see your own flaws? or make facts more clear?...
I don't remember the OP anymore.

But would you do this mitz?

Would you take 4 letters and think you know a person?

Is that the kinda person you are?
It's an ENTP thing. See, we take those four letters, and extrapolate based on that. It's like what Horatio and other CSIs do. They look at a few clues, and figure out the whole crime based on that.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Deal with ESTPs?? Is that a serious question?? More importantly, how do you stay away from them?!

phoenity

have i mentioned that estp's get offensive over the smallest things?
theyre also blinded by their own faults and flaws
cant see nor accept them and are just unable to
at least other types can take notice and face/recognize the FACTS

in this thread everyone whos not an estp has probably said a few negative things about them. whereas all the ones who are, have been saying "NO THATS NOT TRUE!"
to you, everything that is seen, is all there is. you dont understand that theres just more to it
so you deny everything.

and stereotypical as in the stereotypical man in whats seen in society

either way, i really dont care, its a useless case.
i just wanted to make my point

p.s.
the scionics quote was posted to be as seen as a funny joke/example
ive seen it happen before
ive experienced it happened before
but of course, i should have known that you wouldnt be able to get it..

Funny, this sounds very ENTPish, much in the way my ENTP friend and ESTP friend bicker.

But from my external point of view, they end up looking the same, and neither of them can see it.

I still like them both :)