User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You need some leverage. Something they want. Those are the rules the type of person you're describing whether ESTP or ESTJ deals in.
    Yes, that is about the only way to make an unattached ESTP come back to you. ESTJ, too. Good insight.
    Speak Truthfully, Act Righteously

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Can't say I've ever felt the need to manipulate or control others... sounds more like something my ESTJ father would do. I'm more into freedom of the people.

Could you be a little more specific?

That is brilliant manipulation in itself! You may not have felt...but you do manipulate...Just look: It's a paradox you write words which deflect the focus towards commentary on your father (something obviously nobody here knows about most likely)

...yet ask for specificity from Luke..

How about being specific accountable to the context of the question? Or do you just want to go off subject again?

We're all here to learn. You're making it a bit challenging..which I enjoy but is not the focus of this question.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Ha, my bff is ESTP, and it's really kind of an art dealing with him. Basically, you don't ignore them. They don't like that, at all. Instead, stand your ground, but remember that half the time they're just pushy because....well, they are. It's not that they don't care about your feelings or anything. That's just how they do things, and they might not even realize it.
    Take what they say with humor. Question their motives. If they get dramatic, just sigh a lot and roll your eyes; even if they get insulted, they'll get over it, quickly. Yes, they do take things personally sometimes, but grudges really aren't their thing. They'll be presenting a new idea tomorrow with just as much zest.
    Once they learn that you really aren't interested in giving them whatever favors they want, they'll learn to back off a bit. Either they'll lose interest and move on to someone else, or they'll just kind of hang out with you for kicks. It's not so much because they're shallow or uncaring; it's just that they like to throw around ideas naturally, and sometimes they don't know how to deal with someone who doesn't know how to handle this part of them.

Or at least that's what I've observed.
    And you think that's as good as it gets for being treated well? I got news..ENTPs are so well suited for you...It would be like living in a dilapitated town all your life, never having been to a better place. Then going to a nice town and seeing how bad you had it. We get used to bad circumstances, like the frog slowly simmering to a boil-it never knew it's fate until it was too late! Some things are so relative.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    On threatened me only because I asked him to pick up his litter. I just stood there with a on my face.

ESTJs are fun. When I'm around they are prevaricating to impress. Correcting them makes it enjoyable.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmmm. I can't speak for the ESTP population at large, but a dear friend of mine is an ESTP - and she is well-liked by pretty much everyone.

I would not call her confrontational nor likely to take criticism personally. The one bad habit she has is speaking before she thinks, and coming out sounding harsh because of it - but she's working on it, and has learned tact. She is a very balanced person with her priorities straight and excels at interacting with people. She's open-minded, and inclined to like people until they give her a reason not to - can even come across as somewhat naive at times. She genuinely cares, but isn't apt to express it as much as me, for example. That's just who she is. An extreme 'F' may occasionally take to heart some of her flippant comments - but they're never meant maliciously, and once you get to know her you come to realize this.

Sounds like perhaps ya'll have been dealing with unhealthy types.

Nice post FantailedWall but I was kinda hoping this old thread would just die.

It's got way too much misinformation for my liking.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Bad news, dude. You just extended it!

Nyah!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Is this post a candidate for locking by ADMIN???

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Stereotypes suck

Will be quiet now so as not to extend thread further.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Is this post a candidate for locking by ADMIN???

LOL, you'd like that wouldn't you?

I've learnt quite a bit, A LOT even, from this thread and it's helped smooth relations with my father and my ESTP brother.

So much for 'misinformation'.

Mo