User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Really? Weird! The biggest mooches I've known have been NFP's, consistently throughout my life.

After reading your comment, I wondered if my ESTP guy is more independent because of the way his parents raised him, but I realized that my other good ESTP friend comes from a family of irresponsible people and hasn't really had anyone from whom she could learn. She's very generous with her money and takes full responsibility for herself. Strange. I wonder what the experiences of others have been with regards to ESTP's and mooching.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Well, I'm not saying that ESTPs are mooches by any stretch, merely pointing out that assholery knows no type.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Yeah, the way that the mind of each type is setup sometimes things can go either way. I could see both scenarios being played out because the person is an ESTP. I think that being independent is more of an ESTP trait, though. It's just that mooching and squeezing money out of others can come easier to us.

Personally I love making my own money and I'm quite generous. I hardly think about being paid back. Having to get rides has always been a pain for me because I'd rather have my own car.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Personally I love making my own money and I'm quite generous. I hardly think about being paid back. Having to get rides has always been a pain for me because I'd rather have my own car.
    THIS! I never show up to a party wihtout calling ahead and asking if the host needs ice, beer, vodka, mixers, etc.

I will not be dependent on others for transportation, becasue if I am sick of being somewhere, I am leaving. I cannot tolerate boredom.

Anytime I have given anything to anybody it has been out of kindness that I respect nothing in return for. Some people get caught off guard by random acts of kindness, especially those with an avoidant mode of attachment, and when they ask "Wow. What do you want in return?" and I say "Nothing. It is yours, I thought you'd like it, I want nothing in return." they look at me like I'm an alien.

I am generous to a fault, but I am very consistent, and have found that more often than not, what is a trivial self sacrifice to me is able to brighten the hell out of someone else's day. That's a nice feeling.

As for the fellow whose trying to negotiate others to pay for his nickelbags, well, that's his deal, hardly and ESTP-ism. Jenocyde said it best: "Assholery knows no type."

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

As for the fellow whose trying to negotiate others to pay for his nickelbags, well, that's his deal, hardly and ESTP-ism. Jenocyde said it best: "Assholery knows no type."
    I actually enjoyed watching an INFP call someone a "fuckface."
    What is this nonsense of people thinking every little nuance has to equate to a specific type?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Well, I'm not saying that ESTPs are mooches by any stretch, merely pointing out that assholery knows no type.
    Unfortunately, I think moochery is endemic to both ExTP types.

^ I think mooches are pussies.
    Halla is no pussy.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    an intense need to manipulate and control other people.
    I have a similar experience, actually, including the draining confrontations that to them seem almost energising. They may not consciously manipulate people, but the results can be devastating. People that don't play their game and don't give them what they want become "bad people". IME, ESTPs can be very selfish and use their logic skills in flawed and self-serving ways just to get what they want at that given moment. They can easily justify to themselves not taking responsibilty for anything for example and will guilt people into feeling bad about not massaging their fragile egos enough while claiming that they don't care about how other people see them at all. Guilt and denial, I think, are the strongest weapons of the unbalanced ESTP. The car salesmen of MBTI land. :p

It does seem to go in phases, but at their worst, I detach completely. Their tactics offend me and I don't respond to them.

I said IME, right, no doubt there are ESTPs that don't go overboard with their natural talents.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Unfortunately, I think moochery is endemic to both ExTP types.
    I've seen hard workers of every type, and lazy people of every type. Maybe mooching is just another general character flaw, similar to laziness, that could be seen in any type.

Knowing my ESTP SO and friend, it's just hard for me to imagine an ESTP mooching. The ones I know really are super independent. If an ESTP mooches off someone, I wonder if a lot of the appeal is about the mental game of trying to convince someone to do what the ESTP wants.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I've seen hard workers of every type, and lazy people of every type. Maybe mooching is just another general character flaw, similar to laziness, that could be seen in any type.

Knowing my ESTP SO and friend, it's just hard for me to imagine an ESTP mooching. The ones I know really are super independent. If an ESTP mooches off someone, I wonder if a lot of the appeal is about the mental game of trying to convince someone to do what the ESTP wants.
    It's not so much mooching for the sake of mooching, as much as it is the tendency to be in situations where someone will have something that our types need to accomplish a goal, and very little personal reservation toward asking for it. That can be interpreted as mooching.

At the same time, when we have resources, we tend to be fairly generous with them. There's a concern that others don't recognize this when we ask for things from them.