Same result
    Haaa! Love it! Very astute!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The only ESTP I know on earth deserves to hold my spare shotgun cartriges, in his guts!

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My sister and I recently came to the conclusion that she is in fact an ESTP, not an ISTP based on her cognitive functions. She's just figured out how to channel her Se away from people and into explosions.

I deal with her by being on another coast and making frequent phone calls. She's much more fun when you're out of the blast radius.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    How do you best deal with them... or should I be reduced to avoiding them altogether?

Mo
    If I see one... I literally run away as fast as I can. Or hide. That's how I deal with ESTPs, and I suggest you do the same.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What do ESTPs do to influence you to go away? If I see someone that's vastly different from me such as an ESTP, then I'll try to get on their wavelength. It's usually cool.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

[sarcasm]

Ah what interesting claims there are in this thread, well I'm here to tell you that they are all true!

You are clearly scared of our ULTIMATE FOLLOW THROUGH with regards to conflict situations, as a perceiving type we are defiantly not lazy. no joke people!

Oh and as a type that is "Prone to get bored easily" we defiantly are going to keep on your back about things, we will ask you to do things all the time! Its just how we are!

Yep thats right, sources be dammed! ESTPs are a mean and nasty type who are defiantly not easy going PERCEIVING TYPES ARE NOT EASY GOING THEY ARE RUTHLESS I TELLZ YOU

We command you to do things! Why? Well it must be because we are EXTRAVERTED of course! Yes! that is why, didn't you know? all extraverts like to control everyone!

Oh and we are very EMOTIONALLY MANIPULATIVE thats right folks, despite our preference to Thinking its actually a trick, we know exactly how to use your emotions against you, we are actually emotion experts! Just like an F!

In conclusion the ESTP is no doubt a type you MUST AVOID AT ALL COSTS I mean it folks, they may seem like a friendly genuine person but don't be fooled! They don't really hate how the system works, they don't really hate their boss, they don't really want to have fun or want you to have fun

its alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllll
    alllllllll
    alllllll

just
    one
    big
    trick

[/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Maybe the ESTP in question is just wanting his own way, as ThatGirl suggested, being needy but not giving back, maybe it comes accross to others as desire to manipulate but for the ESTP is not desire to manipulate for it's own sake but just living to have needs met.
    You're actually on to something here

If you give give give to an ESTP, to us (unless its specified at the time) we don't owe you anything in return

I don't see this as neediness or manipulation on our end, in fact if you are giving to us and expecting something later in return without some kind of pre-warning that those favors weren't really 'just favors' you can be damn sure we will be pissed

Notice how SPs usually communicate by saying "You owe me one" *pat on the back* etc etc

If you don't communicate to us that we "owe you one" we take it as a gift and that is that.

If you are guilty of this sorry but I see you as the asshole, not me.

I dislike indian givers too

If you're one of these people just do us a favor and don't talk to us ever

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

My sister lives in LA and has repeatedly mentioned that she doesn't owe anyone anything unless it is specified well in advance. She has an excellent memory for the favours people owe her and if you can actually cite a real world incident in which she owes you a favour, you better believe she's going to follow through on it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I mostly just avoid lending and borrowing. Also, when I have to, I will tend to set up a situation where the only comfortable or benefiting way for them is the way I want things to end up.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I work with a herd of these folks. As soon as I moved into the department with them I wanted to give up hope. However quickly I started to appreciate what they are good at.

They are fucking hysterically funny.
    They can sell anything.
    They can be straightforward and honest of they are your friend.
    They love life and live it with zeal.
    They make for awesome parties
    They make good bus dev people as they can play the game very well

To work productively:
    Kepp it simple and to the point
    no abstractions, no maybes.
    Have data ready to support each point.
    Dont assume they can see the future or be intuitive
    understand how to make your problem "thier problem"

When you feel them manipulating you, call them on it, or just detour everything. It is almost always obvious what they are up to, maybe because they are trying to use Se-Ti tactics on me.

One of my very good friends is an estp and I admire her strength and her awesomeness.