First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I didn't say anything about "unhealthy" in my post above, tough guy. Why don't you watch your language, Mr. Dirty Pants?

I'm not going to get into a majorly unecessary discussion as to what "unhealthy" means when folks here have used it with regard to personality type.

Why don't you frame your comments in such a way that people might be compelled to give them credence? Your attitude is negative and pathetic.

I'm sorry you got beaten up on the playground when you were younger. Get over it. At this point you appear to be nothing more than a sardonic idiot.
    Errr...I was agreeing with you, dude. What on earth...?

I don't even understand why you felt you needed a nasty response here.

The playground thing? What? This is...just bad. And a classic ESTP response too--angry, blunt, over the top and most of all irrelevant.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

For what it's worth I really enjoy reading about the negatives of my type. An ISFP. Really the strengths of your type are also the weaknesses of your type. You can't really have one without the other.
    All differentiating factors seem to often be washed out so as not to offend anybody. But the sad effect is if there is nothing to clearly define each type then there is also nothing to learn from the descriptions.
    Everybody is trying to find balance but the truth is we as humans fluctuate from an unhealthy state to a healthy state. At least that is what I do.
    An ESTP is blunt=An ESTP is direct. Two sides of the same coin.

No matter how thin you slice it there is always two sides.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ So do I, it's constructive.

I never even said or implied that Halla had used the word "unhealthy" in his post; somehow the fact that I was complaining about this in general convinced him that it must be directed at him personally. I don't see why.

Then he took the favorite ESTP tactic of making up an irrelevant insult ("You got beat up on the playground as a child"? Seriously?) and trying to out-boast the opponent instead of making any kind of useful contribution to the discussion at hand.

That's the difference between ESTP and ENTP argumentation styles: we both use insults, but ours are accompanied by legitimate logical refutations, and theirs aren't. If they can get their STP buddies to laugh because they called you a commie-loving fagtard, in their minds, they've succeeded, relevant points be damned. Se has established brute-force physical dominance and that's all that matters at present moment.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

The playground thing? What? This is...just bad. And a classic ESTP response too--angry, blunt, over the top and most of all irrelevant.
    I don't see how you were agreeing with me when you stated that I issued a "bullshit disclaimer." At any rate your words were harsh, and mine were as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left, and here we are. Cheers to all.

Dw too much simulatedworld

I'm pretty sure mitzy got him warmed up before to the ENTPs

You both have valid points, you were having a bit of a dig for people who use the words "unhealthy/healthy" to describe types... might of been an unwarranted attack that halla used at ENTP weaknesses but as I said above haha

lol but ANYWAY

What was the point I missed? Could you rephrase?

^ So do I, it's constructive.

I never even said or implied that Halla had used the word "unhealthy" in his post; somehow the fact that I was complaining about this in general convinced him that it must be directed at him personally. I don't see why.

Then he took the favorite ESTP tactic of making up an irrelevant insult ("You got beat up on the playground as a child"? Seriously?) and trying to out-boast the opponent instead of making any kind of useful contribution to the discussion at hand.

That's the difference between ESTP and ENTP argumentation styles: we both use insults, but ours are accompanied by legitimate logical refutations, and theirs aren't. If they can get their STP buddies to laugh because they called you a commie-loving fagtard, in their minds, they've succeeded, relevant points be damned. Se has established brute-force physical dominance and that's all that matters at present moment.
    On the contrary (and I'm well aware this post is more directed at halla) Se with my back up Ti means my argument will always have logic, reason and relevant points and I don't believe being an N makes you less likely to use personal digs (from seemingly nowhere) from time to time.

I mean hell even my ENFP friend uses those, its essentially something ANYONE can use when they have run out of ammo

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I don't see how you were agreeing with me when you stated that I issued a "bullshit disclaimer." At any rate your words were harsh, and mine were as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left, and here we are. Cheers to all.
    Fair enough. I didn't mean that you personally were using a bullshit disclaimer; in fact, it's more F types that tend to do it. That one really had nothing to do with you.

But no reason to hold a grudge. Likewise on the cheers, sir.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Fair enough. I didn't mean that you personally were using a bullshit disclaimer; in fact, it's more F types that tend to do it. That one really had nothing to do with you.

But no reason to hold a grudge. Likewise on the cheers, sir.
    Cool on that, it's all good, seriously. You and I seem to have a similar capacity to engage once our "fairness meter" goes into the red. I might have had a bad day and gone over the top, but I would not have if not felt disrespected. I honestly was a bit confused, but its water under the bridge at this point, I have never been one to hold a grudge, and I'd much rather figure out how use ENTPs and ESTPs are similar than pissed at each other for no apparent good reason. Peace to you then, Sir!

Dali

When will we be able to drop this P.C. "OMG JUST SO NOBODY GETS UPSET MY CRITICISMS OF THIS TYPE ONLY APPLY TO UNHEALTHY ONES OK PLEASE DON'T GET MAD THAT I'M SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT YOUR GROUP!!!" crap?

I'm so sick of the way people here throw around the word "unhealthy."

It's like saying, "Ok this doesn't apply to any blondes in the room!" before telling a dumb blonde joke. Seriously, nobody needs the disclaimer. If you're too dense to understand that typological criticisms are broad statements regarding the group as a whole and not specific statements intended to apply precisely to every individual member of the group, then go find yourself a hobby other than typology.

The rest of us will be waiting when the forum gets over its collective ego enough to accept that we're all guilty of some of the negative traits our types get accused of--that's where the stereotypes come from in the first place.

/rant
    +1

I've been using 'unhealthy' of late (when speaking of negative traits of all types) because, otherwise, feathers tend to get ruffled but it's good to see someone of a similar mindset here.

ENTPs
    ESTPs

Different process
    Same result