• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What were/are you like in school?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was the quiet nerdy honors student. Not the kind that got picked on all the time, more the kind that nobody paid attention to either way, and I was cool with that. Even the teachers really only knew me as "that smart kid that never talked."

D

Dali

I was quiet and did particularly well in some subjects (mathematics was not one of those) but I was also the epitome of the anti-authoritarian kid. I remember once having a discussion with a fellow student and he couldnt understand why I didn't follow the rules and I couldn't understand why he did. The ONLY reason I didn't get into tonnes of trouble was my eyes.

Seriously.

My eyes.

Back then, I had these 'sleepy eyes' (these same eyes but on a guy) that make me seem roughly 11 billion times more innocent than I really am and I was often let go with just a warning (for stuff that other kids had even been suspended for!) and I believe all the credit goes to my 'innocent expression' and 'innocent eyes'.

I'm more discreet about my rule-nonfollowing nowadays.

Last edited:

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In school I was the quiet kid, or at least thought I was. For some reason, I always ended up known by most kids in my classes. Guess I just couldn't keep a low profile when I was so good at answering all of those questions :p. I didn't have any friends for the most part, although I did find some interesting people to sit with at the lunch table. In middle school I always sat at the girl's table as the guy's table was mostly caustic to me. It was kinda interesting how it was segregated. We had the white boys table, the white girls table, and the black people table. How crazy is that? Interestingly enough, for all my intellectual capacity, I failed to really do anything major, at least just after high school.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was never brilliant enough to be a whizkid, never serious enough to be an overachiever, never pathetic enough to be an outcast, never destructive enough to be a miscreant. I floated around and kept my own counsel. Mostly just tried on different costumes and groups long enough to realize that none of them fit. High school was a lot of fun, though. Many fundamental experiences.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Highschool in particular.

In primary school I was a quiet "gifted" kid apparently, then when I got to highschool I became a little shit. My friends and I were rowdy, would mock everything, question everything teachers told us to do, resist any structure imposed on us, light fires, goof off and I never took school seriously until after I had left.

After highschool I went back to being the quiet thoughtful person I am today, something about the highschool system didn't sit with me and I rebeled throughout.

Is this normal for SPs or ISFPs?

I was a fairly good student, but wasn't interested in academics per se. Either I liked the subject and I learned not only the assigned material but also a whole lot more, or I didn't like the subject but still got pretty good grades because I was a good test-taker (cramming right before exams worked for me). I graduated with a B+ average.

Socially, I wasn't outwardly a rebel at all, but I did have this HUGE need to make my own choices regardless of what anyone else in my class was doing. As a result, I wasn't popular, but I wasn't disliked either. I don't think most of the other kids knew what to make of me. I always managed to have a friend or two, but I have no doubt a lot of kids thought I was weird -- or at the very least, too quiet. (aside: Why is it that outgoing teens seem to have this need to shove their faces into the faces of shy teens and say "Don't you ever talk?!?" I used to not know how to respond to that until one day on impulse I simply smiled mysteriously and slowly shook my head. That got a positive response, for some reason.)

I think what saved me from being taunted by all the "in" crowd for my quietness and TOTAL lack of interest in sports, school spirit, and popular taste in music and fashion (I listened to vintage 1930s jazz and wore some pretty weird ensembles -- many of them were frumpy-unattractive rather than cool) -- at any rate, what saved me, I think, was that I was an artistic show-off. I enterted art contests and won a few, and got quite a lot of positive attention for what I could do, even though I have no idea why some of those kids even cared. That was my experience, at any rate.

Oh yeah, and boyfriends were nonexistant until I went to college. Maybe my frumpy artsy-fartsy appearance and untypical tastes turned them off, or maybe it was because I was very shy and didn't pay guys much attention at all (I was so inwardly-focused, it wasn't even funny!) At any rate, when I was 18, some guy asked me out a week after I started college, and I was so shocked by that that I turned him down because I thought he was only trying to make fun of me. I later found out from a friend of his that he WAS seriously wanting to ask me out, and that it wasn't a joke, and he was really disappointed because he really liked me. Ah well. I was SO socially awkward... :blush:

Sarah
ISFP

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just like me. A lot of sexual jokes and fun + serious business and best grades in class = people don't know what to expect :wtf: :laugh:

Yeah, what's up with that anyway? I was totally hung up on that kind of thing when I was in my early teens. Pretty fucked up. Even pretended to be gay a few times to scare people, just to tell them later and make them angry :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Nobody important.

I remain as such.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I was a quiet underachiever with eczema.

:violin:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was not the right one :D

no_name_lady_and_gentlemen.jpg

alicia91

I was a good student and got A's and B's and was usually on the Honor Roll. However, I had horrible study habits and didn't really work for my grades. Socially I would say that I was a fringe member of the popular group.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Quite goofy actually! I was always laughing sometimes before, during and after a row from a teacher. I found it difficult to take anything seriously! I was with all the nerdy/eccentric people (Cos I love em so) and was quite chatty (In fact very chatty) But I was a model student for the teachers I liked and the subjects I enjoyed (Maths english etc)

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
moody piece of shyte, mostly keep to myself trying to arrange and organize my thoughts, pragmatic and oblivious to the enviroment, Im observant and at the same time engrossed in my mishmash of thoughts.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Quiet, shy and only a few friends. I'm not as quiet and not that shy now but still only have a few good friends.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went through different phases.

I think, near the beginning, I was a victim of bullying, which perhaps led me to be mistrustful of people. I couldn't really relate or see the point of what other kids did for fun.

Having an imaginative childhood, I was the kind of kid picked last on the team during gym class. I was never interested in sports and was therefore often mocked by the other children. Interestingly, I was the one blamed for a lack of social skills and sent to special ed classes.

Later on, I mostly hung out with myself because I really had no interest in interacting with other people other than showing them how awesome I was compared to them.

I think in my senior year, however, I became popular in an oddball sort of way. But still, I didn't really have an interest in doing things with them (A) because I had no interest in the things most people did (sports, parties, etc.) and (B) my independence takes the front seat. Plus, I was discomforted by the idea of possibly being taken advantage of.

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I was one of the good, quiet kids who got was part of one of the groups that were neither popular nor complete outcasts. But I always seemed to be friends with a few troublemakers though. I think this is mainly because my first impression on most people was “extremely quiet and unlikely to say or do anything in the near future” and then once I felt comfortable I’d come out with some sarcastic or critical comment and I’d surprise them into thinking I was great. Or something. I got a lot of ‘omg you’re so funny’ from people I didn’t know well.

Kleinheiko

MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
9w1
I was the one tenor in choir who could . . . ummm . . . sing . . . and I really liked singing. When I wanted to, I could be louder than the entire 70 piece choir, therefore, nobody liked me, but everybody knew me.

In High school, I had about two friends. give or take . . . two . . . I associated with the low down kids who were not going anywhere with their lives, simply because they liked me when nobody else did.

Surprisingly, the girlfriend scene was not too bad. One of my two friends was a severe EXFX, and would hook me up with girls I liked.

I have always been the guy who understands everything that I am taught, helps other students with their classwork, and gets a C in the class because I totally forgot to do the homework myself.

College is much better, because if I miss homework, but ace the tests, I do well. Also, I have friends here.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm in high school right now. I fucking hate it, although this final year is probably better than the others. Academically I do alright. I'm somehwhat of a slacker and underachiever, but I get 70's mostly. I usually sit at the back and keep a low profile. Socially I don't belong to any one group, but I get along with everyone pretty well anyway, and I can usually have a conversation with pretty much anyone. I've hated school my entire life, I just have such a negative attitude that I hate pretty much everything unless I have a really great teacher who also hates the normal way of doing things and does something else.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Evan in High school
charismatic drug-addicted nerdy thug with good grades.
Very talkative, very popular, very anti-authority

oh, and i was in band for 3 of the high school years.
i wasn't the average student, to say the least.