• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What were/are you like in school?

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
High School. :)
I was quiet, not very happy, made horrible grades because I never did any homework. I hung out with the hippies, the stoners, the jocks who were "closet intellectuals", the artistic, the ones who wondered and pondered mysteries, basically with those who had problems with the school system's philosophy on teaching and on what a real "education" was.

It wasn't the curriculum per se that I abhorred, just the basic message behind the system in itself. It was such a degrading message, an insult to learning, and you could see it stamped on every teachers face like an horrific stench. That repetitive, rote, monotony of the system that crushes you to the point where you either accept it, or reject it.

I grew an afro too.

:D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
In primary school I was the teachers pet inspite of the fact that I was the self appointed defender of the weaker students. I was nerdy but taller than people years above me so I didn't have to worry about being picked on, instead the bullies had to worry about me picking on them, which I would do with great gusto whenever the chance arose.

For instance one guy broke my friends glasses by punching him in the face, so I made him wear the broken glasses for a few days whilst he was at school, and there wasn't really much he could do, except go and grass me up to the teachers, which didn't get him anywhere because I had them in my pocket too.

Secondary school (first half 11-14) was pretty much the same, pulling in top grades, loved by the teachers, hated by the popular crowd for what I would do to them when I got bored.......which was pretty much all the time because I wasn't being challenged in my learning.

I was also voted clown of the class because everything was a joke to me back then.

Upper school (14-16) was a total disaster for personal reasons. I hated my first attempt at college because it was in a run down part of London, and full of nasty people, so walking into college was a walk into battle every morning, so I gave it up because I was more about peace and love than violence anymore.

Loved my second attempt at college because it was out in the sticks and the people went to learn, not to pose and look cool whilst picking fights.

I miss primary school lol

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I work with a girl I went to high school with, and she surprised me with her summation of my role in school. She recalled that I was rather intimidating and would only sit and read during class while ignoring everything else, and when the jocks would try to talk to or bait me I would shut them down with a quick one-liner.

That surprised me, because I always saw myself as the sweet, shy type.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
LOL....well, my senior year I was voted Most Friendly...hilarious picture and write up with my female counterpart ....

I was the go to guy; a leader....but had no interest in the school government crap. Got good grades. Decorated jock...but was friends with every 'group' in the school. Football was my life.

I dated the cheerleader.....but was always attracted to the shy, sweet girls....always the long term relationship guy. My buddies were always trying to figure out why I dated certain girls.....

I always had these 'thoughts' that I had a creative side....loved to read, love music, always wanted to explore .....so I took photography my senior year.

I HATE saying this kind of stuff....I was popular....but I was always more interested in the quiet people and what they were thinking....

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Kindergarten-My mom said my teacher labeled me as autistic:shock: because I didn't mingle with other kids and was always drawing stuff.
Elementary-when I was in grade 1, they said that I was very talkative(hehe..I would refer to it as very inquisitive, I was always asking a lot of questions!). But for the remaining grades, I was shy and obedient and the mothers of my classmates like me to be their daughter!
Highschool-Pretty much the same-shy and obedient...but when I was in 2nd yr., I started to talk back to anyone who disagrees with my beliefs:devil:. Also, from 1st yr. to 4th
yr., I was very conscious about my grades. I didn't join cliques, but I had a very few close friends.
College-I now listen more to other people's opinions, still concerned about my grades, people call me artistic and very intelligent(I always want to tell them it's because I studied).:newwink:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was the quiet one that sat in the back and didnt do much homework. I calculated how much homework I could miss and still pass. School was not a challenge and bored me, I got put into honors class and got dropped from it within 6 weeks because I still did as little homework as possible to make a C. They didnt like Cs in honors, but no one told me.

Waste of time in my opinion too.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am generally pessimistic in class because I see no purpose to it, but I really like to get to know my teachers and I do my work because I have to and so I don't give them any stress. People think I'm really weird and generally don't talk to me much. I usually make friends with the most healthy people, so that is good. I seem to have a filter for unhealthy people. I am friends with a multitude of people, from ESTJ (who is awesome) to another INFP to all NT types. Etc. I actually like only having like ten friends, I think I'd get overwhelmed otherwise.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I actually like only having like ten friends, I think I'd get overwhelmed otherwise.

Damn, 3 is overwhelming for me. Fs have a whole other dimension of introversion - Not claiming that all INTs can't handle 3 friends.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I actually like only having like ten friends, I think I'd get overwhelmed otherwise.

Wow, that's too many for me. I like having one close friend at a time because I give alot emotionally in a friendship and don't like to spread myself out too thin.

I have other friends, but I speak to them once in awhile, or meet up occasionally, whereas my one close friend can actually expect me to answer the phone to her even if I am in my cave at the times, which the rest can't.

I've tried maintaining more friends at once, but it's too confusing and stressful and draining.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I wouldn't say I was an exemplary student, however, I was pretty good through out most of school. During elementary and secondary school I had straight As, but I wouldn't say that those were because a passion for studying, it was more because it was all so easy and simple.

When I got into highschool and I actually had to learn to get high grades, it wasn't all so pink and pretty, because I just can't learn stuff to get an A if I feel it's utter crap (or if I'm not in the mood). I'd rather skip the class. But I still have high grades (almost straight As), despite the increasing number of absences.

Anyway, I think that our educational system sucks big time, not to mention that there are like 70% of the teachers, especially at the countryside, who have no idea what they are talking about or who still grade students depending on how they woke up that day.

I mean, imgine how it is to realize that you actually know more about a subject than your teacher and still to get a C because you didn't tell him the lesson exactly how he dictated it to the class.

This is just a brief image of our system, but to actually have a feel of it, you need to know much more. It's outrageous to me, but we can't do anything about it. I live in such a shitty country, it's not that I am ashamed of it, but it's simply shitty.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was pretty much "gifted" and known as the smarty pants or teacher's pet... til highschool started. Then I mostly just skipped school and didn't really try for anything. Hah.

I was quiet and would do work when necessary, but if I felt like I just wasn't up to it that day, I'd grab my good IxFP bff (& vice versa) and we'd walk on to the park and have ourselves a little picnic while chasing geese and whatnot...

Or just go wherever seemed like a good idea. We've been through everywhere in Bridgeport from cemetaries to the little land of green separating the traffic. :3

At the moment, I'm a freshman in community college and hmm... I was doing quite well in the beginning but now it's the middle of spring semester and I'm slacking like crazy. XP

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I was pretty much "gifted" and known as the smarty pants or teacher's pet... til highschool started. Then I mostly just skipped school and didn't really try for anything. Hah.

I was quiet and would do work when necessary, but if I felt like I just wasn't up to it that day, I'd grab my good IxFP bff (& vice versa) and we'd walk on to the park and have ourselves a little picnic while chasing geese and whatnot...

Or just go wherever seemed like a good idea. We've been through everywhere in Bridgeport from cemetaries to the little land of green separating the traffic. :3

At the moment, I'm a freshman in community college and hmm... I was doing quite well in the beginning but now it's the middle of spring semester and I'm slacking like crazy. XP

Sounds awfully familiar -
I was really nervous up till highschool about being perfect as a student. then i got a social life and realized i love attention, friends, and all things social. thus i changed from an I into an E; and now i slack like crazy and don't do much in that regard. Sigh.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I noticed that not a single person who answered claims to have bullied or picked on anyone. I find that interesting.

Until I left out of boredom, I was practically invisible, the weird little fat kid. Unless the popular kids needed to take out some of their teen angst. Then I was their favorite target.

I didn't go back to school till my late 20's. College is different.

Synthetic Darkness

Elementary school: Bright student that was loved by all the teachers, I got to do work from higher grades, had plenty of friends ect.

Middle school: More introverted struggled a lot in school, I was depressed didn't have as many friends. Had a lot of psychological assesments (for giftedness, autism ect) and found out that my struggle in school was mainly because I wasn't challenged enough. I was forced to apply for IB and got in ><

High school: Lots of friends, but nobody I'd bare my soul to really...I really dislike I.B, and I'm angry that I'm in it, if it were up to me I'd take as many courses as I could NOW and finish high school faster. but obviously I'm not allowed...