User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I was the quiet nerdy honors student. Not the kind that got picked on all the time, more the kind that nobody paid attention to either way, and I was cool with that. Even the teachers really only knew me as "that smart kid that never talked."
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Dali

I was quiet and did particularly well in some subjects (mathematics was not one of those) but I was also the epitome of the anti-authoritarian kid. I remember once having a discussion with a fellow student and he couldnt understand why I didn't follow the rules and I couldn't understand why he did. The ONLY reason I didn't get into tonnes of trouble was my eyes.

Seriously.

My eyes.

Back then, I had these 'sleepy eyes' (these same eyes but on a guy) that make me seem roughly 11 billion times more innocent than I really am and I was often let go with just a warning (for stuff that other kids had even been suspended for!) and I believe all the credit goes to my 'innocent expression' and 'innocent eyes'.

I'm more discreet about my rule-nonfollowing nowadays.
    Last edited by Dali; 11-06-2008 at 05:30 AM.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

In school I was the quiet kid, or at least thought I was. For some reason, I always ended up known by most kids in my classes. Guess I just couldn't keep a low profile when I was so good at answering all of those questions :P. I didn't have any friends for the most part, although I did find some interesting people to sit with at the lunch table. In middle school I always sat at the girl's table as the guy's table was mostly caustic to me. It was kinda interesting how it was segregated. We had the white boys table, the white girls table, and the black people table. How crazy is that? Interestingly enough, for all my intellectual capacity, I failed to really do anything major, at least just after high school.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was never brilliant enough to be a whizkid, never serious enough to be an overachiever, never pathetic enough to be an outcast, never destructive enough to be a miscreant. I floated around and kept my own counsel. Mostly just tried on different costumes and groups long enough to realize that none of them fit. High school was a lot of fun, though. Many fundamental experiences.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Highschool in particular.

In primary school I was a quiet "gifted" kid apparently, then when I got to highschool I became a little shit. My friends and I were rowdy, would mock everything, question everything teachers told us to do, resist any structure imposed on us, light fires, goof off and I never took school seriously until after I had left.

After highschool I went back to being the quiet thoughtful person I am today, something about the highschool system didn't sit with me and I rebeled throughout.

Is this normal for SPs or ISFPs?
    I was a fairly good student, but wasn't interested in academics per se. Either I liked the subject and I learned not only the assigned material but also a whole lot more, or I didn't like the subject but still got pretty good grades because I was a good test-taker (cramming right before exams worked for me). I graduated with a B+ average.

Socially, I wasn't outwardly a rebel at all, but I did have this HUGE need to make my own choices regardless of what anyone else in my class was doing. As a result, I wasn't popular, but I wasn't disliked either. I don't think most of the other kids knew what to make of me. I always managed to have a friend or two, but I have no doubt a lot of kids thought I was weird -- or at the very least, too quiet. (aside: Why is it that outgoing teens seem to have this need to shove their faces into the faces of shy teens and say "Don't you ever talk?!?" I used to not know how to respond to that until one day on impulse I simply smiled mysteriously and slowly shook my head. That got a positive response, for some reason.)

I think what saved me from being taunted by all the "in" crowd for my quietness and TOTAL lack of interest in sports, school spirit, and popular taste in music and fashion (I listened to vintage 1930s jazz and wore some pretty weird ensembles -- many of them were frumpy-unattractive rather than cool) -- at any rate, what saved me, I think, was that I was an artistic show-off. I enterted art contests and won a few, and got quite a lot of positive attention for what I could do, even though I have no idea why some of those kids even cared. That was my experience, at any rate.

Oh yeah, and boyfriends were nonexistant until I went to college. Maybe my frumpy artsy-fartsy appearance and untypical tastes turned them off, or maybe it was because I was very shy and didn't pay guys much attention at all (I was so inwardly-focused, it wasn't even funny!) At any rate, when I was 18, some guy asked me out a week after I started college, and I was so shocked by that that I turned him down because I thought he was only trying to make fun of me. I later found out from a friend of his that he WAS seriously wanting to ask me out, and that it wasn't a joke, and he was really disappointed because he really liked me. Ah well. I was SO socially awkward...

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Just like me. A lot of sexual jokes and fun + serious business and best grades in class = people don't know what to expect
    Yeah, what's up with that anyway? I was totally hung up on that kind of thing when I was in my early teens. Pretty fucked up. Even pretended to be gay a few times to scare people, just to tell them later and make them angry

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Nobody important.

I remain as such.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Nobody important.

I remain as such.
    Nobody is all that important. But, you're aces in my book.

(I'm going to go vomit now.)
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ISTJ

I was a quiet underachiever with eczema.

yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I was not the right one

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]