• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] isxp's are poor communicators

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel....something. But...you know, something or other and stuff. Yeah.

You know?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Communication is like something that you get, it feels like that then you get this wow sometimes so you just go for it, it comes down to knowing when yeah is nah and nah is yeah and it all comes together when you find it.

Hope that makes sense.

maliafee

Unless we don't want to talk to you, we are usually good with phone calls, and even better with email. As for the second half of your statement, I disagree.

Agreed. The thing is, we can like you a lot and just not feel up to talking. Sorry. We need space. It's not intentional and most of the time hope or assume you don't care and will understand.

Or, on the other hand, we could be trying to avoid you. :D

I guess you'll have to guess...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I agree somewhat with the OP.
I mean there are one ISTP in my close family and one of my oldest friend is ISFP. Both are pretty bad in calling to people etc. But I don't see that as a problem, I mean people are different. And they are both good in communictaion when you reach their attention. ;)

wolfy

awsm
I can be a terrible communicator I guess. If I'm thinking about something or engaged in something physical I sometimes cannot hear what people say.
I'm just completely zoned out or zoned in depending on your perspective. ;)

Skyline

I can be a terrible communicator I guess. If I'm thinking about something or engaged in something physical I sometimes cannot hear what people say.
I'm just completely zoned out or zoned in depending on your perspective. ;)

I have that too! Some of my family members go nuts about it :p I wish to tell them they need to look straight into my face, slap me (gently) and tell me to focus on what they are saying for one sec. I'm not asking for much! :wubbie:

It's simply a one way focus - issue.

Hunter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm just completely zoned out or zoned in depending on your perspective.

Aha! I'm not alone! I've literally had people curse at me and I've not noticed cause I was in the middle of doing something...And then later, the friends who were with at the time would kinda mention what had happened then give me this shocked look and say something along the lines of, "How could you have not heard that?" once they realized that I had no idea what they were talking about... And they would go on to describe how they were confused at the time as to why I hadn't reacted to it and....blah blah blah.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Them: "I told you about this <insert very important thing> yesterday!":steam:

Me :You did?" :shock:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How does that make y'all the poor communicators though?

:laugh: I get this all the time too. It's the pedestrian cross-the-street principle. You got to make eye contact with the driver. If people are always offhandedly telling me important!things without knowing or checking via eye contact that I'm in it with them, eh.

My mother in particularly does this to me all the time. Sometimes I tune in briefly to realize we're the only two people in a room, and have to ask her if she's talking to me.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
How does that make y'all the poor communicators though?

Because communication is about sending and receiving a message. That's failing the receiving part.

lastrailway

OP:
Not in my experience. Especially ISTPs are usually quite precise communicators. ISFPs maybe less so, but they're still efficient.
Of course, them being both Introverts, might make them not be very willing to communicate.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
some of the less socially trained are absolute poor communicators. never returning phone calls, emails, etc. yet in person they are normal, pussies most of them except for the happier variants.

The bolded shows that you seem personally against ISxP's.

maliafee

Ooh, I just thought of something ISFP-related to add.

If ISFPs and ISTPs were forced to communicate with everyone when they didn't feel like it, they would like you even less and then break off ALL communication. You should be happy you get the communication you do. (haha)

And I totally mumble sometimes. :p

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
Agreed. The thing is, we can like you a lot and just not feel up to talking. Sorry. We need space. It's not intentional and most of the time hope or assume you don't care and will understand.

Or, on the other hand, we could be trying to avoid you. :D

I guess you'll have to guess...

This is what drives me nuts about ISFPs, given that I pretty much need a blunt "I don't ever want to talk to you." response to stop interacting with someone.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll admit Im bad at communicating. The thoughts in my head have a hard time being morphed into the words that come out of my mouth. I will skip words, muy mind goes blank and I cant rememeber the word I need, get halfway through a sentence and my mind starts thinking about something else and I forget to finish the sentence. Im not good at ending conversation, I just kinda think that its over and walk away. I will wait instead of interupting and by the time the other person is done what I wanted to say no longer has relevence with where the conversation went.

Brouhaha

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'll admit Im bad at communicating. The thoughts in my head have a hard time being morphed into the words that come out of my mouth. I will skip words, muy mind goes blank and I cant rememeber the word I need, get halfway through a sentence and my mind starts thinking about something else and I forget to finish the sentence. Im not good at ending conversation, I just kinda think that its over and walk away. I will wait instead of interupting and by the time the other person is done what I wanted to say no longer has relevence with where the conversation went.

Rage! I hate that about myself. I've got the same thing.

maliafee

This is what drives me nuts about ISFPs, given that I pretty much need a blunt "I don't ever want to talk to you." response to stop interacting with someone.

Of course you could always ask them straight up, and you may or may not get the truth in response. :devil: