User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

How does that make y'all the poor communicators though?

I get this all the time too. It's the pedestrian cross-the-street principle. You got to make eye contact with the driver. If people are always offhandedly telling me important!things without knowing or checking via eye contact that I'm in it with them, eh.

My mother in particularly does this to me all the time. Sometimes I tune in briefly to realize we're the only two people in a room, and have to ask her if she's talking to me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    How does that make y'all the poor communicators though?
    Because communication is about sending and receiving a message. That's failing the receiving part.

OP:
    Not in my experience. Especially ISTPs are usually quite precise communicators. ISFPs maybe less so, but they're still efficient.
    Of course, them being both Introverts, might make them not be very willing to communicate.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    some of the less socially trained are absolute poor communicators. never returning phone calls, emails, etc. yet in person they are normal, pussies most of them except for the happier variants.
    The bolded shows that you seem personally against ISxP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Because communication is about sending and receiving a message. That's failing the receiving part.
    Incorrect. That's the sender failing the sending part.

Ooh, I just thought of something ISFP-related to add.

If ISFPs and ISTPs were forced to communicate with everyone when they didn't feel like it, they would like you even less and then break off ALL communication. You should be happy you get the communication you do. (haha)

And I totally mumble sometimes. :P

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Agreed. The thing is, we can like you a lot and just not feel up to talking. Sorry. We need space. It's not intentional and most of the time hope or assume you don't care and will understand.

Or, on the other hand, we could be trying to avoid you.

I guess you'll have to guess...
    This is what drives me nuts about ISFPs, given that I pretty much need a blunt "I don't ever want to talk to you." response to stop interacting with someone.

MBTI
    STP

I'll admit Im bad at communicating. The thoughts in my head have a hard time being morphed into the words that come out of my mouth. I will skip words, muy mind goes blank and I cant rememeber the word I need, get halfway through a sentence and my mind starts thinking about something else and I forget to finish the sentence. Im not good at ending conversation, I just kinda think that its over and walk away. I will wait instead of interupting and by the time the other person is done what I wanted to say no longer has relevence with where the conversation went.
    Likes Mahalka liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I'll admit Im bad at communicating. The thoughts in my head have a hard time being morphed into the words that come out of my mouth. I will skip words, muy mind goes blank and I cant rememeber the word I need, get halfway through a sentence and my mind starts thinking about something else and I forget to finish the sentence. Im not good at ending conversation, I just kinda think that its over and walk away. I will wait instead of interupting and by the time the other person is done what I wanted to say no longer has relevence with where the conversation went.
    Rage! I hate that about myself. I've got the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Just another ISTJ View Post
    This is what drives me nuts about ISFPs, given that I pretty much need a blunt "I don't ever want to talk to you." response to stop interacting with someone.
    Of course you could always ask them straight up, and you may or may not get the truth in response.