First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I thought these days they just forward one of those "send this to 2345 people or suffer bad luck forever" spams.
    I had an ex who peppered me with those spam e-mails for months after she broke up with me.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    Cookie Cutter versions write thank you notes after sex.
    Thanks you notes after sex are cool.

FL

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    FWIW, my INTJ gf wrote me a whole lot of notes expressing her feelings for me. It's about the only way she can get express her feelings...
    Freaky. I was planning on doing this yesterday (for my husband, not you, pt!).

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Thanks you notes after sex are cool.
    Cool: "Thank you, having sex with you was like opening the universe to me, making the world explode into glorious light and all the birds bursting into song in my head at once."
    Uncool: "Thank you, having sex with me was like opening the universe to me, because now I know that I don't want to have anything to do with you for the rest of my life, goodbye."

--

Cool: "Thank you, I do not think I will be able to walk for a week after that wild escapade."
    Uncool: "Thank you for stopping when you heard something break, but I won't be able to walk for a month and my lawyer will contact you on Monday."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Non-INTJs call these love notes, just so you know. Most people like them.

( )

FWIW, my INTJ gf wrote me a whole lot of notes expressing her feelings for me. It's about the only way she can get express her feelings...
    I'm not sure if you guys are getting my sense of humor. In all seriousiness, I often send off a note afterwards, too. Especially upon reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wait a minute...! What's all this???
    I'm just trying to be nice and communicate how much her input is valued. Hey, we all have opinions. I celebrate people's opinions.

Hey, I'm really starting to loosen up, huh?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm just trying to be nice and communicate how much her input is valued. ..
    I know, it was just funny -- I almost got emotional whiplash from the unexpected shift in direction. <rubs back of neck>

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know, it was just funny -- I almost got emotional whiplash from the unexpected shift in direction. <rubs back of neck>
    Keep in mind, INTJs are multidimensional.

Jen, I almost fell off the chair laughing reading your thank you notes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jen, I almost fell off the chair laughing reading your thank you notes.
    I won't even charge royalties if someone would like to use them.

(Shoebox Greetings, eat your heart out!)

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by KMCE View Post
    I know you write this with good intention. But honestly why bother. I agree with the ENTJ guy Maverick in that type prejudices are not worth fighting against.

And hey, you don't go to America and say America sucks . You have PMS if you say we suck . If you keep this going we should wish you all sort of terrible things .
    I meant to reply to this earlier.

I went back and re-read that thread. You're right, Maverick made a lot of points I was trying to make. Instead of letting him tell people how he is and how he sees the world, many people were trying to construct his reality for him. I also notice he hasn't posted since that thread.

I wonder how many Ss come to MBTI forums or lists because they're interested in type and they see how they're viewed and they never post or lurk. How many wonderful conversations haven't been had because of this? I don't think there will even be a large S presence on MBTI website because Ns won't allow it.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I wonder how many Ss come to MBTI forums or lists because they're interested in type and they see how they're viewed and they never post or lurk. How many wonderful conversations haven't been had because of this? I don't think there will even be a large S presence on MBTI website because Ns won't allow it.
    I don't know about that. Going to T dominated boards where F are described as quivering bowls of hysterical jelly doesn't keep me from going there and commenting on something if I want to.